The Queen of the South thread

Best shot stopper I have ever seen, if he hadnt had some shocking injuries he would be well on his way to 100 scottish caps and be playing Epl football everyweek for a team in Europe. There's next to no chance of us ever getting a player of his quality in what should be his prime. Is it his knees giving him his problems ?

one things for sure JRS the official site won't keep you updated.

Anyway I don't agree that just because AJ has spoken to killie we can't get behind him and push us on next season.

Any thoughts on Craig Gordon being a QOS player?

Seems extraordinary that we are linked with an ex 9 million pound man. Needs a step back into the game so you never know.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Seems extraordinary that we are linked with an ex 9 million pound man. Needs a step back into the game so you never know.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if signed for a 1st division side but like someone has said we probably aren't favourites to sign him.

Ok, so I didnt explain myself very well last night ... and no I hadnt been drinking :lol:

Let me try again - before Killie came along, AJ and probably every other manager in the game, will have some clubs in his mind that he would have no interest in talking to, whether it be for geographical reasons, past allegiances, personal relationships, whatever. There will also be clubs that he would be very interested in managing, generally because they are significantly bigger than where he's currently at, but it could just as easily be because he played there or was a fan as a kid, or some other reason.

That leaves a bunch of clubs for which he has no particular preconceived thoughts one way or the other. If approached he might talk to them, he might not. He might then take the job, he might turn it down.

The point I was making is that these "lists" are already in AJs mind, Im sure. The clubs on each list probably wont change very much and theres nothing to suggest that by talking to Killie he would automatically take a job at any other club slightly bigger than Queens, which is what was being suggested.

one things for sure JRS the official site won't keep you updated.

Anyway I don't agree that just because AJ has spoken to killie we can't get behind him and push us on next season.

Any thoughts on Craig Gordon being a QOS player?

Yes it will, once theres something to say

Ok, so I didnt explain myself very well last night ... and no I hadnt been drinking :lol:

Let me try again - before Killie came along, AJ and probably every other manager in the game, will have some clubs in his mind that he would have no interest in talking to, whether it be for geographical reasons, past allegiances, personal relationships, whatever. There will also be clubs that he would be very interested in managing, generally because they are significantly bigger than where he's currently at, but it could just as easily be because he played there or was a fan as a kid, or some other reason.

That leaves a bunch of clubs for which he has no particular preconceived thoughts one way or the other. If approached he might talk to them, he might not. He might then take the job, he might turn it down.

The point I was making is that these "lists" are already in AJs mind, Im sure. The clubs on each list probably wont change very much and theres nothing to suggest that by talking to Killie he would automatically take a job at any other club slightly bigger than Queens, which is what was being suggested.

Ok, that makes more sense, but I'm still not convinced you're right.

I think that his willingness to seriously consider Kilmarnock, despite their current turmoil, strongly suggests he's very keen to move to the top flight. Now, I'm not dismissing your notion that he may have an emotional attachment to Kilmarnock, but I'm guessing (and of course, it can only be a guess) that the lure of a significantly bigger club in a higher league is decisive. For me, that suggests that clubs of similar stature, yet greater stability, will also turn his head.

Neither of us can prove our respective views of this of course, but the balance of probability leaves me pretty satisfied that mine is accurate.

Ok, that makes more sense, but I'm still not convinced you're right.

I think that his willingness to seriously consider Kilmarnock, despite their current turmoil, strongly suggests he's very keen to move to the top flight. Now, I'm not dismissing your notion that he may have an emotional attachment to Kilmarnock, but I'm guessing (and of course, it can only be a guess) that the lure of a significantly bigger club in a higher league is decisive. For me, that suggests that clubs of similar stature, yet greater stability, will also turn his head.

Neither of us can prove our respective views of this of course, but the balance of probability leaves me pretty satisfied that mine is accurate.

No, youre right, theres no way of knowing which one of us is right. But if we stuck to that on here we'd never debate anything :lol:

I was being sarcastic as I have been saying that all along.

Oh, sorry :ph34r:

:(

31k is a paltry sum as well, presumably he had a release clause.

I should have said they will actually sign on the dotted line tomorrow. All agreed though. It is a paltry sum but we may need to use it to get two replacements.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Considering the man moved to france when he was playing, I agree, it's bizarre. However, I do agree with him on the partick and st mirren front, as I don't think either will ever be top 6 sides, so he would be on a hiding to nothing.

And is hence much better off staying at Queen of the South :rolleyes: