The Queen of the South thread

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It might have been set this way almost two months ago, but I'm still bloody pissed off that we don't have a Cup Tie this weekend.

Just saying.

Away to Killie, train down. What a day it would have been...

15 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Should be going all out to get Todd back.

Would have been a great signing but as soon as Falkirk got involved we had no chance .

On our budget it is very difficult to sign players our best hope is to get 2 players in on loan with the hope that the parent club will pay most of the players wages .

Edited by Northfield 53

3 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Decent player who for whatever reason never got a chance at Dundee.

Made 18 appearances, played over 800 minutes in total, contributed absolutely nothing and was a waste of a shirt.

He's one of those players that will no doubt become Messi by the end of the season since it's an area of the pitch that we have to play Sean bloody Mackie in, but he was largely garbage.

Can see there was a player in there and he showed wee flashes from time to time but he can have no complaints about being moved on tbh.

6 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:

If Queens went part-time, even more fans would stop going. It might happen, but it would finish me ☹️

Can I ask if you supported Queens before they went "full time"?  If you did support them back then what's the difference that would stop you supporting them if they returned to part time? 

2 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

IMG_1579331628.969593.jpg

So we tried to get him on loan. Put yourself in his shoes, you are going to take the 18 month deal all day long. It’s his livelihood at the end of the day. 

Edited by ALOREBURNE

I'm a bit disappointed rather than gutted that Todd hasn't signed for us.  Understandable that secured a permanent signing at Falkirk  rather than a loan here. I hope we don't have the usual suspects claiming we didn't try hard enough to sign him. 

12 hours ago, eibbod nehpets said:

He didn't. 

We dodged a bullet. 

Todd had the option of coming back to us on loan but wanted a permanent deal  to cover the remaining 18 months of his Dundee contract on much the same money we could not get anywhere near what Dundee or Falkirk are now paying him .

55 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm a bit disappointed rather than gutted that Todd hasn't signed for us.  Understandable that secured a permanent signing at Falkirk  rather than a loan here. I hope we don't have the usual suspects claiming we didn't try hard enough to sign him. 

As you state yourself, QoS didn't try hard enough to sign him. Falkirk certainly tried harder and got their man.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

As you state yourself, QoS didn't try hard enough to sign him. Falkirk certainly tried harder and got their man.

It’s not down to how hard you try to sign a player. It’s how much you can afford to pay them.

£600 a week at Queens or £1,000 a week at Falkirk !!!! For example.

Figures maybe wrong of course but you get the drift !!!!

I would also imagine Dundee would have had to pay him off from his current contract. So all in all Todd has done well out of the deal. 

Pay off, similar salary, 18 month contract, happy days