The Queen of the South thread

38 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Will the Queens chairman now give the manager a budget suitable to pay reasonable wages for the championship players for the new season following the windfall of Lyndon Dykes move ?

Would we trust AJ with said cash 😂

Will the Queens chairman now give the manager a budget suitable to pay reasonable wages for the championship players for the new season following the windfall of Lyndon Dykes move ?

Would we trust AJ with said cash [emoji23]
Indeed. He had one of the biggest budgets with Dunfermline and made a complete arse of it. I wouldn't be confident with him having all that money to piss against the wall.

58 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

I'm pretty sure most large transfers are paid up in instalments, sometimes with payments spread over up to 2 years.  If that happens here then Queens will presumably get cash in instalments in line with the payments Livi receive.  A windfall would be excellent news, but it may be that the benefit is spread out over time.    

Really hope it’s used cleverly. Invest in players who might do the same for us, and bring in more much needed revenue, and become more routine and I guess a sort of business model, a bit like what Motherwell have done in recent seasons, obviously to a lesser extent. As folk have said no entirely confident in Johnston getting the funds and using them in such a way. We can only wait and see.

If, for arguments sake, the sell on is 10% then isn’t the £200k we would receive similar to the losses we posted in the last financial year? Presumably there is a strong possibility of losses in this years finances as well with the COVID situation, not to mention our piss poor league position and cup form last season.

Obviously it’s good news, and the board deserve great credit for making the deal in the first place, but I think we are dreaming if we are expecting a spending spree off the back of it. This may not be a bad thing bearing in mind who's in charge of signing players at the moment.

Ignoring the financial aspect, I’m absolutely delighted for Dykes himself. It’s a rarity to see former players moving in any sort of upward trajectory, never mind such a big jump in level in such a short space of time. It’s always interesting to see what happens when a young Scottish player (yes I know he’s Australian) moves down south, so it will be even more so with him being “one of our own”.

There’s no reason why he can’t make a success of it. He’s certainly not short of confidence, and he appears to have a real drive and ambition to keep improving. His attitude with us was always spot on, so you can’t say he doesn’t deserve it.

If, for arguments sake, the sell on is 10% then isn’t the £200k we would receive similar to the losses we posted in the last financial year? Presumably there is a strong possibility of losses in this years finances as well with the COVID situation, not to mention our piss poor league position and cup form last season.
Obviously it’s good news, and the board deserve great credit for making the deal in the first place, but I think we are dreaming if we are expecting a spending spree off the back of it. This may not be a bad thing bearing in mind who's in charge of signing players at the moment.
Ignoring the financial aspect, I’m absolutely delighted for Dykes himself. It’s a rarity to see former players moving in any sort of upward trajectory, never mind such a big jump in level in such a short space of time. It’s always interesting to see what happens when a young Scottish player (yes I know he’s Australian) moves down south, so it will be even more so with him being “one of our own”.
There’s no reason why he can’t make a success of it. He’s certainly not short of confidence, and he appears to have a real drive and ambition to keep improving. His attitude with us was always spot on, so you can’t say he doesn’t deserve it.

You could be correct but the chairman himself said it would help to bring in 2/3 new players

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's 20. I thought he showed signs that he's got a chance in the game but he's clearly not ready to be starting regularly in the top league yet. They'll have to go and get someone else presumably but it won't be easy to replace Lyndon's combination of pace and power. Salim will give them a goal threat but not the physical threat to be the focus of attack. Hamilton would benefit from having another season at this level and playing fairly regularly. For me he the best option last season to partner Dobbie but he's raw.

I’d love to see Hamilton back this season to partner Dobbie. I think he showed a lot of potential and has a lot of similar attributes to Dykes.

His workrate and fitness weren’t as good as Lyndon’s which is possibly why Johnston didn’t trust him to start games, but I think both would come with a run of games.

Edited by palmy_cammy

With manager AJ reportedly back working today this could be a big week off the pitch, Hopefully we will see more players signed up for next season. The Chairman said the sale of Lyndon Dykes from Livi to QPR will help the manager financially. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

With manager AJ reportedly back working today this could be a big week off the pitch, Hopefully we will see more players signed up for next season. The Chairman said the sale of Lyndon Dykes from Livi to QPR will help the manager financially. 

According to the Daily Record AJ has worked fast securing the signing of Joe Mckee & the re-signing of Dan Pybus for next season. 

Its a bit annoying these days that when you search "queen of the south" the first thing that comes up is some US tv show. Anyone ever watched this? Pish? Decent?

More importantly is AJ definitely back to work today?

Its a bit annoying these days that when you search "queen of the south" the first thing that comes up is some US tv show. Anyone ever watched this? Pish? Decent?
More importantly is AJ definitely back to work today?
One of the best shows on Netflix tbf. Far more entertaining to watch than the football team, that's for sure [emoji38]

We have most definitely got players signed, Tommy Goss and Dan Pybus both signed.

[emoji41]
While I’ve no reason to doubt your knowledge re this has it been confirmed anywhere that these signings have been made?

Edit to add I’ve seen the Daily Record claim re Pybus and McKee signing but nothing about Goss.