The Queen of the South thread

Needs to get back to full fitness, he was starting earlier on in the year playing well again, then he got injured again and the squad has been playing too well for him to get back in. Against Stenny he was making simple mistakes and got hooked off in the first half. That cruciate ligament injury against Stirling 3 years ago is probably one of the most saddened i've been about a player getting injured. He was amazing in those 2 games. I hope he can turn it around at Annan.

Was the game not against Ross County at Stirling? Or is my memory playing tricks with me?

He is a very limited player, I don't forsee him being good enough for the 1st Division next season. He is basically like a "diet-Carmichael".

Prior to his injury his main attribute was his willingness to run at defenders, often beating them simply by outrunning them, rather than through any particular skill. Understandably after a pretty horrific injury, and a major lack of game time since returning, he is no longer willing to do this. Hopefully a run of games at Annan will boost his confidence, I'm sure there is still a career to be made out of football for him, I just don't see it being at Queens.

We played Stirling on the Saturday and then played them again away from home midweek. He's a different player to Danny, he who could use his pace to get by people as if they weren't there while Danny is more skill and trickery. Orsi isn't as smart or technically gifted a player as Danny, but these days a lot of the time, top teams recruit a player who is just really fast and then teach them the technique later. Walcott, Chamberlain are Lennon are top flight examples of this. Orsi if he improves his on the ball play could be a great player if combined with his speed.

He is a very limited player, I don't forsee him being good enough for the 1st Division next season. He is basically like a "diet-Carmichael".

Prior to his injury his main attribute was his willingness to run at defenders, often beating them simply by outrunning them, rather than through any particular skill. Understandably after a pretty horrific injury, and a major lack of game time since returning, he is no longer willing to do this. Hopefully a run of games at Annan will boost his confidence, I'm sure there is still a career to be made out of football for him, I just don't see it being at Queens.

He's probably more of an athlete than a footballer, but he might yet have a chance if he can re-discover confidence.

Before his injury, he looked a little out of his depth in his first couple of appearnaces, before having a storming game at home against Stirling. He then scored away from home midweek and soon got hurt.

He's not yet offered a great deal this season, but he might be worth persevering with. He's a nice lad and I hope it works out for him.

I was looking through my photos earlier and came across this one from the Rangers league cup game a few years back. It just shows you what a terrible state our pitch is in just now. What's to blame? The drainage work done pre-season, or the fact 2012 was so wet? You would've thought the drainage work would help improve the surface, no?

424010_372895252726851_1723467587_n.jpg

I was looking through my photos earlier and came across this one from the Rangers league cup game a few years back. It just shows you what a terrible state our pitch is in just now. What's to blame? The drainage work done pre-season, or the fact 2012 was so wet? You would've thought the drainage work would help improve the surface, no?

424010_372895252726851_1723467587_n.jpg

Not exactly making a fair comparison there though are you? That photo was taken in September. The pitch looked fine this September too. It's now February and the covers and drainage have done their job well in getting several games played through the last couple of months that would otherwise have been postponed. There's been an inevitable effect on the actual playing surface though that isn't easy to fix at this time of year.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I think the drainage has worked well. But I don't think the pitch has ever been right since it was relaid.

An example was Holt sliding in to a tackle against Albion Rovers early in the season. The resulting divot was about three feet long.

I don't think the pitch has settled properly for whatever reason.

Rearranged dates for our away games at Brechin (26th February) and Stenhousemuir (16th April) are on the SFL website and ours.

Why send the Queens fans up to Angus towards the end of February? For what reason would the SFL put our lives at risk on what has been a very cold and wet winter? Surely there must be time in April?