The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

https://www.qosfc.com/news-6105

I'm all for a blue and yellow away shirt although I don't know who selected those patterns.

I think the away shirt is smashing. But a big fan of the white bits on the side of the home shirt.

A tough one but I'll just have to get them both.

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There's more chance of me being elected the next Pope than there is of Paton being back next season.

Thanks for that Skyline I had hoped after his last interview when he loved everything about Queens that he might stay another year but as always money talks .

Very difficult to replace not just his goals but his workrate as well .

M.B. has 2 crucial signing replace Paton with the same quality  and get a experienced aggressive  centre half.

5 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Thanks for that Skyline I had hoped after his last interview when he loved everything about Queens that he might stay another year but as always money talks .

Bit harsh. When he moved from Stranraer to Queens do you think it was because "money talks?" Whilst I don't doubt his money will increase elsewhere, this seems very much a well deserved case of career progression.

28 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Very difficult to replace not just his goals but his workrate as well .

M.B. has 2 crucial signing replace Paton with the same quality  and get a experienced aggressive  centre half.

I'd be going back in for Brownlie as he's departed Partick.

56 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

I think the away shirt is smashing. But a big fan of the white bits on the side of the home shirt.

A tough one but I'll just have to get them both.

I think the away shirt has been designed by J&W Carpets. It's woeful.

2 hours ago, Kevin 1919 said:

I don't think anyone will be losing any sleep with what you think about the away top 

Probably not but I'm just giving my opinion. Looks most like the away blue and yellow FIAT shirt back in the Nineties.

7 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Probably not but I'm just giving my opinion. Looks most like the away blue and yellow FIAT shirt back in the Nineties.

Staying on the topic of retro shirts like the Fiat one.  I read on another thread Hamilton and Morton have signed a deal with Matchwinner to supply their 90s retro shirts. 

https://matchwinner.co.uk/matchwinner-confirm-partnership-with-greenock-morton-fc/

I wonder if Queens would consider a speculative approach to Matchwinner to reissue some of the kits they made for us?

It could be a decent revenue stream as I am sure they would be popular. 

7 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Staying on the topic of retro shirts like the Fiat one.  I read on another thread Hamilton and Morton have signed a deal with Matchwinner to supply their 90s retro shirts. 

https://matchwinner.co.uk/matchwinner-confirm-partnership-with-greenock-morton-fc/

I wonder if Queens would consider a speculative approach to Matchwinner to reissue some of the kits they made for us?

It could be a decent revenue stream as I am sure they would be popular. 

Matchwinner posted this on Facebook so I’d say there is a good chance it may happen in time.

IMG_3158.jpeg

17 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Matchwinner posted this on Facebook so I’d say there is a good chance it may happen in time.

IMG_3158.jpeg

That would be good. I would buy the retro ones in a heartbeat. Matchwinner made some crackers for us.  The yellow and navy Fiat shirt in particular, is absolute filth. 

IMG_1720.jpeg

IMG_1719.jpeg

IMG_1721.jpeg

Edited by qos_75

9 hours ago, qos_75 said:

IMG_1720.jpeg

My first top and a beauty. This should be the template for our home kits tbh. No matter how smart some of the recent efforts have been, wearing our shade of blue in Scotland is so bland and rangersy. 

8 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Dave  McKay rumoured to be signing for Alloa 

i fear for the replies   🙂

Not a bad signing tbh. I didn't think he was close to being a bombscare and at the beginning thought he was a hard tackler. Really not sure what went wrong for him tbh. He just kind of lost his place and never really won it back. I think you could have done a lot worse tbh and PT football may suit him better. 

10 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Dave  McKay rumoured to be signing for Alloa 

i fear for the replies   🙂

He never kicked a ball since Bartley came in but he was a bit of a car crash under Gibson. Should also add he wasn’t the only one so it’s a bit unfair singling him out.

Edited by QoS99

47 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

He never kicked a ball since Bartley came in but he was a bit of a car crash under Gibson. Should also add he wasn’t the only one so it’s a bit unfair singling him out.

I don't think he started a game under Bartley but he had a few appearances from the bench. 

11 hours ago, Kunter said:

No I think they just want to strictly run it from generated income.

That's hardly a crime though is it?  We don't have a benevolent mega-rich benefactor like Lord Haughey who is bank rolling the new Glasgow (ex QP) Gretna to fund management and playing staff that we can't afford.  Personally, I prefer it our way, which is hopefully sustainable.

I get that you're frustrated with the apparent lack of quality in some of our signings, but what's the alternative?  Taking it to extremes, Marvin could sign just 11 players who are all of a decent quality but that wouldn't allow for substitutes who are inevitably required during games and it wouldn't provide the squad cover for the inevitable injuries and suspensions which always transpire during the course of a season.  Hence, he has to dilute his approach/budget so that he develops a squad of 20 or so with a mix of quality/experience and younger players with potential that he can hopefully develop through coaching.  In an ideal world its not what Marvin (or most fans) would want but its the nature of 3rd tier football up here and he knew what he was taking on.  He also knew that there's potential at QOS to perform at a higher level and that gives him a platform to develop his CV in management towards future steps up the ladder with larger clubs ... a win-win for all parties if it works.

Unfortunately, life ain't perfect but we make the most of what we have.