The Queen of the South thread

Guest Flash

Archibald said he would've wanted Dowie to stay at Thistle had we not been promoted so he rates him at that level.

For me he was excellent against Morton with their long ball tactics but he has almost next to no pace and got burned a few times.

As cover he will do a good job but I wouldn't like to rely on him for an entire season.

Always puzzles me why most people want their forwards to have pace, but it is ok for defenders to have none.

Have to think he'll be on bigger wages than Black was offered which means it is unlikely he will be back up. Wonder if it means Durnan is on his way, as others have said.

There won't be an awful lot we can do if Johnston starts picking off the best players one by one. I know they are under contract. But so was Johnston.

Of course, it hasn't actually happened, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

The comparisons between the signing of Dowie and the signing of Potter are eerily similar.

No, they aren't. Dowie is a far better player than Higgins unless Higgins has managed to vastly improve his ability by playing at a lower level.

How can a manager who has managed one club be seen to make predictable signings?

Because every signing he made at Dunfermline were ones any fan could predict. Some managers prefer to sign young talent from the lower leagues or released by spl clubs or from further afield. McIntyre's signings were ones everyone was aware of and could easily be predicted. Would be difficult to find an example of a player he "discovered".

Because every signing he made at Dunfermline were ones any fan could predict. Some managers prefer to sign young talent from the lower leagues or released by spl clubs or from further afield. McIntyre's signings were ones everyone was aware of and could easily be predicted. Would be difficult to find an example of a player he "discovered".

lol wut?

One thing that was a trademark of McIntyres signings were that you never knew what he was going to do, there would be rumours but I can't think of any case during our first division time where the press or anyone else said they were about to sign, outwith Graham Bayne. Christ at one point he signed Joe Cardle and McDougall without Airdrie knowing. He does tend to sign players from around Scotland but I don't see how this is necessarily a bad thing, the team spirit was good throughout his reign and he improved the club season on season using his "predictable" transfers, I'm sure Queens won't complain if he does similar.