The Queen of the South thread

I am looking forward to the game tomorrow at Galabank.

Hope there is a good support coming from Dumfries.

The front Lounge is open all game and the Dance Hall and Front Lounge are both open after the game.

Players I can make out,

Jamie Poole

Ian McShane

Dan Carmichael

5 or 6 is Steven Black

Andy Millen

11 is maybe Gav Reilly

Steven Black is No 5 by the looks of it. I think 11 is Kevin Holt though it's not easy to tell. It does look like it's largely been the former 19's side that played with some trialists. Odd choice. As Alloa are the probably the strongest side we'll play pre-season (or maybe Annan are), and it was genuinely closed door, I'd have thought he'd have used it to field a strong side and see where we are at.

Steven Black is No 5 by the looks of it. I think 11 is Kevin Holt though it's not easy to tell. It does look like it's largely been the former 19's side that played with some trialists. Odd choice. As Alloa are the probably the strongest side we'll play pre-season (or maybe Annan are), and it was genuinely closed door, I'd have thought he'd have used it to field a strong side and see where we are at.

Id have thought he'd want to field his strongest side on Saturday when the public are around. Fielding a bunch of U19s and trialists and getting humped by Annan wouldnt do much for season ticket sales!

Surprised more trialists didnt play last night. No chance of anyone naming them or taking pictures ... oops :lol:

Steven Black is number 2. McGowan is number 5 wink.gif

Gus has already told a couple of the young lads to look for another club and I believe Kevin McCann won't be signing either . I believe he was wanting too much money :(

Makes sense. didnt really think we could have a great chance of getting him, also mcguffie was offered a deal and he can play that side, ryan mccann is also up for grabs. I think we need still need a goalkeeper, 2 strikers possibly, 2 wingers. In my opinion. unless weatherson resigns then we would have cover as he can play upfront too. Possibly another left sided player instead although people seem to think mcglaughln can cover there, so maybe that would be enough.

I'm still baffled why McGuffie hasn't signed yet ? Do you think he's waiting for a better offer ???

Wouldn't be surprised if Tom Brighton is offered a contract if he does well against Annan tomorrow ..!! ;)

Edited by the_vortex

I'm still baffled why McGuffie hasn't signed yet ? Do you think he's waiting for a better offer ???

Wouldn't be surprised if Tom Brighton is offered a contract if he does well against Annan tomorrow ..!! ;)

Well his terms will have been reduced, so maybe he doesnt think its the right deal for him. Think your right about brighton. lots of people have said that injuries have fucked him, but with a strongpre season behind him, maybe gus can get the best out of him. Any more news on the rumours about mcusker coming to us?

Edited by QosLoyal

Well his terms will have been reduced, so maybe he doesnt think its the right deal for him. Think your right about brighton. lots of people have said that injuries have fucked him, but with a strongpre season behind him, maybe gus can get the best out of him. Any more news on the rumours about mcusker coming to us?

Yes ;)

Edited by Mr X

Mark Ridgers of Hearts could be your keeper, perhaps?

we've had him on trial for a few games. Came on against Hibernian last Saturday and was absoloutly garbage. Surely QOTS can do better than him.

Question is, where are these three signings Gus? You promised!!!!

This is turning into the 14/15/16/goalkeeper saga!:angry:

Patience. All will be revealed very soon!!