The Queen of the South thread

I'm (hopefully) coming across in June 2024. Mainly to visit relatives and head across to Germany to enjoy Euro 2024, but having my photo taken next to this infamous sign would be the highlight of my trip. Especially if it still says Kelty Hearts Sat 6th May.

9 hours ago, Swarley said:

I'm (hopefully) coming across in June 2024. Mainly to visit relatives and head across to Germany to enjoy Euro 2024, but having my photo taken next to this infamous sign would be the highlight of my trip. Especially if it still says Kelty Hearts Sat 6th May.

There's a reasonable chance you'll get your photo 😂

On 10/08/2023 at 08:36, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Or experienced enough. And is he even that aggressive?

East no better than what we have so not for me.

Good win at  Edinburgh but surely now everyone can see what we need think I have mentioned it a few times.

Really harsh on McCellend or any player to get booked for simply celebrating a goal with your own fans.

Hope Brydon is ready for next week McKay will not cope with Tommy Goss.

I'm busy bitching on the match thread about our lack of goal threat up front ... I've just checked the league table (only 2 games played, I know) and we're equal top scorers with 5 ...! 🤣

And while we are going on about the damn sign, what about the clock at the Glasgow Street End, still showing twenty past one. 

It just makes me think that something so easy to fix, in both cases, doesn't give a good impression of our club.

Surely a member of the club staff could just go out to the sign and, if not able to put up the correct details, take away the Kelty Hearts rubbish, and the fixture list.

Not sure how easy it is to change the clock, or put a new battery in, or whatever it is, but come on Queens, we've been going on about this stuff for a while now, surely something can be done.

Rant over, good performance yesterday. Shame about the guys invading the track at McClelland's goal. If they hadn't done that, perhaps the second yellow wouldn't have appeared. But how many times do we see players going over to their fans to celebrate a goal, without punishment? I'll be watching TV closely now for such instances.

Come on Queens!!!!!!

Hope to hell, Marvin gets the players seriously up for the derby on Saturday.  I looked at these first three fixtures (Alloa, Edinburgh and Annan) when announced and thought that was a great opportunity to start really well and post some decent points on the board. It wasn't beyond the realms of possibility that we could have posted 7 or 9 points.  Now, we really have to make sure its 6.

Not being disrespectful to those clubs but if we truly had higher ambitions then that was a not overly difficult opening sequence before we then take on the much tougher task of Cove, Falkirk and Accies in our next four games.  So the Annan game's a big one, not just for the derby.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Hope to hell, Marvin gets the players seriously up for the derby on Saturday.  I looked at these first three fixtures (Alloa, Edinburgh and Annan) when announced and thought that was a great opportunity to start really well and post some decent points on the board. It wasn't beyond the realms of possibility that we could have posted 7 or 9 points.  Now, we really have to make sure its 6.

Not being disrespectful to those clubs but if we truly had higher ambitions then that was a not overly difficult opening sequence before we then take on the much tougher task of Cove, Falkirk and Accies in our next four games.  So the Annan game's a big one, not just for the derby.

Within reason agree with what you're saying but a lot also lies with Bartley as to what personnel he puts on the park. 6 points is the minimum.

I think this will be a very tight league this season. It's still very early days but results in the first 2 weeks seem to point to this. 

21 minutes ago, bod said:

Within reason agree with what you're saying but a lot also lies with Bartley as to what personnel he puts on the park. 6 points is the minimum.

I think this will be a very tight league this season. It's still very early days but results in the first 2 weeks seem to point to this. 

Definitely tighter than last season for sure.

1 minute ago, QoS99 said:

Wilson off to Morton on loan

Must be a fitness or professionalism issue as Marv doesn’t seem to fancy him. Great player when fit but never fit. Hopefully would free up a slot for a midfield enforcer/ box to box guys and some firepower up front. Shame. I liked him as a player but no good if he can never play. In Marv we trust