The Queen of the South thread

Believe me, the pleasure was all ours.

Everybody we met all day was top class and a credit to both your club and the area. Having been to Scotland before, I should not be surprised by that though.

It was a top day out.

We can't take any credit for the Newcastle score but I'm sure that helped! Great scenes in the Dev watching that.

The very unusual thing about all these penalties we have conceded is that it virtually never happens to the leagues most successful side . They / we are the team mostly on the front foot attacking their opponents goal and are far more likely to get penalties awarded than concede them. That theory has temporarily went out the window this season. Another almost constant is that the bottom teams have the worst disciplinary records . Being under pressure and lunging tackles etc etc.

Guest Flash

I recall there were 6000+ at that game V Morton in 2002.

A variety of factors involved in the differences I would think. We had been absolutely starved of any real success prior to that time and the title was in the balance up until the last couple of games.

This title comes at the end of a period of success in terms of our history, a decade at a higher level than we had been for some time, an epic victory at Hampden in a cup semi, Queens in a Scottish Cup Final which was something I suspect none of us thought we would ever see and qualifying for Europe. That plus it`s been obvious for some time that the league was ours this season.

Totally agree the gate is a real disappointment especially given we`ve won 2 trophies, one of them in the most dramatic fashion and played some fantastic football but I suspect at least some of the above are the reasons.

Agreed.

After 10 consecutive seasons in the First, getting back there after a season isn't regarded as success by non diehards. People regard progress as success, not getting back to where you were.

Yes, the football has been worth watching, but even some of the regulars on here said they were bored going to the games. So, if they were bored, people who don't go all the time would be unlikely to be enthused.

Plus, there has been a recession since 2002.

Plus the Rangers vote fiasco.

What would the board be budgeting for in terms of crowds? In addition, back then Morton would have brought more folk than EF surely? plus being Trophy Starved like Queens were back then would a reason but if we keep playing well next year, the crowds will hopefully keep rising. Then again the thought of doing an Ayr this year if we kept McPherson or appointed another diddy would have been catastrophic.

Certainly the attendances have not been that good but they are not anywhere in this country . Even the Old Firm are adding on extra thousands to their official gates. A photo of a sparse ' the rangers ' crowd against Stirling Albion was seen recently and the attendance was laughably given as 45,000. I expect decent aways supports from Dunfermilne , Dundee ( possibly ) and Falkirk. Not really from anywhere else but surely will be a lot better than the season just past as they were catastrophic. I reckon we took 700 to the first away game at Stranraer. There hasn't been that much more passed through the Palmerston turnstiles all season.

Good decision by Carmichael, not sure he 's ready for the Premier and a season in the first will do him good. Thought sevco may have went for him as he's prob better than any of their current team.

Better than Templeton?

You again, y don't you go to your own thread, or do the whole 3 Arbroath fans bore you.

Someone just put the crowd stats on Qos Mad. Average league crowd is 1670. A total of 943 visitors came to Palmerston last season ( 53 average ). Yes , these are small clubs we are talking here (bar Ayr) but the visiting figures are real bad.

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I fancy buying one of the purple training tops. Does anyone know how the sizes relate to chest measurement? ie is L (adult) 42-44inch? etc.

Also, will the programme from the last home game (v East Fife) be available for purchase online?

I fancy buying one of the purple training tops. Does anyone know how the sizes relate to chest measurement? ie is L (adult) 42-44inch? etc.

Also, will the programme from the last home game (v East Fife) be available for purchase online?

I believe the programme from Saturday was sold out on the day. No idea about training tops. I know there wasn't much left in the shop after the final day half price sale though. There may well be none. I'd suggest an email to John Paterson to check first. I think you already have his email address?

I'm the same chest size. I bought a Large ( L ) it was a bit too tight.

Next time I was down I bought an XL. It was better but still not loose.

Hope this helps.

The average visiting support at Palmerston in 2011-12 was 286 as opposed to 54 last season. This meant that although the home crowd rose by 350 per game , the attendance was only up by about 100 on 2011-12 because of the lower visiting followings. Thats it summed up as best I can.

Hi gang, here's a cheery wee piece about Queen of the South's sojourn in Division Two - http://tellhimhespele.com/?p=5128 - it also includes a credit for P+B's very own Skyline Drifter for his wonderful stats in this thread.

Please let me know what I've done wrong - it's the only way I'll learn.

Hi gang, here's a cheery wee piece about Queen of the South's sojourn in Division Two - http://tellhimhespele.com/?p=5128 - it also includes a credit for P+B's very own Skyline Drifter for his wonderful stats in this thread.

Please let me know what I've done wrong - it's the only way I'll learn.

Good piece. Minor error correction. Chris Mitchell has re-signed for next season. So far Chris Higgins has not.