The Queen of the South thread

After all this 'outrage' about how the team is doing , well, I have just had a look and its w2,d2 and l2 goal diff 0 ie slap, bang average . I would say I am very happy with this seen as we haven't even got out of gear yet. Yes, McIn continues to perplex but a decent season is out there for us . Happy Clapper or Realist who wants team to do well ? Personally , hope to be the latter option. Lets go to Tynie and give it a real go. No lose situation so lets do it.

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

After all this 'outrage' about how the team is doing , well, I have just had a look and its w2,d2 and l2 goal diff 0 ie slap, bang average . I would say I am very happy with this seen as we haven't even got out of gear yet. Yes, McIn continues to perplex but a decent season is out there for us . Happy Clapper or Realist who wants team to do well ? Personally , hope to be the latter option. Lets go to Tynie and give it a real go. No lose situation so lets do it.

Its been an odd sort of a start. We played well, for a period, and totally blew Dundee away. They were pre-season favourites and should still be up there come the end of the season. However, we huffed and puffed against Livingston and Alloa who look like theyll be at the bottom end of the table, but maybe should have taken something from Raith who're second. Other than that, we've beaten non-league Spartans, an Airdrie side who are struggling in league one, a St Mirren side who dont like they could beat eggs right now and one of the worst Morton sides Ive ever seen.

But then again, we matched Rangers other than not taking our chances and not defending set pieces. Quite hard to work out where we are from all that.

Im hoping that today was a sign of things to come. With Burns out, I think its really important that Kev and McShane are now viable options in midfield to give us that bit of passing quality and energy that we've missed in some of the games. Playing with a "lone striker" makes it really important that someone from the midfield can get forward in support. With all due respect to McGuffie, he was never going to do that. I wonder if McIntyre will stick with todays formation, with two midfields sitting but the other playing in a more advanced role?

Some on here seem to like facts, so we will look a bit closer here . Competitive games played 11 won ' through' 6 lost 3 drew 2. Not too bad but we can do better. Good facts are needed to be heard more than the usual bad ones

See above for four of the wins, though. I'd forgot about Annan, who are struggling in League 2. Half of our wins have come against lower league opposition. Two others have been against very poor St Mirren and Morton sides. Facts dont always tell the whole story.

As I said earlier, though, Im hopefully that today is the start of the improvement

See above for four of the wins, though. I'd forgot about Annan, who are struggling in League 2. Half of our wins have come against lower league opposition. Two others have been against very poor St Mirren and Morton sides. Facts dont always tell the whole story.

As I said earlier, though, Im hopefully that today is the start of the improvement

Annan are in the semi of the Ramsdens and are a senior team in their own right . I am not trying to gloss over everything - believe me because I share the concerns of most - but St.Mirren have been defeated in another rare SPL scalp. We are a decent side who can possibly do better but we have no divine right to.

Don't know why voicing concerns seems to get under some peoples skins, quite funny really.

There's concerns and then there is completely over the top reactions plus football fans in general love a moan. If Queens had lost today this thread would be a lot busier.

Don't know why voicing concerns seems to get under some peoples skins, quite funny really.

Ah, but kirky . If beaten today , there would have been a Tottenham style riot . Our win has mean't more action on a Sunday morning church ramble than on here . Or am I imagining that ? Any result , good, bad or indifferent , deserves equal reaction , surely . Is this too extreme of me to expect that ? So many questions but should we expect to beat teams of equal or greater resources every week ? Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Fantastic result today 2 nil away from home, after a slight blip in scoring.

goes well for wed night match at Tynecastle.

Looking forward to this and McIntyre will have a full squad to pick from.(apart Burns).

Good chance to progress

Up the QUEENS.

Most seem to think that this squad should be able to reach the play offs, anything less is failure in my opinion.

McIntyre may achieve this, just think he's making it harder than it needs to be.

Just this.

When was the last time a side promoted to this league finished in the top half? Other than Gretna, would it be Queens in 2003? So why is this what is being held as the standard for McIntyre?

Seems to be a high bar thats set for a newly promoted side who arguably lost their two most important players in the close season . Has this acceptibility level been plucked out of the air ? Most outsiders might even think that is arrogant to expect to waltz in to a higher league and win every week( which is what some seem to demand). Top four should be considered a success and not a minimum level of achievement Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Annan are in the semi of the Ramsdens and are a senior team in their own right . I am not trying to gloss over everything - believe me because I share the concerns of most - but St.Mirren have been defeated in another rare SPL scalp. We are a decent side who can possibly do better but we have no divine right to.

Annan may well be in the semis of the cup but they are also, currently, the third worst side in Scotland. I dont consider a side sitting bottom of the Premiership with a solitary point and two goals to show for their first six games any kind of scalp.

