The Queen of the South thread

Guest Flash
3 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

I remember him injuring himself celebrating a goal. Was out for a fair bit after that. 

Not likely something he’ll have to worry about with us.

2 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Good to see Todd back after not wanting to play for us again...

So much for the 1 man team argument. If anything Dobbie's excellence has often overshadowed Josh Todd's importance. Lost every game except the Dundee cup replay since he's been out. 1st game back, win. I wasn't at the game today, but can't be a coincidence.

4 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

So much for the 1 man team argument. If anything Dobbie's excellence has often overshadowed Josh Todd's importance. Lost every game except the Dundee cup replay since he's been out. 1st game back, win. I wasn't at the game today, but can't be a coincidence.

Jack Leighfield was the main reason we got the win not Todd. 

It's in our hands at least. Having a look at everyone's fixtures we've arguably got the best run in as well. By no means easy but definitely not the worst one to have.

Morton are definitely in the dog fight now as well and Dunfermline will have a big say as well as they have a game against everyone in the bottom 4 bar Alloa. So they either do us a favour and win them all (ideally not against us!) or even they get dragged into it as well. We absolutely have to win our home fixtures. 4 of the 7 being at home. Anything away is a bonus. 5 of the 7 fixtures (if you include The Pars) are against those we're fighting with so we really need to show up in those games and it'll hopefully mean the Ayr and County results don't make it the end of the world if we lose.

On 10/03/2019 at 07:54, die hard doonhamer said:

I haven't seen much of him, but he doesn't look like a footballer to me. Looks like he had no idea where he is meant to be at any given moment on the pitch.

For all today was a great result, I absolutely stand by this earlier post about McGrath. He has no positional sense, can't control the ball, and can't pass. 

8 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Great result today. Unexpected but needed given results elsewhere. Alloa fans must be gutted

In a way I suppose we're all a bit gutted that our unlikely looking results haven't had the direct positive impact on our standings we might have hoped for.  The bottom four all had difficult fixtures, yet three won while the other drew. 

It's kind of 'as you were' but we'd have been in real trouble with a defeat, and stopping the rot really mattered.