The Queen of the South thread

20 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Can anyone tell me how it works for the game on Saturday please? Do I get an email that I then show at the ground? Or do I just give my name? 
First time back in Dumfries in a while and first game in ages so not sure how it’s been working. 

The last game at Palmerston v Queens Park I got a ticket by e-mail which can either be printed off or put on your phone. The ticket shows where you will be sitting/standing and time to report and turnstile to use.   There was also an e-mail outlining the policy regarding complying with Covid regulations within and around the ground. I take it the same system will be used this time.  It will probably be late Thursday or on Friday before the tickets are e-mailed out. With Covid restrictions easing there may be different protocols within the ground.  As I say that's what happened last time,  I can't say for sure if it's the same this time. 

Can anyone tell me how it works for the game on Saturday please? Do I get an email that I then show at the ground? Or do I just give my name? 
First time back in Dumfries in a while and first game in ages so not sure how it’s been working. 

Just take your boots and shinnies you’ll be in squad

18 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The last game at Palmerston v Queens Park I got a ticket by e-mail which can either be printed off or put on your phone. The ticket shows where you will be sitting/standing and time to report and turnstile to use.   There was also an e-mail outlining the policy regarding complying with Covid regulations within and around the ground. I take it the same system will be used this time.  It will probably be late Thursday or on Friday before the tickets are e-mailed out. With Covid restrictions easing there may be different protocols within the ground.  As I say that's what happened last time,  I can't say for sure if it's the same this time. 

Cheers for that. Will keep an eye on my emails. I’m hoping it’s pretty simple as I’m not the best when it’s comes to things like this. Thanks again 👍

Not looking like we are making any signings before Saturday.

All going to be at the last minute yet  we wonder why we always have a bad start to the League season. 

You need to have a settled defence East and Dunn have done well but you can't get away with a make shift defence against the better teams as shown against Motherwell .

Hopefully AJ will update us in the press tomorrow on how close he is to new signing hopefully the quality he is waiting for is worth it .

Edited by Northfield

3 hours ago, Northfield said:

Not looking like we are making any signings before Saturday.

All going to be at the last minute yet  we wonder why we always have a bad start to the League season. 

You need to have a settled defence East and Dunn have done well but you can't get away with a make shift defence against the better teams as shown against Motherwell .

Hopefully AJ will update us in the press tomorrow on how close he is to new signing hopefully the quality he us waiting for is worth it .

We have loads of trialists in just now. Lots of teams being contacted for loan players but they want % of wages. Which other clubs are offering higher. 

Heard today we are close to a tie up with Middlesbrough for 2-4 loan players but they are a week or so behind us with being ready to loan players to us .

on a another note was told Kevin holt turned down a 3 year deal to sign .

really hopeful for new season a lot of promise from games I have watched so far like the type of football we are trying to play 

1 minute ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

If it is anything like last time, they should arrive by email this afternoon/early evening.

Yep,  thought it was a bit later than this last time,  just thought with (I'm assuming)  more numbers allowed to attend that it would take more time and maybe be done a bit sooner. 

5 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Rhys Breen - talk to me.

A cracking player for his age.  Liable to the odd slip but generally very steady.  Good with the ball at his feet so can play out of defence without launching it every time but can put it in row Z if needed.  Gregor Buchanan actually improved with Breen beside him,  so a bit of a miracle worker as well.  Would have liked him back at Queens but not to be obviously.