The Queen of the South thread

I was in the gym earlier and was able to see AJ and Sandy Clark in the distance on one of the teles being interviewed by Sky Sports News. Anybody catch it, or know what it was all about?

Probably just Sandy using his media contacts to try and sell Nicky as he didn't manage it in the transfer window.

Probably just Sandy using his media contacts to try and sell Nicky as he didn't manage it in the transfer window.

Top Scouts know that he only reason he plays is because his dad is the coach :P

Edited by Sloop John B

He is slightly out of his depth compared to Stuart McCall, and isn't as media trained or comfortable as the others.

Saw a little bit but have taped it and will watch tonight, he seems to be happy playing under Holloway again and hopefully put his getting out the championship experience to good use.

On a tactical knowledge and experience front he can't really compete with McCall and Kamara (At one point Kris Kamara was one the up and coming managerial prospects of the time, so he isn't as big a mug as he appears) Dobbie seems to be excellent for Palace, certain coaches know how to get the best out of people and I would love to see Dobbie get a decent crack at the premier league in the next few years.

No he's not, he simply is not good enough to play any higher than the Championship or the SPL. In fact, as most people seem to think, he is better coming of the bench and is seen as a bit part player by most managers and that includes a certain Mr Chisholm.

No he's not, he simply is not good enough to play any higher than the Championship or the SPL. In fact, as most people seem to think, he is better coming of the bench and is seen as a bit part player by most managers and that includes a certain Mr Chisholm.

A lot of players in the scotland squad play championship/spl level, don't get that comment,some even Scot 3rd div!!

there has been a number of players that have won caps that couldnae lace Dobbs boots.

Whilst I agree that he's probably just lacking the athleticism required to hack it at the very top level, please don't ever cite the judgement of Chisholm as evidence.

The man was a clown. Dobbie was the best Queens player I've ever seen and was certainly our best bet against any of the opposition we ever faced, in our division, in Cup ties and even in Europe. That Chisholm sometimes thought otherwise - preferring, incredibly, Stewart Kean on occasion - says so much more about the managerial buffoon, than it does, the player.

Whilst I agree that he's probably just lacking the athleticism required to hack it at the very top level, please don't ever cite the judgement of Chisholm as evidence.

The man was a clown. Dobbie was the best Queens player I've ever seen and was certainly our best bet against any of the opposition we ever faced, in our division, in Cup ties and even in Europe. That Chisholm sometimes thought otherwise - preferring, incredibly, Stewart Kean on occasion - says so much more about the managerial buffoon, than it does, the player.

THIS...

Chisholm sat Dobbs on the bench in our european away game and instead started with Kean (now with Stenhousemuir). Tells you all we need to know about Chis. Best player to grace Palmerston in my era and doubt I will see such ability ever again in a queens jersey. Doubt he is good enough that he would be a first 11 Scotland international but definately good enough for a call up.

The SPL is probably around the same level as the Championship (Celtic excepted) some teams aybe lower. Dobbie adds something different and is he any worse than Leigh Griffiths, Chris Iwelumo or Don Cowie?

Celtic are the only team that could compete in the championship! Other than that, it's streaks ahead of the SPL!

Noticed Dan Orsi wasn't in Annan squad yesterday, anyone know why? Hope the boys not injured.

Loan period finished according to an Annan fan on 3rd division forum. Could have extended but went back to fight for place which is good to hear. With 3 regulars missing from Ramsdens final he`s pretty certain to be involved in that.

Noticed Dan Orsi wasn't in Annan squad yesterday, anyone know why? Hope the boys not injured.

Loan period finished according to an Annan fan on 3rd division forum. Could have extended but went back to fight for place which is good to hear. With 3 regulars missing from Ramsdens final he`s pretty certain to be involved in that.

Thought it must have been that, yes he started the semi final so sure he will be in final squad.

His loan doesn't finish until Wednesday. I've no idea why he wasn't in their squad on Saturday but it wasn't because the loan was finished. He went for 28 days on deadline day (31st January).

So, when you lot go up , Will the wee bar below the main stand still be as welcoming as it was the last time I was in?

Great wee place and I left my scarf there to put up on the wall :thumsup2 .

Oh, also got a free beer for that gesture :P

I preferred Andy Thomson to Stephen Dobbie, but that's just my opinion. I liked Ted McMinn over Jimmy Robertson and John Dempster over Jimmy Donald. I do agree with some posters that Stephen Dobbie is much better than some of the shyte that has represented Scotland in the past.