The Queen of the South thread

Someone invite him onto here so he can read the comments. Maybe then he'll f*ck off. 

If his replies on Twitter are anything to go by, that wouldn’t make a difference.

He’s replying with the sheer arrogance and self-entitlement that you’d expect from a w**k with a blue tick.

Whether he’s financially involved with the club or not is irrelevant, both he and the club are showing a real disregard for how important it is for punters to have missed out on the football in the last 9 months.

Scouts are ultimately doing their job, just as much as the players are. Given how important big transfers are to the financial plans of most clubs in this country, the last thing anyone wants to do is put barriers in their way. 

I understand that they could potentially do the same thing watching the video, but if I was about to recommend a player that's going to cost my club a few hundred thousand pounds, I'd want to watch him for a the full 90 minutes on a couple of occasions, rather than sitting in the hoose hoping the fucking mad AI camera pans across him every fifteen minutes. 

People seem to have a really weird chip on their shoulder when it comes to scouts, which I've never understood. 

You could probably make a better case for locking agents out, although I imagine they'd argue that they've got a vested interest in keeping a close eye on their clients, and they'll be on the lookout for new ones too. 

The club’s will all have access to camera footage of the games in our league. No need for scouts and agents to be there in all honesty. In the height of a pandemic there’s no need for this ‘part of the game’ to be in attendance.  
Camera footage is no good as it'll follow the ball. I expect scouts are just as interested in what a player does off the ball as they are on the ball. If there is a static camera that covers the whole pitch then it could be done from home. I'm just skeptical every club will have such a thing and therefore I see no issue with scouts attending.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 minutes ago, Yenitit said:
The club’s will all have access to camera footage of the games in our league. No need for scouts and agents to be there in all honesty. In the height of a pandemic there’s no need for this ‘part of the game’ to be in attendance.  

Camera footage is no good as it'll follow the ball. I expect scouts are just as interested in what a player does off the ball as they are on the ball. If there is a static camera that covers the whole pitch then it could be done from home. I'm just skeptical every club will have such a thing and therefore I see no issue with scouts attending.

Which there is at every Championship ground

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:
And yet you can get Raith for half time/full time at decent odds still today. 7/4 on Sky Bet. Not sure about other sites.
Maybe it's because I'm not that political and I couldn't attend games even if they were open, but I don't see the big deal about George Galloway being let in tbh. I mean, I think he's an insignificant bam, but why does  it matter? Poorly judged from the board perhaps because there was always likely to be criticism, but does it really make a difference? Think that twitter account is taking it a bit far claiming to be a journo then saying "you're a disgrace". Oh well - it's never dull.

He is a journalist tbf.

George Alagiah and Will Gompertz going along next week?

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Sterling work Flash.

My recollection of the Gus season is that we were seldom hammered, but obviously rarely won.  An exception was a home game against Falkirk which I think we contrived to lose 5-1.  I don't think that was typical though.

I also remember a February week (the one when Rangers entered administration incidentally) in which we lost last minute equalisers in league games with Ayr and Dundee, either side of losing a late winner against Aberdeen in the Cup.  I'm not sure if losing late goals was generally a feature, but I remember those being costly at the time, particularly the Ayr one.

Go on - provide some more comparative stats during these troubled times.

Looking only at late goals in 2011/12 that cost points, in the first 9 games we conceded 6 goals in the last 10 mins of games (2 in one game) that cost 6 points in total. In the remainder of the league season we conceded 5 in the last 10 mins that cost 7 points (again 2 goals in 1 game). 

So far, we haven’t conceded any goals in the last 10 mins that have cost points. Raith scored in 85 mins when it was 4-2; ICT in 80 when they were 2-0 up and Hearts in 81 and 90 when they were already 4-1up.

The first heavy defeat in the league under Gus was 5-1 v Falkirk in the 18th game in December. The next one didn’t come until we lost 5-0 at home to Thistle in March. Then 4-0 at home to Livi in April when we were already almost down. There were a couple of 3-0s and 3-1s along the way.

Edited by Flash

30 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I believe its part of the safety license/rules that you need a PA announcer.

I assume its because there are still people in the ground who might need to be given safety instructions in the event of an emergency.

I can see the sense from a safety point of view,  but reading out teams,  announcing subs, and playing tunes? Ours is not even very audible on the stream and the commentator reads out teams and subs anyway. 

32 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I can see the sense from a safety point of view,  but reading out teams,  announcing subs, and playing tunes? Ours is not even very audible on the stream and the commentator reads out teams and subs anyway. 

I dont know about that side. Its not just ours, though, you hear it on all the tv and streamed games. Maybe they've been told just to operate the same as they would for any game?

45 minutes ago, Flash said:

Looking only at late goals in 2011/12 that cost points, in the first 9 games we conceded 6 goals in the last 10 mins of games (2 in one game) that cost 6 points in total. In the remainder of the league season we conceded 5 in the last 10 mins that cost 7 points (again 2 goals in 1 game). 

So far, we haven’t conceded any goals in the last 10 mins that have cost points. Raith scored in 85 mins when it was 4-2; ICT in 80 when they were 2-0 up and Hearts in 81 and 90 when they were already 4-1up.

The first heavy defeat in the league under Gus was 5-1 v Falkirk in the 18th game in December. The next one didn’t come until we lost 5-0 at home to Thistle in March. Then 4-0 at home to Livi in April when we were already almost down. There were a couple of 3-0s and 3-1s along the way.

Magnificent.

More heavy defeats than I recalled then, but most coming in the second half of the season.

The late decisive goals thing definitely points to a particular failing in that side, but it also suggests the team wasn't hopelessly out of its depth in the way that the current one appears.  Back then, in lots of matches, even the ones we blew, there was at least reason to feel engaged throughout.  

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I dont know about that side. Its not just ours, though, you hear it on all the tv and streamed games. Maybe they've been told just to operate the same as they would for any game?

Yes,  I wasn't meaning specifically our man, it's at all grounds. 

I can just about see media figures, club employees and volunteers with a specific purpose, even scouts, as justifiable as regards professional capacity.

Guests of the club, however, strike me as odd in terms of being allowed entry to the ground.  Are there numerical limits to such things?

I find the bigger picture surprising enough, even before we consider the individual case highlighted from yesterday.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

His boast of a mighty FIVE season tickets really is the most patronising guff imaginable,.

It sure is, but I think he beats it with the claim that he's "spreading the word of the club to millions of people".  

It's absolutely staggering.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It sure is, but I think he beats it with the claim that he's "spreading the word of the club to millions of people".  

I’d rather he kept us secret tbh.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

His location in his Twitter profile will have you really happy, given that he's apparently moved to Dumfriesshire.

Screenshot_20201227-170606.thumb.jpg.e699f8f660cbacc49e4052f936ad7c1f.jpg