The Queen of the South thread

Is there a way you can filter out and stop reading a persons posts?

See your username at the top right hand side of the page? Click on the wee down arrow to the right of it and go to Manage Ignored Users. Enter the name of the person you want to ignore and hit save changes.

See your username at the top right hand side of the page? Click on the wee down arrow to the right of it and go to Manage Ignored Users. Enter the name of the person you want to ignore Truthhurts and hit save changes.

;)

Edited by MB

See your username at the top right hand side of the page? Click on the wee down arrow to the right of it and go to Manage Ignored Users. Enter the name of the person you want to ignore and hit save changes.

You are a lifesaver.

Was it his or the clubs decision?

Good luck to Burns in his SPL adventure, hopefully i will be able to watch him on some TV coverage.

As far as I know, it was the clubs decision.

As much of a wind up merchant as Truthhurts is, I actually think hes right on this occasion. A post that generates the club money, is the last place we should be looking to make cuts. The only way this would be justifiable is if having a commercial manager was costing more than they brought in. I have no idea if this was the case or not, but Id be surprised if it was

As far as I know, it was the clubs decision.

As much of a wind up merchant as Truthhurts is, I actually think hes right on this occasion. A post that generates the club money, is the last place we should be looking to make cuts. The only way this would be justifiable is if having a commercial manager was costing more than they brought in. I have no idea if this was the case or not, but Id be surprised if it was

Without knowing the full facts, it is difficult to make a judgement on this situation. However, from the outide looking in, it appears that Mark was doing a sterling job with one hand tied behind his back. I only hope he can find another job as soon as possible. As for Queens, I would welcome some good news for a change. Surely the new manager will be appointed very soon?

The only way this would be justifiable is if having a commercial manager was costing more than they brought in. I have no idea if this was the case or not, but Id be surprised if it was

an alternative explanation is that the club reckon the work can be outsourced to one or more indivuduals/companies at a lower cost than employing a FT member of staff themselves

While we're cutting back room staff you know do we really need a groundsman? I mean Davie Rae you know used to be a farmer, surely he knows you know how to keep a grass field in good condition?! :rolleyes:

While we're cutting back room staff you know do we really need a groundsman? I mean Davie Rae you know used to be a farmer, surely he knows you know how to keep a grass field in good condition?! :rolleyes:

I don't know how many groundsmen work at Palmerston, but one would be more than enough. They don't even clean the bird shit of the seats before a home game, but they always have time for that extra cup of tea ye ken. :(

Stranraer at home in the league cup, would rather it was away but first time in 5 years!:D

FFS move on will you. :angry:

A team of Queens size should never look forward to playing a team like Stranraer. I hope it's 50 years before we ever get a chance to play them again in a league game. It was only because of Wullie Harkness that we managed to play them so much during that horrible 30 year stage that the club went through.

I couldn't imagine the Old Firm fans getting excited with playing Partick bloody Thistle again in any tournament. :unsure:

A team of Queens size should never look forward to playing a team like Stranraer.

perhaps the rest of us have a bit more respect for one of Scotland's oldest teams

A home draw to lower leage opposition giving us a good chance of progression, yet likely to generate a larger crowd than probably any other lower league team - terrible init :blink:

A team of Queens size should never look forward to playing a team like Stranraer. I hope it's 50 years before we ever get a chance to play them again in a league game. It was only because of Wullie Harkness that we managed to play them so much during that horrible 30 year stage that the club went through.

I couldn't imagine the Old Firm fans getting excited with playing Partick bloody Thistle again in any tournament. :unsure:

We were also in the same division during parts of the 90s & early 2000s, post Harkness era.

We were also in the same division during parts of the 90s & early 2000s, post Harkness era.

A ken that, but I'm a snob nooadays, I dinnae want to be associated with rif-raf frae the clayhole. ;)

Our preseason match will probably have a few more attendees than your derby with the clayholers. In fact you could be playing them more regularly the season after next ;)

Oh aye and we probably bring the most consistent levels of support to palmy so less of the cheek :)

Our preseason match will probably have a few more attendees than your derby with the clayholers. In fact you could be playing them more regularly the season after next ;)

Oh aye and we probably bring the most consistent levels of support to palmy so less of the cheek :)

I actually like Partick Thistle, if I lived in Glesga, I'd probably go and watch them. :huh:

Mind you, if I lived in Raith, I would probably watch Cowdenbeath. :blink:

Davie cutting grass, he can't even get a haircut. 8)