The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Falkirk turning an awful season around and yet they're still obsessed with us. Relegation might not be the worst thing in the world.

There are a few shitehawks on here,  but I don’t have any issues with that. 

If you fly with the crows and all that. 

3 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Agreed.  Others are entitled to a gloat.

Especially after some of the nonsense posted on here in January.

9 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Agreed.  Others are entitled to a gloat.

Especially after some of the nonsense posted on here in January.

Yep.

If roles were reversed a good number of us would be all over the Falkirk thread.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep.

If roles were reversed a good number of us would be all over the Falkirk thread.

As a lot of us were.

That is the beauty of P&B and I really don’t understand why folk get upset about it.

One minute you are gloating or at least being entertained by one club’s misfortune, only to find somewhere down the road that it is your turn to be laugh and point material.

Edited by qos_75

I like Naysmith but I feel his time is up. We can’t buy a win just now let alone score a goal.

Relegation is a certainty unless the board grow a set and relieve Gary of his duties for the remaining games.

We’re going down without a wimper and I’d be looking to appoint AJ and see if he can save our season.

There’s nothing to lose and desperate times call for desperate measures.

I can’t see Naysmith being due a huge payout given there’s only a couple of months of the season and presumably his contract left?

Great Escape part 2?!

1 minute ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

I like Naysmith but I feel his time is up. We can’t buy a win just now let alone score a goal.

Relegation is a certainty unless the board grow a set and relieve Gary of his duties for the remaining games.

We’re going down without a wimper and I’d be looking to appoint AJ and see if he can save our season.

I can’t see Naysmith being due a huge payout given there’s only a couple of months of the season and presumably his contract left?

Great Escape part 2?!

I wouldn’t be opposed to that and I reckon A.J. might turn things around.

Even if it was too late to save us this season, I reckon we would be in for a similar journey to last time he was with us.

Great Escape part 2?!

Would AJ want the job though? It's never a good thing to have a relegation on your CV, regardless of the circumstances

Would AJ want the job though? It's never a good thing to have a relegation on your CV, regardless of the circumstances

Who knows but if he were to be offered the job then he’ll have 7 or 8 games to save our season. Even if we were ultimately to go down then I doubt the finger of blame could be pointed at AJ.
Confidence in the dressing room must be at a season low and GN doesn’t come across as a motivational figure! 7 defeats on the bounce is hardly a sign that he can turn it around.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I've never spoken to him and the last time I remember seeing him play football he was being turned inside out by Kevin McAllister, but up until recently he was well regarded? 

I'm blaming that beard. Too much tramp, not enough Socrates. 

Sack the beard...

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I've never spoken to him and the last time I remember seeing him play football he was being turned inside out by Kevin McAllister, but up until recently he was well regarded? 

I'm blaming that beard. Too much tramp, not enough Socrates. 

A lot of that hearts team he was in seem to share the same traits.  Tramp like beard and appearance and feckin useless managers. Neilson, pressley and hartley for example.

Edited by Shodwall cat

I like Naysmith but ......

Never really warmed to him. Far too negative on pitch side - can only imagine what’s he’s like in training.

As for the goalkeeping issue the last Championship level keeper I’ve seen play for Queens was Robinson, and I can only dream of the days of Jamie MacDonald.

Interesting that Naysmith is praising the fans and states the players got off lightly. Maybe he sees it the same way as us with regards to Martin ;)

Reckon the back injury is a copout though.

Whatever we do will no doubt be the wrong decision. Cant understand how AJ will turn the team around when he doesn’t know the players and to be honest a lot of the reason we’re in this predicatment is due to them. Changing the manager  aint going to start making them defend set pieces better. I would let things run the course and regroup at the end of the season. If we’re in dividion 1 so be it, if we're still  in  the championship great but I'm pretty certain we will have  a new manager and certainly a new keeper what ever happens for next season.

Edited by sneeuq