The Queen of the South thread

Newco Rangers

I would urge Queens fans to make their opinions known to our board via the board blog. Already a number of fans have done so. By reiterating our stance we can show them the strength of our opinion.

I've attempted it Davie, but I'm not getting anywhere.

On the OS it says the Blog provides a brief update on the club's position re the Rangers question. When I go in though, I find nothing other than comments posted on the 4th of June. I'm probably doing something stupid here, but so far I've been unable to learn the club's stance or offer my own. Anyone help?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I've attempted it Davie, but I'm not getting anywhere.

On the OS it says the Blog provides a brief update on the club's position re the Rangers question. When I go in though, I find nothing other than comments posted on the 4th of June. I'm probably doing something stupid here, but so far I've been unable to learn the club's stance or offer my own. Anyone help?

If you read through the comments you'll see that some also have replies from the BoD. A few of these are about the newco.

Then at the bottom of the page are some boxes to submit your own comment.

Guest TOPFITTER

The Committee of the Queens Trust have agreed to canvass the views of all Queens Trust members to enable the Trust to get the view of all the membership on the possible application for membership of the SFL by SEVCO (The Rangers Football Club) and the possible League reconstructions.

Follow link for full text, thanks for your views.

http://www.saveoursouth.co.uk/node/235

Replies now coming in through the Trust Site,

you can also email Ross on

ross.corbett@tesco.net or Andy on

topfitter01@gmail.com .

If you read through the comments you'll see that some also have replies from the BoD. A few of these are about the newco.

Then at the bottom of the page are some boxes to submit your own comment.

Ah yes.

As expected, I was indeed doing something stupid - on this occasion, not reading beyond the top part of the page. Thanks for putting me right.

I'll post my own bit later. It's encouraging to see from other posts that I'll not be saying anything original. Not entirely convinced that the 'We've decided to say nothing for now' line is good enough to be honest, but at least we're getting a means to register our views. Let's just hope they're not ignored.

Looking to the season ahead, whats the minimum league finish you would find acceptable ? I feel we HAVE to at least be in play off position but hopeful of better. Of the the rest, I fancy the wasps to do well.

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Looking to the season ahead, whats the minimum league finish you would find acceptable ? I feel we HAVE to at least be in play off position but hopeful of better. Of the the rest, I fancy the wasps to do well.

We must really be aiming to win the league and if not winning outright then winning the playoffs. Anything else is a failure.

We are the only full time team in the league. We probably have the biggest budget in the league in terms of wages. These sort of statements don't come easily to Queens fans, but we really should be looking to win this league.

I'd probably see Ayr (based on last season) and Alloa (coming up from the Third with momentum) as our biggest challengers, although admittedly that's without knowing much about the squads of most of the other teams in this league.

We are the only full time team in the league. We probably have the biggest budget in the league in terms of wages. These sort of statements don't come easily to Queens fans, but we really should be looking to win this league.

Agree with all of this. I don't like not playing the underdog card but it's near certain we'll have the biggest playing budget in this division and as the only full time side we have to be looking to win it.

If we fail to win it then promotion via the playoffs is acceptable (so it doesn't much matter whether you finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th - they all lead the same way). Anything less will ultimately be failure even if it's an unlucky playoff defeat following a season 20 points clear in 2nd.

This must be what it feels like to be a Morton fan

:lol: Yes, or a fan of virtually any of the clubs that came down from the SPL to join us in the first, over the last decade.

Claiming to be favourites and demanding success doesn't sit easily for us, but as a full-time team, we really must be looking to get up. Failure to achieve that will indeed represent just that - failure.

As a club though, we've bigger matters to settle before a ball is kicked.

:lol: Yes, or a fan of virtually any of the clubs that came down from the SPL to join us in the first, over the last decade.

Claiming to be favourites and demanding success doesn't sit easily for us, but as a full-time team, we really must be looking to get up. Failure to achieve that will indeed represent just that - failure.

As a club though, we've bigger matters to settle before a ball is kicked.

Yes indeedy! This QoS we are talking about, people. I certainly ain't making predictions!!! :o

Cowdenbeath now outwardly No to Newco, come on Queens sort it out.

Yes, getting a wee bit impatient here.

Perhaps I'm being unreasonable - it's a big decision that deserves careful consideration, but several clubs, all from different divisions have now spoken and I'm desperate to know how things stand from a Queens perspective.

The comments from fans on Mark Robertson's blog are piling up and they're all voicing the same thing. We've had nothing back though, other than this assurance that they'll do the 'right thing', whatever that is.

If they've not yet decided, they could put something on the site about for instance, how many represented the club at Tuesday's meeting, when the board are going to discuss matters and a recognition of fan opinion.

The absence of this makes me wonder if the matter has been discussed already, but we won't like what was decided. Again, this might be utter pish, but I'd like some real idea of whether it is or not.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The comment from fans on Mark Robertson's blog are piling up and their all voicing the same thing. We've had nothing back though, other than an assurance that they'll do the 'right thing', whatever that is.

Mark is away on holiday.

Edited by Skyline Drifter