The Queen of the South thread

You need to do everything in your collective powers prise our star keeper away from us. Burgoyne is just a loan player. You need to build around Fasan. Terrific prospect.

I've moaned like Hell about Martin.   
On a personal level though, I feel quite bad for him. 
He's not been good enough, but it must feel incredibly stressful out there when it's going wrong and everyone's having a go.  
If it was every week MT I would thoroughly agree. He gets plenty of stick on here but today is the first time I can recall a sarcastic cheer when he collected the ball in the box and the first time I can remember the fans getting on his back. I reckon the fans have actually been really patient considering how poor he's been at times.

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
36 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:
Couldn't go today. What happened with Martin? 

He cost us yet another goal, possibly the second but from my angle I couldn't really tell if the ball was near the 6 yard box, though it looked close. The fans got on his back after having to suffer the same pish from him once again, he took the huff, flipped off the supporters and never returned for the second half. Hopefully that's the last we see of him tbh.

Did he really stick the fingers up at the home end? 

Will we be happy with Leighfield takomg over for the rest of the season? 

17 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You need to do everything in your collective powers prise our star keeper away from us. Burgoyne is just a loan player. You need to build around Fasan. Terrific prospect.

Quite something that I suspect Fasan would be an upgrade :o but we`ll respectfully decline your generous offer.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
I've moaned like Hell about Martin.   
On a personal level though, I feel quite bad for him. 
He's not been good enough, but it must feel incredibly stressful out there when it's going wrong and everyone's having a go.  

If it was every week MT I would thoroughly agree. He gets plenty of stick on here but today is the first time I can recall a sarcastic cheer when he collected the ball in the box and the first time I can remember the fans getting on his back. I reckon the fans have actually been really patient considering how poor he's been at times.

Yep there was a bit of sarcastic cheering at Tannadice after he finally kept a goal kick within the confines of the pitch after a few awful kicks(his kicking is generally fine) but he`s had a relatively easy ride in the games I`ve been at. His confidence looks absolutely shot and his physical condition doesn`t look good. The occasional decent shot stopping which folk regularly use to defend him can`t disguise that he`s been an awful signing for us. He won`t be the first or the last player to lose it and react to some abuse but if it`s true he refused to play the 2nd half then that`s unacceptable IMHO.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Did he really stick the fingers up at the home end? 
Will we be happy with Leighfield takomg over for the rest of the season? 
Honestly, I never saw it as I was too busy losing my head with a creepy b*****d in the Caley support but a couple of people have seen him do it. I did hear the terrace jeer when he left the goal and he had his gloves off, which I can't recall him ever doing at HT.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

On a plus note just think how manh goals dobbie could score in league one.

Stephen Dobbie has scored FORTY FIVE goals in just FOURTEEN matches - that's more than Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar COMBINED!

^^^^ Endless BBC Sport features in November 2019

I know. But a great example of the passion we need.

Passion doesn’t save teams from relegation.

It’s a myth conjured by fans unhappy with the current manager and a need for a past legend to come and save the day. It never works out that way.