The Queen of the South thread

34 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Slightly off topic, but since I haven’t been following QoS, how much longer will Dobbie be effective? His numbers are sliding, but still plenty good for the Championship.

He wasn’t on the scoresheet as much but he had absolutely no service from that horrendous midfield for large parts of the season. He’ll still be dangerous but it’s a case of AJ helping him out by signing some half decent players who can help him out. 

46 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

He wasn’t on the scoresheet as much but he had absolutely no service from that horrendous midfield for large parts of the season. He’ll still be dangerous but it’s a case of AJ helping him out by signing some half decent players who can help him out. 

Have you been living under a rock during this pandemic????? We will have to except what team we have on the park for the next few years due to Covid-19.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and job loses in DG will be through the roof when Furlough is finished, never thought i would sy this but thank god the chairman didnt sign any-players  

Have you been living under a rock during this pandemic????? We will have to except what team we have on the park for the next few years due to Covid-19.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and job loses in DG will be through the roof when Furlough is finished, never thought i would sy this but thank god the chairman didnt sign any-players  

That's some reaction to a fair post by ALOREBURNE default_ohmy.png

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Slightly off topic, but since I haven’t been following QoS, how much longer will Dobbie be effective? His numbers are sliding, but still plenty good for the Championship.

Was once undisoutedly one of the best strikers in this division, wasn't in the conversation with regards to that last season at all. For all the talk of him being in a poor team, great players are normally able to elevate the team through their performances, as Nisbet did for us last season and Dobbie has done in the past, and by the end Dobbie wasn't doing much to elevate what was a rancid QoTS side. 

While he wasn't exactly rapid, I thought Dobbie had a really good turn of pace over the first 5 yards with the ball at his feet, normally glued to his feet. That along with his evidently quick footballing mind and his ability at shooting made for a deadly combo. With time he's always going to lose a bit of that explosiveness, it's been a very long layoff aswell... 

5 hours ago, oldbeforetime said:

Ahh good ol Queens fans, always so positive 😴

This is great news for Dumfries and Annan

https://www.itv.com/news/border/2020-08-13/annan-company-secures-ppe-contract-with-scottish-govt-creating-250-jobs

Queens Trust draw!

There is still time to join the Queens Trust and be in with a chance of being one of the lucky winners of the 4 QOS season tickets we offer in our members draw. Pictured below are some of our previous winners. The draw will be made on 31st August 2020. 

The membership response this year has been fantastic reaching 250 to allow us a 4th entry in the Queens shirt draw. We are currently now over 260 members. It would be fantastic if we could reach 300 members to help us do even more to help the club at this very difficult time for football. 

Trust membership is only £10/£5 for the year! Please help us by joining the Trust today. Persuade a friend or sign up a family member. Support the Trust, help the club AND you also have a chance to win Queens season tickets.

£10 Adult membership... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253819075856

£5 juniors/seniors/all concessions membership... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252996969388

Other details of how to join... http://queenstrust.org/?page_id=36

67EA10D1-312F-4651-A619-2AB9D762D66F.jpeg

3 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Absolutely amazing news for DG!! they are also looking for planning permission for a site in the Heathhall which will create jobs along with there site in Lochside Ind 

4 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Ahh good ol Queens fans, always so positive 😴

Sorry old Pal, just been a long few months.... On more of a positive not there are trials next week to start allowing some fans to events in England, hopefully something the Scottish Government can also trial.

On another note do we know if the SLO's have had any zoom micro-soft teams meeting with the directors at all?? just wondering if there was anything us fans could help with when we do get the green light to enter back into Palmerston   

Edited by oldbeforetime

Sorry old Pal, just been a long few months.... On more of a positive not there are trials next week to start allowing some fans to events in England, hopefully something the Scottish Government can also trial.
On another note do we know if the SLT's have had any zoom micro-soft teams meeting with the directors at all?? just wondering if there was anything us fans could help with when we do get the green light to enter back into Palmerston   
The Scottish government/SPFL have just told clubs to postpone training. Fans back in the ground seems further away than ever :(

8 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

Absolutely amazing news for DG!! they are also looking for planning permission for a site in the Heathhall which will create jobs along with there site in Lochside Ind 

Ex QoS player as manager of Dumfries factory as well. Maybe sneak a bit of sponsorship of them.  😉

7 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Ex QoS player as manager of Dumfries factory as well. Maybe sneak a bit of sponsorship of them.  😉

Would think a certain Mr Philip Jones will be having a quite word as the company was started and still has offices in Annan!! But still amazing for the region and lets hope more can grow as well 

52 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Who's that? 

Proudie, manager of the newly opened factory in Lochside Ind Est. 

1 hour ago, oldbeforetime said:

Would think a certain Mr Philip Jones will be having a quite word as the company was started and still has offices in Annan!! But still amazing for the region and lets hope more can grow as well 

I never said he didn't, just that he appointed Kevin to run the factory in Dumfries. 

As you said it's great news for the region as PPE is going to be in our lives for a long time now or maybe forever. 

Was just looking at the league table., Not that I am underwhelmed or worried about signings of course. But I would take this. 

HOME AWAY  
POS.   P W D L GF GA W D L GF GA GD PTS
1 Alloa Athletic 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 Arbroath 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 Ayr United 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
4 Dundee 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5 Dunfermline Athletic 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
6 Heart of Midlothian 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
7 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
8 Morton 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9 Queen of the South 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
10 Raith Rovers 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

11 minutes ago, nomad said:

Was just looking at the league table., Not that I am underwhelmed or worried about signings of course. But I would take this. 

HOME AWAY  
POS.   P W D L GF GA W D L GF GA GD PTS
1 Alloa Athletic 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 Arbroath 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 Ayr United 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
4 Dundee 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5 Dunfermline Athletic 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
6 Heart of Midlothian 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
7 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
8 Morton 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9 Queen of the South 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
10 Raith Rovers 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

what you would take queens finishing second bottom of  the championship ???.  if this is acceptable for most queens fans  i hope we dont expect to attract floating fans then .

Comment accepted. The idea that Queens would finish second bottom!! We have a second choice goalkeeper, left back and striker signed, why would i even consider this after the roaring success of the last two year. Trends!