The Queen of the South thread

Sorry if this has been asked before, how many individual shareholders are there? I think this is a great idea by the way.

Why the heck would a company want non business people on board? You would have to make sure with great clarity that any person allocated does indeed have a good business acumen. The idea in principle is a good one but any representative is going to be nothing more than a sweetie wife or local gossip on behalf of the fans and shareholders alike. They are never going to be able to have real input or a positive attitude to change things, you might as well just put a secret microphone in the boardroom.

I hope we offer Hopkirk a deal but at present I can't see him getting regular starts for us. If it's not broken.... So a longer stay at Galabank could be the likely outcome.

Be nice to get him to stay at least for the rangers game on jan 2nd. I think he will run wild that day :rolleyes:

The next four league games will show us exactly where we are going . Three tough away games at Arbroath, Forfar and Alloa with two of them on an artificial surface . I dont know if we practise on plastic but playing a competitive game on this will be a bit of a step into the unknown for us . The other game is a home one against Ayr and I expect the Honest men to be putting a run together sooner rather than later .

Suspect the game at Forfar won`t take place as planned next Saturday. With Forfar managing to throw away a 3 goal lead today they`ll likely be at Nairn for a cup replay.

Suspect the game at Forfar won`t take place as planned next Saturday. With Forfar managing to throw away a 3 goal lead today they`ll likely be at Nairn for a cup replay.

Don't fancy that as a rearranged mid week game. :(

I fancy giving Hopkirk a shot, as he is been on form form for Annan and could easily replace Lyle who has been pretty indifferent compared to Reilly and Clark especially today.

I think Lyle has done well when he has got a game, scored a few goals also and also creates chances. Only the scoring form of Nicky and Gavin is keeping him down the pecking order.

Where is his best postion?

Attacking midfield I think.

I am glad we have him back and hope we sign him up, but I really can't see where he would feature. I wouldn't drop Young for him, and I would keep Carmichael and Gibson out wide. So the only other option would be replacing him for Burns? I don't want to suggest such a thing and be called a blasphemer though tongue.gif. It would be harsh to move McKenna down the pecking order as well. If I was AJ I would sign him up until the ends of next year and just loan him back to Annan for the rest of the season. I'm sure all parties would benefit from that.

Attacking midfield I think.

I am glad we have him back and hope we sign him up, but I really can't see where he would feature. I wouldn't drop Young for him, and I would keep Carmichael and Gibson out wide. So the only other option would be replacing him for Burns? I don't want to suggest such a thing and be called a blasphemer though tongue.gif. It would be harsh to move McKenna down the pecking order as well. If I was AJ I would sign him up until the ends of next year and just loan him back to Annan for the rest of the season. I'm sure all parties would benefit from that.

Wasn`t there yesterday but I`ve been a bit disappointed by Burnsy since he returned to the club. Looks low on confidence.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Aside from his debut at Ayr and the Dundee United game (his introduction changed the game) he's been pish.

We need to play him on the right to get the best out of him I think. That would mean shifting Carmichael to the left wing. An option, but I don't think it's our best option.

Wasn`t there yesterday but I`ve been a bit disappointed by Burnsy since he returned to the club. Looks low on confidence.

Aside from his debut at Ayr and the Dundee United game (his introduction changed the game) he's been pish.

We need to play him on the right to get the best out of him I think. That would mean shifting Carmichael to the left wing. An option, but I don't think it's our best option.

Do you not think that his season away might have blurred your memory's of him?

We need to play him on the right to get the best out of him I think.

I said somethig similar shortly after he returned and was shot down. As I've said previously, god help you if you have a slightly negative opinion of certain players.