When was the last time a side promoted to this league finished in the top half? Other than Gretna, would it be Queens in 2003? So why is this what is being held as the standard for McIntyre?

Fair point. When was the last time a side came up having completed dominated the league below in a record breaking season? I think had we lost more than Clark and Robinson our expectations might have been lower.I think its probably fair to say that this years "1st" is the most even in a long time.

Seems to be a high bar thats set for a newly promoted side . Has this acceptibility level been plucked out of the air ? Most outsiders might even think that is arrogant to expect to waltz in to a higher league and win every week( which is what some seem to demand). Top four should be considered a success and not a minimum level of achievement

I dont think anyone expects to win every week and you know that.

Personally, the expectation comes from how well we did last season versus the standard of the championship this season. Before the season, I would have put Dundee, Falkirk and possibly Morton and Raith as genuinely better sides than us. Obviously, Hamilton are firmly in that group and Morton arent, at the moment. Livy slashed their budget and were always going to struggle which leaves Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton. No disrespect to those clubs, but they are ones we should definitely be targetting finishing above.

As I said in the previous post, this is one of the most even "1st" divisions for a long time. Any of, probably, seven or eight clubs could be challenging for a play-off spot. I dont see anything wrong with expecting Queens to be one of those

We've got 8 points from 6 games. Under Gus we had 7. Then again, so did County. So it is difficult to know which way it will go. All I've ever said is that most of the changes have been unnecessary and that the goalie is not good enough.

As for moaning, of course more people will comment after defeats or a run of defeats because they want to debate what is going wrong and what could be done about it. If you are winning every week, there isn't much to debate. What you generally find is that the people who moan make a point and explain why they are making it. Whereas those who don't like that just say "stop moaning" contributing nothing whatsoever to the debate. I don't really see the point in coming on here to cheer - I do that at the games. And I don't really see the point in fellow fans coming on here to congratulate each other on how well we're doing. I'd rather only come on when there is something to talk about. If that means some of the less bright think I'm a moaner then that is something I'll just have to live with.

If anybody thinks any of the points I make aren't valid, they are free to make a counter point. What I don't understand is why moaning is a problem anyway. The only people reading it are fellow die hards, so what is the problem? And if anybody just doesn't like the stuff I post, there is an ignore function.

We've got 8 points from 6 games. Under Gus we had 7. Then again, so did County. So it is difficult to know which way it will go. All I've ever said is that most of the changes have been unnecessary and that the goalie is not good enough.

As for moaning, of course more people will comment after defeats or a run of defeats because they want to debate what is going wrong and what could be done about it. If you are winning every week, there isn't much to debate. What you generally find is that the people who moan make a point and explain why they are making it. Whereas those who don't like that just say "stop moaning" contributing nothing whatsoever to the debate. I don't really see the point in coming on here to cheer - I do that at the games. And I don't really see the point in fellow fans coming on here to congratulate each other on how well we're doing. I'd rather only come on when there is something to talk about. If that means some of the less bright think I'm a moaner then that is something I'll just have to live with.

If anybody thinks any of the points I make aren't valid, they are free to make a counter point. What I don't understand is why moaning is a problem anyway. The only people reading it are fellow die hards, so what is the problem? And if anybody just doesn't like the stuff I post, there is an ignore function.

I have no doubt you are a diehard . You would not have such a knowledge if you were not. I don't think " less bright " is anything to do with it. I wouldn't class myself as less bright for wanting to talk about a good days work. There is as much to talk about after a win than a defeat . For instance , there are signs - at last - that McIntyre is starting to sort his defence out . Durnan - who everyone was crying out for- got drafted in , Holt and McGuffie have started in the their best positions in the last two games and thank god Guff is not in the centre of midfield . Most of us want Mitchell re instated but that could well come and McGuffie is a competent full back in the meantime . Maybe Lyle can go on another goal run now is another thing .So there , that is my tuppence worth and maybe you can see the point I am making . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Annan may well be in the semis of the cup but they are also, currently, the third worst side in Scotland. I dont consider a side sitting bottom of the Premiership with a solitary point and two goals to show for their first six games any kind of scalp.

Fair point. When was the last time a side came up having completed dominated the league below in a record breaking season? I think had we lost more than Clark and Robinson our expectations might have been lower.I think its probably fair to say that this years "1st" is the most even in a long time.

Find that an extraordinary thing for you to say that you don't consider St.Mirren as any kind of scalp at all. Can I remind you that beating teams in the premier league is not a common occurence to us and you , being a similar sort of age to me , would know fine well that . This was a team that won the League Cup around six months ago and have good players albeit short on confidence . I will never take for granted beating an SPL side and enjoy all of our victories over them.