The Queen of the South thread

22 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Anyway, how about Scott Brown? Perhaps he could get his boots back on too. 

Yes, not a bad shout and would certainly add a bit of steel to the midfield & give the rest of them a good kick up the arse. Not sure I’d welcome all the old firm related shite that would come with it tho

Least said about the game the better. Most gutless bunch of footballers I’ve ever seen. 
Thought I’d seen everything. Group of primary school kids tried to make an atmosphere at the back of the east stand near the away fans. Because some other Queens fans complained they got hunted by the stewards. Absolute madness drive away the next generation. And as for the card board cut out fans who want total silence whilst you watch football, maybe they should move and let the kids enjoy themselves. Imagine getting moved for singing at a football match!

7 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Or how about Sandra Brown ...?

Not saying that she talks any more sense than MB during the interviews but sometimes the less you say, the cleverer you appear.

I know that I've posted a few light-hearted (trite) replies recently but that's not how I really feel. Probably just been trying to avoid finally acknowledging to myself how bad things have become.

12 minutes ago, overthetop said:

Least said about the game the better. Most gutless bunch of footballers I’ve ever seen. 
Thought I’d seen everything. Group of primary school kids tried to make an atmosphere at the back of the east stand near the away fans. Because some other Queens fans complained they got hunted by the stewards. Absolute madness drive away the next generation. And as for the card board cut out fans who want total silence whilst you watch football, maybe they should move and let the kids enjoy themselves. Imagine getting moved for singing at a football match!

That's where I used to sit and have moved. Pathetic area of the ground tbh. Even the rare time we scored they wouldn't even bother to get out their seats to celebrate. 

I still don't think he'll get sacked on the back of today. 

Obviously, I might be wrong, but I think there will be a real reluctance to get rid, this early in a 2 year deal.  If we're firmly in the bottom 2 spots it'll have to happen, but until such time, I see him staying put.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's where I used to sit and have moved. Pathetic area of the ground tbh. Even the rare time we scored they wouldn't even bother to get out their seats to celebrate. 

Indeed probably that’s why the the St.Johns Ambulance folk sit there as well in case they have to check some of them are still breathing!

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Obviously, I might be wrong, but I think there will be a real reluctance to get rid, this early in a 2 year deal.  If we're firmly in the bottom 2 spots it'll have to happen, but until such time, I see him staying put.

My thinking as well, sadly. Even more depressingly, I'm not sure anyone can get this rabble playing decent football. 

1 minute ago, bod said:

Lead to believe he's  going nowhere,! The guy has no shame. 😡

BH has got to make the call.

Who has no shame? 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

My thinking as well, sadly. Even more depressingly, I'm not sure anyone can get this rabble playing decent football. 

Well yes, that as well.  

Obviously, there's a January to come, but I can see the fact that any new manager would struggle to do any better with this team, being a factor.

That's not an argument in defence of Bartley at all - it's his bloody fault.  However, it might be an argument that works in his favour.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Today was the last straw it can't go on any longer if will cost us to get rid but we must somehow find the money.

945 fans says it all that will keep going down as will Queens unless we do something .

19 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Today was the last straw it can't go on any longer if will cost us to get rid but we must somehow find the money.

945 fans says it all that will keep going down as will Queens unless we do something .

I think it was you that suggested Ian McCall  last week. I think he would have been a decent replacement at this level.

It looks like that ship has sailed, but you never know. He might still be in his cooling off period with Clyde. Haha. 

Edited by qos_75

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've no idea. I was just told it's heavy in training and that kind of thing is encouraged by Murray. As I say, if it transferred onto the pitch I'm all for it but it clearly doesn't. 

Do you seriously think they are encouraged to knock lumps out of each other in training? 

Obviously never been anywhere near a training ground.

Edited by bod