The Queen of the South thread

Johnston wasn't exactly keen to offer Mcshane a deal on what he had seen. He saw him in training every day when he was back fit.

Again, he wasn't "back fit" until he returned for pre-season, which Johnston had invited him back to. Not unreasonably he was looking for McShane to prove his fitness before offering a deal. I really have no idea which of Slattery or McShane he would have seen as the better prospect and I don't know how anyone could.

Again, he wasn't "back fit" until he returned for pre-season, which Johnston had invited him back to. Not unreasonably he was looking for McShane to prove his fitness before offering a deal. I really have no idea which of Slattery or McShane he would have seen as the better prospect and I don't know how anyone could.

IMO I have seen more in Slattery's game time than Mcshane's too suggest that Slattery is a better option. Only my opinion mind.

Is three league games the record for downright despair and pessimism ? Supporting 4-4-2 brigade is fully out in force when in reality he won't change it. Personally McGuffie is too slow and not very good on the ball but is just filling in while young was missing, now you have two players who can play that position which should reduce Guffs midfield playing (hopefully pernamently) . I very much doubt that they are going to change a formation that they have spent the entire summer working on.

Also Allan Johnston is gone, some people seem to can't come to terms with that. Move on already.

I don't care what formation we play as long as it works. From what I've seen 4-3-3 worked against Dundee but nobody else in this division, so far.

What I don't understand is why we spent an "entire summer" changing a formation from one we spent an entire season slaughtering teams with.

However, I do agree that it is a complete waste of time commenting on it because McIntyre seems more fixated on it than anybody who advocates an alternative.

FWIW I totally agree with Broony that Slattery looked a far better prospect than McShane in the limited time I've seen them. Don't understand why Slattery has been so marginalised. IMO he'd have done a better job in centre mid than Guff.

IMO I have seen more in Slattery's game time than Mcshane's too suggest that Slattery is a better option. Only my opinion mind.

Yeah, that's fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion. I was only addressing the suggestion that AJ clearly thought Slattery was better. He may have done, he may not. Given McShane was injured all season there's no way to conclude that unless he actually said it somewhere that I'm unaware of.

I don't care what formation we play as long as it works. From what I've seen 4-3-3 worked against Dundee but nobody else in this division, so far.

What I don't understand is why we spent an "entire summer" changing a formation from one we spent an entire season slaughtering teams with.

However, I do agree that it is a complete waste of time commenting on it because McIntyre seems more fixated on it than anybody who advocates an alternative.

FWIW I totally agree with Broony that Slattery looked a far better prospect than McShane in the limited time I've seen them. Don't understand why Slattery has been so marginalised. IMO he'd have done a better job in centre mid than Guff.

I think if he'd stuck with the same thing as Johnston he'd be accused of resting on the teams laurels as soon as they started losing, I don't know what has happened at the start of this season as we looked pretty shit hot against Hearts and St Mirren.

I think if he'd stuck with the same thing as Johnston he'd be accused of resting on the teams laurels as soon as they started losing, I don't know what has happened at the start of this season as we looked pretty shit hot against Hearts and St Mirren.

We're halfway to being shit hot.

Yeah, that's fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion. I was only addressing the suggestion that AJ clearly thought Slattery was better. He may have done, he may not. Given McShane was injured all season there's no way to conclude that unless he actually said it somewhere that I'm unaware of.

I actually forgot the seriousness of Mcshane's injury and thought most of the time he was out it was out of favour and not injured.

I notice St Mirren got international clearance today for a new loanee signing that is now in squad for tonight!

What's taking so long to get ours mans clearance?

Kevin had to fly back to states to sign a form and has now signed. Will be available from saturday for selection

Kevin had to fly back to states to sign a form and has now signed. Will be available from saturday for selection

Thank Christ. The more players available to keep Guff out of the middle the better. Any word on Young and Burns? I imagine Burns could be out for a couple of weeks with what looked like a pull. I just pray Young isn't out for too long, if at all.

Great performance tonight to put the cup holders out. Two cracking goals. Lets hope we can bring the energy and and enthusiasm we showed in this game into the league matches. Well done also to Calum Antell for his penalty save and a few cracking stops also. Maybe give his doubters something to think about. My MOM would be McKenna, he put in a great shift and must have covered every inch of (plastic) grass. Bring on Rangers 2012 in the Ramsdens.

Great performance tonight to put the cup holders out. Two cracking goals. Lets hope we can bring the energy and and enthusiasm we showed in this game into the league matches. Well done also to Calum Antell for his penalty save and a few cracking stops also. Maybe give his doubters something to think about. My MOM would be McKenna, he put in a great shift and must have covered every inch of (plastic) grass. Bring on Rangers 2012 in the Ramsdens.

Nobody has slagged off Callum's shot stopping ability. His catching crosses is still a concern. Great result tonight, when we gave away the penalty I honestly thought our race was run.

Anyone else think Alan Johnston might like to to go back three months in a time machine ?

In five games he has already nearly lost as many as he had in his one season and 1 game spell at Palmerston, ealry days yet though.

In regards to tonight, hopefully Burnsy is OK, looked like his Hamstring went and looked pretty serious, same it has happened in his testimonial year :(

Sure Palmerston will be a busy place today starting to get things organised for the upcoming cup game v Rangers, ticket allocation, date & time will surely be moved for Alba tv.

Bring it on another massive cup tie to look forward to.

So the chairman said last night. The poor lad had to fly to USA to sign a document to complete his move. Should be available for saturday

Not sure we should believe anything the man who told us Kev the American was 'definitely' Kevin McBride :(