The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

A very thorough update. Sounds like loads of great stuff going on at the moment. 

A great update, keeping supporters updated. How can QOS get this information out, into all the work they are doing into the wider Dumfries and surrounding area  communities? It's all well and good keeping supporters and people who are interested in QOS informed but it is also new people who needs to be informed.

Looking forward to game today. With MacIntrye signed, hopefully we can get dickenson further up park. Lyon will play some part you’d hope. Can barnes play today after playing three trialist games already? 

11 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Brilliant. Fantastic. Well done. A very busy man is Dan! Does anyone know when the annual Palmerston clean up is? 

Well done Dan. Great communicator. Talented and hard working young man. Communications are ten times better than last season…hopefully the team is too.

I'm a bit more positive about Jay Hogarth than the Dumbarton posters. He did pretty well at Alloa and I would have taken him back. Does the basics pretty well. Yes, he made a mistake or two, but not many and part of the learning process IMO.

QotS will be a bigger challenge for him. Expectations will be higher. I hope he does well, but I expect we'll all have a clearer view of his actual potential at the end of this season.

Posted (edited)

Who was no 12 RB QoS trialist that came on looked decent?

Said it for a few weeks definitely lacking a striker. Midfield looks alot stronger than last season. Do with Brydon back at CB or get another in.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

30 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Who was no 12 RB QoS trialist that came on looked decent?

Said it for a few weeks definitely lacking a striker. Midfield looks alot stronger than last season. Do with Brydon back at CB or get another in.

No idea who he was. Couldn't quite catch the name being shouted. The other biy sounded like an Alan or an Ally. Only going by today I wouldn't sign either tbh. The RB didn't do much wrong defensively and if he can play CB I'd be happy enough with him. But if he's a RB then no. You look at McIntyre and he's bombing up and down the park whereas 12 barely crossed the half way line. 

My thoughts are pretty much the same after that game than as they were before it: we desperately need a striker or two and another CB. I wouldn't even be arsed with a RB given we looked far better with a back 3 than a 4. We packed the midfield well in the first half and Stirling barely had the ball. Second half was far more open. The only negative of that back 3 set up was Dickenson clearly can't track back so it's about getting a system to benefit everyone I suppose. 

Gaston doing Gaston things won the game for Stirling. A lot of positives for me and I'm hopeful Murphy can have a positive time in the loan market. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

There! 

Under the stair. 

I was at the game caller. Am heading back to Sydney next weekend so will miss the Aberdeen game.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

No idea who he was. Couldn't quite catch the name being shouted. The other biy sounded like an Alan or an Ally. Only going by today I wouldn't sign either tbh. The RB didn't do much wrong defensively and if he can play CB I'd be happy enough with him. But if he's a RB then no. You look at McIntyre and he's bombing up and down the park whereas 12 barely crossed the half way line. 

My thoughts are pretty much the same after that game than as they were before it: we desperately need a striker or two and another CB. I wouldn't even be arsed with a RB given we looked far better with a back 3 than a 4. We packed the midfield well in the first half and Stirling barely had the ball. Second half was far more open. The only negative of that back 3 set up was Dickenson clearly can't track back so it's about getting a system to benefit everyone I suppose. 

Gaston doing Gaston things won the game for Stirling. A lot of positives for me and I'm hopeful Murphy can have a positive time in the loan market. 

We’d still need someone to play RWB if we go 3-5-2. Dickenson may not have tracked back as well as previously due to feeling tight, why he didn’t come out for second half. More positives than negatives, lots of decent performances, but we need someone to put the ball in the net 

the trialist right back was Charlie Barnes as previous 3 games before. Again showed he’s more than competent, I’d sign him and another right back. Barnes versatility would be a bonus

Edited by qos1990

4 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Striker, centre back and a right back and we’ll be fine. 

Murphy saying he hopes to bring in another four .

Hopes for  two this week .

Agree we need what you say especially up front we need more firepower and pace .

Really worry about our goal threat.

At times we struggled to break Stirling down it was a good workout for us teams this season  will do that at Palmy just sit in then hit us in the break .

We need to do everything faster our build up at times far to slow 

Talking from a very weak position here in not having seen any of the friendlies, but apart from the "shooty in" practice against Abbey Vale our apparent lack of firepower up front is starting to cause some alarm, at least for me anyway.  Finding a striker who knows where the net is at this level isn't easy (without some serious dosh to spend), but that really has to be a priority amongst the remaining squad places still to be filled.  Without a significant Goals For column we just won't be troubling the sharp end of the league table.

I've been impressed with the close season developments so far, like Murphy's approach and the work being done by Dan and the team behind the scenes, but landing a decent forward now has to be a priority.

On 05/07/2024 at 22:07, queenslad said:

A great update, keeping supporters updated. How can QOS get this information out, into all the work they are doing into the wider Dumfries and surrounding area  communities? It's all well and good keeping supporters and people who are interested in QOS informed but it is also new people who needs to be informed.

Brilliant update Dan is a real asset for us .

I get your point somehow we have to wake up Dumfries and get them along to Palmerston .

Our social media is now really good but we have get Dan in the local press on Border T.V. everything we can to get Dumfries to remember we have a football club .

On that it was great to see the whole Rogerson family supporting him first time I have ever seen a young  baby having a bottle and enjoying the game.

That is the local connection we have to try and get the boy himself is finding the level of football hard right now but with good coaching he will get there.