The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

~£270 for a year, just now. Its €300 so depending on the exchange.

ModernFitba do top flight stats, for passing and attacking for like £2.50 a month. Fbref do similar stuff for free, as do WhoScored now, but don't have as much detail as ModernFitba.

For lower league stats I couldnt find anywhere that done them to the degree of Wyscout. Money is worth it for me, as I just think of its monthly payments and I have a use for it thatll last a full year.

Some of their stats are a bit sketchy to me. You get clips to go with most "actions" so its worth watching them to figure out your own numbers based on that.

Fair enough, if you're passionate about it and you enjoy doing it, certainly seems like you've got some interesting stats out of it. 

Aidan Fitzpatrick would be a very good signing for Queens. Was very impressed with him when he played against us with Partick at Palmerston.

Very busy player with a great engine who gets from box to box. Would be a great addition to any Championship squad [emoji106]

8 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Who is Connie Shields?

Could it be Connor Shields? Who was at Sunderland then Aldershot was in  newspaper few weeks ago that he was open to a move back to Scotland, hopefully we get him another good signing along with Aiden Fitzpatrick, Joe Mckee & Pybus squad slowly starting to take shape... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

875FB81B-9274-4D7B-8837-7C70EF60969E.png

The named players will all be good assets to Queens, Would hope if AJ is wanting to bring Devine back on loan he also brings back Semple a left footed CB who had 3 or 4 goalshouter Queens mom performances  & kept Devine out the team last season once he was back fit during the early second half of the season before it was cancelled, them 2 along with Buchanan would be the 3 centre backs. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Could it be Connor Shields? Who was at Sunderland then Aldershot was in  newspaper few weeks ago that he was open to a move back to Scotland, hopefully we get him another good signing along with Aiden Fitzpatrick, Joe Mckee & Pybus squad slowly starting to take shape... 

Connor Shields scored the third goal against Queens in the 3-3 draw in October 2018. Think it was a back post header if my memory serves me correct? Actually put Alloa 3-0 up after 25mins and I was ready for home! Fortunately for us a Sir Stephen hat trick rescued a point against our bogey team!

Connor looked quite decent that day as did Jake Hastie who was on loan to Alloa from Motherwell.

875FB81B-9274-4D7B-8837-7C70EF60969E.thumb.png.30646af1c51c2ca4b16fa4800a2cd581.png
Can't recall any of them tbh but it's very rare I take notice of opposition players unless they are outstanding or rotten.

No mention of Semple but two other CBs apparently offered deals doesn't, on the surface, look good for him getting a deal but we'll see. Devine never stood out for us but I can't recall him getting much game time. I'm happy enough for young loanees to come in. It means it's even more important AJ brings in the right experienced players now.

The named players will all be good assets to Queens, Would hope if AJ is wanting to bring Devine back on loan he also brings back Semple a left footed CB who had 3 or 4 goalshouter Queens mom performances  & kept Devine out the team last season once he was back fit during the early second half of the season before it was cancelled, them 2 along with Buchanan would be the 3 centre backs. 

What’s your obsession with Semple ?

20 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

What’s your obsession with Semple ?

No obsession....  With all the talk of having a young squad, I thought the signing of both Semple (21) & Pybus (22) would be good assets for the club. In my opinion they were the best young players at Queens last season. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Shields looked very good for Alloa against us. His crossing ability was just fantastic and Fitzpatrick looked a top young player at Partick so hopefully his spell at Norwich will have helped him kick on. Buchanan has always looked good in the air and we need some physical presence. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we were to move for Andy Geggan after he left Ayr

8 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Shields looked very good for Alloa against us. His crossing ability was just fantastic and Fitzpatrick looked a top young player at Partick so hopefully his spell at Norwich will have helped him kick on. Buchanan has always looked good in the air and we need some physical presence. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we were to move for Andy Geggan after he left Ayr

Did AJ have him at Dunfermline? 

20 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The only reason that Buchanan wasn't the worst defender for Falkirk last season was Mark Durnan.  

Buchanan was far worse than Durnan. A complete shitebag of a centreback whose distribution is shocking.  Durnan was a different player altogether once buchanan was ditched.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Did AJ have him at Dunfermline? 

Yeah but I’m not sure if there were issues between the two of them. I know Moffat wasn’t his biggest fan and tried to leave them to come back to us the summer before he actually did but something tells me Geggan didn’t like him either.

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
Buchanan was far worse than Durnan. A complete shitebag of a centreback whose distribution is shocking.  Durnan was a different player altogether once buchanan was ditched.

A few folk have said this. I'm quite surprised: both looked pretty awful tbf.

Durnan was shaky up to the time buchanan got dropped. After that he was really solid  and our best defender.  Our defensive record was the best in the league by a country mile even with buchanan stinking the place out.

Edited by Shadwell Dog