The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Just checking in to see if that curse is still working against you this season.

Oh it is; what a terrible, wee shame.

1ae67cca-ca80-46be-b127-ec8538f97254.jpg

It is a fucker but these things happen. I am full seaside acceptance now.

4 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

It is a fucker but these things happen. I am full seaside acceptance now.

Christ, you've moved along well.

I'm past Naysmith's denial and Martin's isolation, but I'm struggling to get beyond bargaining.  I think it's because we've nothing to trade.

Looking forward to the depression stage  kicking in.  Not sure I'll notice, mind.

I don't know which of these situations is more mental

Dobbie got to within 3 goals of the single season club record on the second weekend of February and might not get the record.

Or

Dobbie sets a single season goalscoring record in a relegation season.

Depressing either way.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Christ, you've moved along well.

I'm past Naysmith's denial and Martin's isolation, but I'm struggling to get beyond bargaining.  I think it's because we've nothing to trade.

Looking forward to the depression stage  kicking in.  Not sure I'll notice, mind.

The depression happened after the Alloa and Morton games.

Now it would probably good to unburden myself and rage at the injustice of it all. However, I am not going to bother with that.

I am going straight to acceptance and looking to next season. If we remain full time then it should be happy days again. 

22 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Ludo it`s harsh to have red dotted Mustafa`s post given it apparently gives an accurate image of the precipitating event :lol:

:lol: He really was just answering the guy's question in a succinct way.

31 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I don't know which of these situations is more mental

Dobbie got to within 3 goals of the single season club record on the second weekend of February and might not get the record.

Or

Dobbie sets a single season goalscoring record in a relegation season.

Depressing either way.

It`s all a cunning plan to give Dobbie 4 extra games in the play-offs to reach the record total.

It`ll be fine :o

I noticed Martin was looking into the main stand and listening to the shouts coming his way as he heading off at half time. Seemed unusual for a player in his position, they'd usually just get their head down and get away to the safety of the dressing room.

Then again, there's a lot that players in his position would usually do that doesn't get done.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can someone give me a short summary of the Alan Martin situation today?!

Came to edge of box to try and collect short back pass for first and didn't make it. For second a cross from corner deep to edge of back of 6 yard box headed back which took a deflection to go in. I thought there was also a foul on Dykes

31 minutes ago, happysouth said:
2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:
I haven't seen much of him, but he doesn't look like a footballer to me. Looks like he had no idea where he is meant to be at any given moment on the pitch.

And?

I wouldn't be comfortable with him starting a game for us.

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I haven't seen much of him, but he doesn't look like a footballer to me. Looks like he had no idea where he is meant to be at any given moment on the pitch.

He’s lucky if he’s managed to get more than 10 minutes in any game (yesterday being the exception as he got 15) but he still deserves his chance.  To say he doesn’t look like a footballer based on his game time so far is incredibly harsh. 

Edited by ALOREBURNE

Guest Flash
12 hours ago, qos_75 said:

The depression happened after the Alloa and Morton games.

Now it would probably good to unburden myself and rage at the injustice of it all. However, I am not going to bother with that.

I am going straight to acceptance and looking to next season. If we remain full time then it should be happy days again. 

Don’t agree that staying full-time would necessarily result in happy days again. Last time, we had a bunch of good young players coming through (Holt, Carmichael, Reilly and Clark) who were probably on relatively low money and could form the basis of a decent side. So, we basically got rid of the relegation fodder and kept the good, young players and were able to sign some more experienced players to build around them.

This time, all the decent players will be away (I fully expect Marshall and Stirling to join the others who are on PCAs plus the loan players, of course. And, if Dobbie joins them, we will be left with next to nothing. We will then be starting from scratch, or with one or two of the players who aren’t good enough, while competing with Championship sides to sign almost a full squad of players for League 1.

Better to avoid relegation if you can. It will be difficult enough for us to get a squad together for next season in the Championship. I can’t see many players been keen to sign for us, or go on loan, if we’re in League 1.

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

Don’t agree that staying full-time would necessarily result in happy days again. Last time, we had a bunch of good young players coming through (Holt, Carmichael, Reilly and Clark) who were probably on relatively low money and could form the basis of a decent side. So, we basically got rid of the relegation fodder and kept the good, young players and were able to sign some more experienced players to build around them.

This time, all the decent players will be away (I fully expect Marshall and Stirling to join the others who are on PCAs plus the loan players, of course. And, if Dobbie joins them, we will be left with next to nothing. We will then be starting from scratch, or with one or two of the players who aren’t good enough, while competing with Championship sides to sign almost a full squad of players for League 1.

Better to avoid relegation if you can. It will be difficult enough for us to get a squad together for next season in the Championship. I can’t see many players been keen to sign for us, or go on loan, if we’re in League 1.

Spot on Flash .