The Queen of the South thread

The way some posters are going on about this season's Championship being a once in a lifetime opportunity to cash in on the bigger crowds seems to suggest that they have already decided that the outcome of the league is a foregone conclusion and some of the clubs with bigger supports will only be with us for one season. If rangers enter administration they will suffer a points deduction which will seriously hinder their title aspirations and even if that scenario does not happen who's to say that they, or Hearts or Hibs are guaranteed to go up (or down). If one or two clubs outwith those three can mount a serious challenge, hopefully QoS will be one of them, then we may have further seasons to look forward to big crowds.

The way some posters are going on about this season's Championship being a once in a lifetime opportunity to cash in on the bigger crowds seems to suggest that they have already decided that the outcome of the league is a foregone conclusion and some of the clubs with bigger supports will only be with us for one season. If rangers enter administration they will suffer a points deduction which will seriously hinder their title aspirations and even if that scenario does not happen who's to say that they, or Hearts or Hibs are guaranteed to go up (or down). If one or two clubs outwith those three can mount a serious challenge, hopefully QoS will be one of them, then we may have further seasons to look forward to big crowds.

Who mentioned it's a "once in a lifetime opportunity" because I certainly didn't and I don't see anybody else saying that either?!!!

Who mentioned it's a "once in a lifetime opportunity" because I certainly didn't and I don't see anybody else saying that either?!!!

To be fair to ftb big rubber fist said this.

I think the point about what teams will charge visiting Queens fans is a good one. IF Hibs, Hearts and Rangers go with £20 then I think we're entitled to charge higher for those games. However I disagree with charging more just because those games may bring in more fans, even if economic theory suggests we should.

I said 'once-in-a-generation', but thanks for misquoting. Anyway, I stand by it.

You're correct about Sevco, but in all likelihood that still leaves the other two in the champions/playoff positions. The BoD have to maximise income wherever and whenever they can in order to maintain our competitiveness both on and off the 3G.

We've got guaranteed income this season, but no guarantee of a bumper payday the season after next. I say make hay!

Edited by BigRubberFist

I think the idea of charging a couple of quid more for visits from the big three is not a bad idea. They will bring crowds we haven't seen in the league for decades and who cares how long they are here for it is a chance to make money. If we priced the category A games at £19 (Rangers, Hearts and Hibs) B games at £17 (Raith, Falkirk,Livingston,Dumbarton) and then do a special £14/15 for the games versus the C rated teams Cowden and Alloa (the two smallest away supports)

Let's not try and confuse matters .

Keep one price for ALL games

Lets keep t he same price for all games Queens could make a extra £50,000 but it is not the right thing to do.❗

Next thing it will be let the Rangers /Hearts and Hibs support in for £10 so that they are happy‼‼‼‼????????????

Edited by Northfield 53

I'd keep it the same as long as the big clubs are letting us in for a reasonable amount. Just because Hibs, Hearts and Rangers are bigger clubs doesn't mean their fans are making as much money as their players; they shouldn't be punished for supporting a bigger club. If QoS were to be relegated into the 3rd division and we were charged £17 to away grounds, with every other set of away fans charged £12 then I'm sure we'd all have a big issue with it.

It is the size of their support.

You are talking at over £20,000 away fans in the 6 games we must when we have this chance make as much money as we can.

It will cost more money in police and stewards for the big games so that is why we must charge more money.

I'd keep it the same as long as the big clubs are letting us in for a reasonable amount. Just because Hibs, Hearts and Rangers are bigger clubs doesn't mean their fans are making as much money as their players; they shouldn't be punished for supporting a bigger club. If QoS were to be relegated into the 3rd division and we were charged £17 to away grounds, with every other set of away fans charged £12 then I'm sure we'd all have a big issue with it.

This is it exactly . Fans of the rangers for example shouldn't get charged more to get into Palmerston than say Dumbarton supporters . Just should not happen.

Lets keep t he same price for all games Queens could make a extra £50,000 but it is not the right thing to do.❗

Next thing it will be let the Rangers /Hearts and Hibs support in for £10 so that they are happy‼‼‼‼

Our game is already overpriced and you want to increase prices for certain games !!!!

You're a toggle short of a duffle coat sometimes Northfield

Fans of the rangers for example shouldn't get charged more to get into Palmerston than say Dumbarton supporters . Just should not happen.

....and how much will Queens and Dumbarton fans be charged to get into the Big Hoose?

What goes around should come around, imo - we shouldn't be a soft touch for Sevco/Hibs/Hearts fans wanting to see their teams on the cheap.

....and how much will Queens and Dumbarton fans be charged to get into the Big Hoose?

What goes around should come around, imo - we shouldn't be a soft touch for Sevco/Hibs/Hearts fans wanting to see their teams on the cheap.

So we should overcharge our own fans at home games (for what is still only championship level football) just because they get overcharged at away games?

Of course they should, The Rangers fans will have flares, sing sectarian songs and break seats which will increase policing costs. Our fans on the otherhand are a lovely peaceful bunch who never cause trouble and hence need less Police and stewards resulting in lower costs and entry fees.

Don't see the link between overcharging fans just because their owners have higher admission prices . Nothing to do with them and they will not be any wealthier on average than we are . Flat rate at Palmerston for all league games is my opinion. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG