The Queen of the South thread

Interesting article in the Scotsman today about the relative player budgets of the rangers and Qos . They had a budget of 7 million quid to win the Third Division ( 28 times their rivals) and we won the Second Division apparently with a £500,000. They have more dosh at their disposal this season to win their league . Must be like cracking a flea on the head with a sledgehammer.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Why would Barry Nicholson sign for Queens ?

He has offers from 2 SPL sides and was only at the game yesterday as he was in Dumfries to see his family

He is going to see one of the SPL sides playing today who made him a offer.

What is going on with this Kevin DZ USA player he was out on the park training with the Queens players.

Has he agreed a deal to sign ?

Is he now just waiting for a work visa ?

He has offers from 2 SPL sides and was only at the game yesterday as he was in Dumfries to see his family

What is going on with this Kevin DZ USA player he was out on the park training with the Queens players.

He hasnt been made an offer though. He was offered the chance to train with killie and see what happens. He was quietly confident of something coming from it. However he also didnt rule out queens, but while he had a chance to play at a higher level he would prefer to do so.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Kev is supposedly waiting on his visa. There was some wrangling over the deal, with both money and length of contract being sticking points. I am now led to believe that the issues have been resolved and it should only be a matter of time before he signs. Whether my informant is correct, only time will tell.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Edited by MB

Hope this boy is good because he is being bigged up to be after one friendly ( that I didn't see)

Is he being "bigged up"? Put it this way, he looked a lot better than McShane or Slattery and far more comfortable in the holding midfield role than McGuffie did. Im not convinced he would start ahead of Young but he'd be a good addition to the squad

Is he being "bigged up"? Put it this way, he looked a lot better than McShane or Slattery and far more comfortable in the holding midfield role than McGuffie did. Im not convinced he would start ahead of Young but he'd be a good addition to the squad

The pleasing thing is that we won well against Dundee while not at full strength player wise . The position you talked about is the most obvious one and that doesn't mean Guff had a bad game , far from it. Just not a natural in there.

The pleasing thing is that we won well against Dundee while not at full strength player wise . The position you talked about is the most obvious one and that doesn't mean Guff had a bad game , far from it. Just not a natural in there.

Thats a good point. McGuffie did ok second half, but looked like he was struggling to get to grips with the pace first half. He, as you say, isnt as natural in the position as Young, who I think would have helped keep the ball better, again especially in the first half.

I'm hoping Kev can play in goal.

Ouch :lol:

You would have thought that the player budget was already pretty much spent.

Not at all. So far we have lost Gibson (big wage) Smith (big wage) Fitzpatrick, Robinson (big wage), and Clark and replaced them with Dowie and Antell who I wouldn't imagine would equal the same wage as the above 5.

Not at all. So far we have lost Gibson (big wage) Smith (big wage) Fitzpatrick, Robinson (big wage), and Clark and replaced them with Dowie and Antell who I wouldn't imagine would equal the same wage as the above 5.

Gibson was effectively replaced by Paton who came in as a late extra to last season.

Fitzpatrick was an extra brought in for two months because we needed a player to cover full back in the cup final, not part of the budget for last season as a whole.

You've missed Iain Russell in your Ins / Outs (and you've missed Steven Black too come to think of it).

Edited by Skyline Drifter