The Queen of the South thread

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Wild that he's getting considered for international football. 

Most of their current forwards play in the big leagues in Europe and/or for Champions League clubs, with the exeption of Amrabat who did play for those sort of clubs before chasing big bucks in Saudi Arabia. I would say there is approximately a 0% chance of him ever being called up, and this seems like just an excuse to leave.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Most of their current forwards play in the big leagues in Europe and/or for Champions League clubs, with the exeption of Amrabat who did play for those sort of clubs before chasing big bucks in Saudi Arabia. I would say there is approximately a 0% chance of him ever being called up, and this seems like just an excuse to leave.

Perhaps it is to join the 'A' team that participates in the African Nations Championship, like shown earlier. If that's a big enough reason...

Aye, only 3 of Morocco’s latest squad play in Morocco.
Either someone has been confused or Faiss has done you like an absolute kipper.

Shades of Stelios Demetriou getting out his Ross County contract by saying he was homesick and then rocking up at Macclesfield.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Perhaps it is to join the 'A' team that participates in the African Nations Championship, like shown earlier. If that's a big enough reason...

It's the only reason that could make any kind of sense.   Even then, it sounds a little unlikely that he'd be in the frame, unless their domestic league is very weak.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's the only reason that could make any kind of sense.   Even then, it sounds a little unlikely that he'd be in the frame, unless their domestic league is very weak.

I was half-jokingly expecting for him to have been signed by one of the big teams like Raja or Wydad Casablanca, but it's some team even I haven't heard of.

19 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I was half-jokingly expecting for him to have been signed by one of the big teams like Raja or Wydad Casablanca, but it's some team even I haven't heard of.

The league consists of 16 teams, if you know half of them you’re doing well. As for this team it looks like they average at around 6k home attendances. It’s definitely a step up for the boy and he wanted the move. All the best to him. 

5 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

The league consists of 16 teams, if you know half of them you’re doing well. As for this team it looks like they average at around 6k home attendances. It’s definitely a step up for the boy and he wanted the move. All the best to him. 

Came 5th in the top league last season, currently 7th this season. Sounds like a decent move indeed.

I liked him, thought he offered us something different. Very skilful but a bit greedy at times. Good corner kick delivery but a poor finisher!

Think I’ve maybe summed Faiss up! Some positives and some negatives! Hope we have a decent replacement lined up [emoji848]

We won’t really know how damaging a departure this is until we see who replaces him. If it’s Michael Paton then yeah, we’re screwed but it shouldn’t be impossible to find a player that can contribute the 1 goal and 15 appearances he managed.

We are a better team this season with El Bakhtaoui in the side, no doubt. It hasn’t happened enough though due to his injuries.

I’m not mourning the loss of a club legend tonight as many seem to be, but the end of a minor footnote in a thoroughly forget-able season.

3 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

We won’t really know how damaging a departure this is until we see who replaces him. If it’s Michael Paton then yeah, we’re screwed but it shouldn’t be impossible to find a player that can contribute the 1 goal and 15 appearances he managed.

We are a better team this season with El Bakhtaoui in the side, no doubt. It hasn’t happened enough though due to his injuries.

I’m not mourning the loss of a club legend tonight as many seem to be, but the end of a minor footnote in a thoroughly forget-able season.

Danny Swanson is available for nothing...