The Queen of the South thread

48 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

There’s a supporters group with money in the bank that’s available to AJ & Queens that would make a difference IF they asked for it.
It wouldn’t cost the manager a single penny and would help with any wage negotiations.

A real win win situation for the manager and the club.

They already tried to use it to sign a player. I’m sure it was Broadfoot. 

19 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Reading between the lines I think you’re correct. Must be plenty sitting waiting to be used then Frank.

Don’t know how much is sitting waiting but they didn’t want to or couldn’t pay broadfoot what he was asking for. But the fund is there and even though I’m glad we didn’t sign Broadfoot, at least the club tried to use the fund. 

Don’t know how much is sitting waiting but they didn’t want to or couldn’t pay broadfoot what he was asking for. But the fund is there and even though I’m glad we didn’t sign Broadfoot, at least the club tried to use the fund. 

Good they’re working together let’s hope it continues. Apparently we’ve already lost out to players signing or re-signing over amounts the fund could of helped out with without eating too much into AJ’s transfer fund.

7 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Maybe a blessing in disguise that we didn’t manage to sign Broadfoot.

He’s getting pelters on the ICT thread for his performances since he arrived and he’s also been made captain. 

Surprised he's been appointed captain 

Maybe a blessing in disguise that we didn’t manage to sign Broadfoot.
He’s getting pelters on the ICT thread for his performances since he arrived and he’s also been made captain. 
Of course it was a blessing. He's absolutely rotten. This may be one of the few times I'm really happy we offer "low wages".

And some folk in here were actually complaining we missed out on him [emoji38]

On subject of rotten, I see McCabe scored a cracking freekick for Aidrie vs. Motherwell. Which is more than he did for us in a season.

Of course it was a blessing. He's absolutely rotten. This may be one of the few times I'm really happy we offer "low wages".

And some folk in here were actually complaining we missed out on him [emoji38]

Mcabe scored 4times for Queens was ther a free kick amongst them... Disapointed we couldn't keep a hold of him considering we ain't replaced any of the midfielders.... Mcabe, Mckee Pybus or even Obileye...... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

He scored four goals if you add four made up goals to his tally for the year.

Think what you saw was four assists.

Mcabe scored 4times for Queens site ther was a free kick amongst them... Disapointed we couldn't keep a hold of him considering we ain't replaced any of the midfielders.... Mcabe, Mckee Pybus or even Obileye...... 

14 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

He scored four goals if you add four made up goals to his tally for the year.

Think what you saw was four assists.

Fair enough Gibson, Mckee & Dobbs kept him off the free kicks...he played well second half of season in particular helping the younger lads through the games. Even so think mistake not to resign him & losing the TREE CM and not replacing them yet is really poor... Hope AJ has some good players lined up 10days til league kicks off times running out for his 6/7 players he wanted.. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

I dont disagree with the thrust of your point about not replacing players in a timely fashion.

However, that McCabe ended up at Airdrie and McKee ended up back at Dumbarton says a lot about their quality.

Fair enough Gibson, Mckee & Dobbs kept him off the free kicks... Even so think losing 3 CM and not replacing them yet is really poor... Hope AJ has some good players lined up 10days til league kicks off times running out for his 6/7 players he wanted.. [emoji2369]

26 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

McCabe didn't want to play for Johnstone.

Seems to be quite a few players like that around the country...That doesn't help 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH