The Queen of the South thread

Ruari Paton is such a breath of fresh air in his post-match interview.  As he says himself, it makes such a difference to the fans (well, me anyway!) when a player isn't afraid to show a bit of personality in an interview and doesn't respond to questions with a series of rehearsed robotic cliches.
Second this. Just watched it there and he's decent value. A lot of players have an annoying habit of being unable to keep their hands still in these interviews and are constantly at their face. They always give answers that sound rehearsed as well.

Paton came across as a guy who just loves to play football and says it how it is. I expect he may be told to reel it in if we are having a bad time during the season but I'm all for players saying exactly how they feel rather than robotic responses.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You are allowed loans.

Now that we are allowed loans surprised   about that   any idea how many. 

Have missed you Skyline great to have you back. 

On loans I hope AJ has some really good loans lined up if Maxwell and Breen are going to other Championship clubs 

Edited by Northfield

The loan market is going to be essential for us again this year. But there are so many clubs looking at the loan market to enhance there squad. I was hoping AJ would have had our loan players in to allow them to play a couple of games before the league starts. We normally get players from Rangers but they have Thomson at Kelty, Ferguson ta Alloa and their b team who will require players also. Maybe might pull another loan player from Middlesbrough again.

The loan market is going to be essential for us again this year. But there are so many clubs looking at the loan market to enhance there squad. I was hoping AJ would have had our loan players in to allow them to play a couple of games before the league starts. We normally get players from Rangers but they have Thomson at Kelty, Ferguson ta Alloa and their b team who will require players also. Maybe might pull another loan player from Middlesbrough again.

100% Ideally want them in for this weekend to give them a weeks training and a game.

It’s simple when you are on the outside looking in, get some loan players in or sign some players. It’s also frustrating when you are on the outside as none if this seems to be happening. But no one except the club and AJ  know the budget he has and rightly so. He may well have offered deals to numerous players which they have rejected and there comes a point when you have to decide if any increased offer is worth it. No point in offering more for the sake of it unless you believe the player will add value and keep within budget constraints. 

30 minutes ago, jakeyman said:

It’s simple when you are on the outside looking in, get some loan players in or sign some players. It’s also frustrating when you are on the outside as none if this seems to be happening. But no one except the club and AJ  know the budget he has and rightly so. He may well have offered deals to numerous players which they have rejected and there comes a point when you have to decide if any increased offer is worth it. No point in offering more for the sake of it unless you believe the player will add value and keep within budget constraints. 

It is well known our wages are really low. 

5 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Nothing. He's not going to play in Scotland this season.

Hearts are due a fee for Cochrane which no club will pay. 

Away from that I can't believe AJ turned down Maxwell we will not get a better left back .

We have to hope AJ has signings lined up for this week I don't think so but time will tell .

45 minutes ago, Northfield said:

Hearts are due a fee for Cochrane which no club will pay. 

Away from that I can't believe AJ turned down Maxwell we will not get a better left back .

We have to hope AJ has signings lined up for this week I don't think so but time will tell .

Who is your reliable source that Johnston turned down Maxwell?  If it had been the other way round I could maybe believe it. 

And still we wait new signings.. AJ said  he wanted around 6 more players well its not long till the league starts, Club pretend to use the league Cup games to bed in new players yet we still have half a team to arrive!! preferably before the league starts.... 

Same old Queens trying to save money...... 

ONE of these seasons its gonna cost the club money...... 

And still we wait new signings.. AJ said  he wanted around 6 more players well its not long till the league starts, Club pretend to use the league Cup games to bed in new players yet we still have half a team to arrive!! preferably before the league starts.... 
Same old Queens trying to save money...... 
ONE of these seasons its gonna cost the club money...... 

There’s a supporters group with money in the bank that’s available to AJ & Queens that would make a difference IF they asked for it.
It wouldn’t cost the manager a single penny and would help with any wage negotiations.

A real win win situation for the manager and the club.