The Queen of the South thread

So we should overcharge our own fans at home games (for what is still only championship level football) just because they get overcharged at away games?

My OP suggested a £15-£17-£19 sliding scale so - on average - the home support pays £17. You would not lose or gain a single penny if you went to every home game and paid on the gate.

If the much-lauded former Director Robertson was still on board, he would undoubtedly advocate maximising revenues wherever possible.... :blink:

Spoke to a couple of OAP's last night who said they and a few fellow supporters will not be renewing season tickets this coming season as they don't want the hassle of big crowds, potential trouble and fighting, heavy policing, traffic and parking issues etc. They also think they won't get thier normal seats in the new stand. As a result they believe they will be able to watch some of these games on TV and will pick and choose which games they go to next season. What they also said was if they get a wet saturday afternoon they just won't go so income to Quens will be down. These were guys in their 70's who have been going for more years than I can remember. Maybe cheaper season tickets fo OAP's

Spoke to a couple of OAP's last night who said they and a few fellow supporters will not be renewing season tickets this coming season as they don't want the hassle of big crowds, potential trouble and fighting, heavy policing, traffic and parking issues etc. They also think they won't get thier normal seats in the new stand. As a result they believe they will be able to watch some of these games on TV and will pick and choose which games they go to next season. What they also said was if they get a wet saturday afternoon they just won't go so income to Quens will be down. These were guys in their 70's who have been going for more years than I can remember. Maybe cheaper season tickets fo OAP's

That's a shame someone needs to reassure them that all their concerns have solutions and that they could miss out on a memorable season. I imagine they remember really big crowds at Palmerston years ago.

For me it's easy games v hibs hearts an that team fae govan their fans should be charged the same as what we get charged to get into their games

So have they not been to any of our cup games over the last 10 years where they wouldn't get their own seat. Tell them to grow a pair and renew their season books. God forbid they went to the shops and there was an accident that made them sit in traffic for longer than 5 minutes. For the potential fighting oh ffs it's not the 70's/80's anymore can't imagine Rangers, Hearts and Hibs will be coming to wreck the town and be battering OAP's in the process.

Edited by Broony88

So have they not been to any of our cup games over the last 10 years where they wouldn't get their own seat. Tell them to grow a pair and renew their season books. God forbid they went to the shops and there was an accident that made them sit in traffic for longer than 5 minutes. For the potential fighting oh ffs it's not the 70's/80's anymore can't imagine Rangers, Hearts and Hibs will be coming to wreck the town and be battering OAP's in the process.

This exactly . These are different days from when I was a teenager in the 80's where trouble was common enough. Even the rangers won't cause enough bother for concern.

That's a shame someone needs to reassure them that all their concerns have solutions and that they could miss out on a memorable season. I imagine they remember really big crowds at Palmerston years ago.

It does seem a bit strange and a bit irrational not to renew for the reasons given. Particularly as we have welcomed all three clubs to Palmerston without a hint of trouble since the dark days of the late 70's early 80's

However, I'm sure if they raised their concerns with the club they would be reassured.

Of course they could still renew and go somewhere a bit more sedate on a Saturday when the bad uns' from Glasgow and Edinburgh come to town!

It does seem a bit strange and a bit irrational not to renew for the reasons given. Particularly as we have welcomed all three clubs to Palmerston without a hint of trouble since the dark days of the late 70's early 80's

However, I'm sure if they raised their concerns with the club they would be reassured.

Of course they could still renew and go somewhere a bit more sedate on a Saturday when the bad uns' from Glasgow and Edinburgh come to town!

I remember a SC tie against Well at the start of 1980 at Palmerston. Queens fans on one side , police line in middle and Well on the other, all in the covered end. Both sets swapped concrete missiles and bottles for much of the game.

I remember a SC tie against Well at the start of 1980 at Palmerston. Queens fans on one side , police line in middle and Well on the other, all in the covered end. Both sets swapped concrete missiles and bottles for much of the game.

I remember that too. However, as you said earlier on that was the norm back then. The Hearts cup matches in particular spring to mind. However, Killie, Partick and St.Mirren all provoked similar exchanges too.

That is how it was back then and for a few seasons it didn't matter who visited there would always be a battle.

Thankfully things have changed. Nobody, whatever their age should have reservations about going to a game in Scotland.

Edited by qos_75

Amazing to think now that it was legal to take cans and bottles of booze into the football back then. This situation didn't last much longer after this particular game though as the conclusion to the 79-80 season Sco Cup was the Old Firm riot at Hampden. Drink ( taken into game ) being banned immediately after the post match inquest.