The Queen of the South thread

Anyone know how you sign up to watch the Motherwell game online? I used the link provided by Queens website and registered but when I came to sign up for the game it only gives a yearly (£70) and monthly (£6.99) subscription option. Queens website says the game is £10. Also means I have to remember to cancel subscription after the game. Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, jakeyman said:

Anyone know how you sign up to watch the Motherwell game online? I used the link provided by Queens website and registered but when I came to sign up for the game it only gives a yearly (£70) and monthly (£6.99) subscription option. Queens website says the game is £10. Also means I have to remember to cancel subscription after the game. Thanks in advance.

I think the link on the site is wrong. Try this one

Link

14 minutes ago, jakeyman said:

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think the link on the site is wrong. Try this one

Link

The website has the right link now

https://ppv.motherwellfc.co.uk/login

5 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Never in it the second half and our lack of game changers on the bench will be our problem until we sign more players.

Nditi looks the part by the way….

1st half was good but as you say they never turned up 2nd half.  

There is definitely foundations there to build a decent side this season.

Good first half from a young team, Definitely more recruits needed to compete in Championship when it starts in 2 weeks... Usual set piece goals lost (nobody on the posts at corners) to be fair Motherwell were always going to be difficult to defend against with there height and power. 

Summary

All in a promising first half performance despite losing today from a very young team that tired in the second half.

Time now for AJ to bolster squad for Airdrie game next Sat before  league starting following week away to Thistle. 

Good first half from a young team, Definitely more recruits needed to compete in Championship when it starts in 2 weeks... Usual set piece goals lost (nobody on the posts at corners) to be fair Motherwell were always going to be difficult to defend against with there height and power. 
Summary
All in a promising first half performance despite losing today from a very young team that tired in the second half.
Time now for AJ to bolster squad for Airdrie game next Sat before  league starting following week away to Thistle. 

Young team that has played a lot of minutes for this stage of preseason. Hard going at moment but hopefully benefits them long term in league. Nditi did look the part, East shouldn’t play anywhere else and largely I thought young Dunn done well also. There goals coming from set pieces tell a story. We have to have someone on the posts, pretty sure we had a few similar last year. Thought Todd was class in the middle of midfield taking pressure off. Connelly did well again, Joseph done a job. Ruben again caused problems but needs to protect the ball better, thought Roy done reasonably well. Just can’t lose a goal that quickly into the second half, knocks stuffing out of us and puts their tails up.

A lot of positives to take away from that today. We look dangerous almost every time we go forward and break with pace. If we can start to take our chances we could cause a fair bit of bother to teams.

Another CM would be nice, just someone comfortable on the ball who can pick a pass. Hopefully the loan market helps us. Obviously defence is still an area needing strengthened but even early days I hope the young lad features regularly for us. I've never been a fan of East and have been more impressed with him the last two games than his entire time previously with us. I reckon he should convert to CB full time.

Gibson and Connolly again looking dangerous going forward and Paton knows where the net is.

The negatives are of course the fact we lost a 2 goal lead (again) and a couple of easily preventable goals from crosses (again). Hopefully with a more settled squad and more bodies, that fades out.

Good early signs though.

Disappointing result after being 2-0 up at half-time, but first indications seems we are playing some terrific football. Few more additions and who knows this season.

Ruari Paton is such a breath of fresh air in his post-match interview.  As he says himself, it makes such a difference to the fans (well, me anyway!) when a player isn't afraid to show a bit of personality in an interview and doesn't respond to questions with a series of rehearsed robotic cliches.

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

So eh, Rhys Breen? 

Excellent centre back now on loan at Orange County in U.S.A.

Hopefully Rangers will loan us more players but difficult now that they have a B team .

James Maxwell playing now for the B team wasted playing in the Lowland League .

So eh, Rhys Breen? 

He was decent for us, started of very well but I thought he lost his way a wee bit towards end of his loan, just seemed to be caught out a few times. I’d have taking him back without a second thought though.

Excellent centre back now on loan at Orange County in U.S.A.
Hopefully Rangers will loan us more players but difficult now that they have a B team .
James Maxwell playing now for the B team wasted playing in the Lowland League .

We’re apparently interested in taking Maxwell on loan however there’s also rumours he could go on loan to a Norwegian team I think. Would expect him to move abroad as there’s very little point in him staying in a league he’s already done reasonably well in.

He was decent for us, started of very well but I thought he lost his way a wee bit towards end of his loan, just seemed to be caught out a few times. I’d have taking him back without a second thought though.
Pretty much my thoughts. Thought he was decent enough. Not gutted he isn't coming back but similarly I'd have been happy enough if he came back.

That Buchanan looked slightly less shit after he came in is probably the biggest compliment I can give Breen.

We’re apparently interested in taking Maxwell on loan however there’s also rumours he could go on loan to a Norwegian team I think. Would expect him to move abroad as there’s very little point in him staying in a league he’s already done reasonably well in.

Be disappointed to see Maxwell play again at this level for anyone bar us. By all accounts the noises I was hearing was that he looking to move up a level which I think he had in him, still improvements needed from him but in an attacking sense he’s excellent