The Queen of the South thread

No doubt to me that we would be better off at this stage under AJ than JM. As new managers do , McIntyre has been trying things out and a few haven't come off . Initially keeping Durnan out has cost us I'd say as Livvy wouldn't have scored three against us . Playing Ryan in midfield has not helped us either . AJ, knows the team inside out, wouldn't have experimented like that and had a settled team from the start. On the plus side , there are signs McIntyre is getting to grips with things now and knowing his team better. Still puzzled about Carmichael and Mitchell though.

Noticed Lee Robinson has only played 2 games for his new club in Sweden this season not even on the bench last week. There last game is on 2nd Nov I wonder if we might see him return?

I'd like to, whether he'd want to come back is a different matter.

Noticed Lee Robinson has only played 2 games for his new club in Sweden this season not even on the bench last week. There last game is on 2nd Nov I wonder if we might see him return?

he wouldn't be able to return until january in any case. Not that I think he will at all.

I think something might have been lost in translation. I don't remember this happening!

http://www.ostersundsfk.se/?page_id=9890

During the last season, Lee played a crucial role in Queen of the South could go up to div 1 again. Moreover, he did a fantastic job as Queen of the South won the League Cup in Scotland by winning over Partick Thistle. A match that went to extra time and shootout. Lee took a penalty during regular time, took two penalties in the shootout and he also kind a penalty!

Edited by Swarley

This is getting tiresome.

It wasn't true when opposition fans accused us of wild claims about winning the league, and it's still not true now that it's some of our own doing the same. Unless someone wants to find some evidence to support their claims? Thought not.

The only thing being demanded of the manager is that he gives us as good a chance as possible of doing well, by playing to our strengths.

As demands go, I don't think that's too outrageous.

If you want to look back to the pages in pre season pages where fans were suggesting as a minimum requirement we were expected to finish In the playoffs due to this being " as poor a first division as there's been" and I was criticised for saying that as a minimum requirement should be avoiding relegation as a new club in the division, I can't be bothered flicking back. In all my time watching queens we have never expected anything and have never been a team that's came across as arrogant. I always used to enjoy standing on the terraces not knowing what to expect and having that same atmosphere around me. I went to 2 games last season in the league and disliked every moment of them as the sense of expectancy was clear and made for a shite atmosphere. I personally feel that we are becoming an arrogant monster and it genuinely concerns me. On what I have witnessed this season there is no reason why queens can't finish in the top 4 but in no way should we be expecting it.

Lee is currently out injured.

For what it's worth, even if he wanted to come back to the UK when his season finishes, he wouldn't be allowed to sign for anyone professionally until January 1st.

Nice one.

I only find out tit bits of info! I knew he was going to Sweden before it was public and that he really enjoyed his time at Palmerston but he hated the drive down and, if he had stayed in Scotland, that a club closer to Glasgow was his preference.

No doubt to me that we would be better off at this stage under AJ than JM. As new managers do , McIntyre has been trying things out and a few haven't come off . Initially keeping Durnan out has cost us I'd say as Livvy wouldn't have scored three against us . Playing Ryan in midfield has not helped us either . AJ, knows the team inside out, wouldn't have experimented like that and had a settled team from the start. On the plus side , there are signs McIntyre is getting to grips with things now and knowing his team better. Still puzzled about Carmichael and Mitchell though.

Good post JRS, my thoughts entirely.

Que the howls of derision from those opposed to free speech!!!

Edited by Mustafa_sheet

Good post JRS, my thoughts entirely.

Que the howls of derision from those opposed to free speech!!!

As such, I'm told the Saudi royal family would like to register their disapproval at JR's comments.