The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:
Gregor Buchanan signs for us supposedly 

Was he the one that was decent for Morton and supposedly shite for Falkirk?

6ft 3 centre half with plenty of experience. Don’t know much about him but looks like a decent recruit. 

10 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

6ft 3 centre half with plenty of experience. Don’t know much about him but looks like a decent recruit. 

Hopefully Semple is offered a deal to come back & joins Buchanan as the other CB.. 🤞

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
21 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

He was utterly dreadful for us, considerably poorer than Kilday and Falkirk did us a massive favour taking him off our hands when we were compelled to offer him an extension due to the number of games he'd played.

Poor as he was for us, admittedly he's not as bad as the two centre backs we have signed currently.

I can vaguely recall getting really wound up by Buchanan during a game against Morton at Palmerston.  I can't really remember the details, but I'm pretty sure it was along the lines that he was being very physical with our attackers, climbing all over them and swinging his arms about at set pieces etc. then up the other end when we were defending set pieces he was going down like a sack of tatties trying to win a penalty.

For that reason alone I'm quite happy with the signing.  We're long overdue signing a bit of a b*****d.  We've had too many pea-hearted push overs in recent times.

Edited by palmy_cammy

Hopefully Semple is offered a deal to come back & joins Buchanan as the other CB.. [emoji1696]
I would be happy enough to see Semple return. I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if he does though. I know his fitness was awful last season but I felt AJ left him out more than he had to. Unless of course AJ made it clear what he expected from Semple so the latter knows it was his fault he wasn't picked.

He was utterly dreadful for us, considerably poorer than Kilday and Falkirk did us a massive favour taking him off our hands when we were compelled to offer him an extension due to the number of games he'd played.
Poor as he was for us, admittedly he's not as bad as the two centre backs we have signed currently.
He always looked decent against us for Dumbarton
Feck. It was maybe his time at Dumbarton I was thinking of rather than Buchanan then.

56 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
59 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Don't think he's been considered decent for a while. 

48 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'd rather have McLean even with his chocolate knees and the turning circle of an oil tanker than Buchanan, who does literally nothing well on a regular enough basis for this level. His stupid, prancing Lord Farquaad look didn't help matters either. 

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

If you think he's shit, that's good enough for me.

Welcome Gregor!

^^^ Falkirk logic, August 2019

Which of course worked out so well for everyone involved.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'd rather have McLean even with his chocolate knees and the turning circle of an oil tanker than Buchanan, who does literally nothing well on a regular enough basis for this level. His stupid, prancing Lord Farquaad look didn't help matters either. 

200.gif

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Good to see yous are also retaining all your shite from last season 

14 minutes ago, Mr X said:

If you think he's shit, that's good enough for me.

Welcome Gregor!

If that helps you get over this woeful signing then I'm glad I can help. 

McKee, while having done poorly with Falkirk has at least went down a level, kicked on and seemingly done well. 

Buchanan stunk the place out for Morton, went down a level to the club he supports, stunk it out there to the extent he got dropped, and then released, and in return you've signed him to move up a tier, good luck. 

Buchanan is absolutely hopeless. Looked a bombscare playing in an expensively assembled Falkirk squad playing against part timers last season. I expected him to pitch up at one of those Queens Park, Kelty, Darvel sorts, not jumping up a division. He has two major errors in him a game and seems to think he's some sort of ball playing libero.

See you on the beach in August 2021 lads!

Edited by Marshmallo