The Queen of the South thread

The team according to some EK based Queens fan, I have since heard the keeper was Ross Hyslop rather than someone from Falkirk.

According to wikipedia, he is now part of the squad Link

Are there online UK shops that sell past seasons Queens gear?

No.

Unless you mean 50's and 60's shirts as sold by TOFFS. Certainly in the 17 years or so I've been involved the club has been the only outlet for Queens gear, prior to this coming season. Any local shops which also sold it got it from the club. There is still some of last seasons gear in the club shop at Palmerston but otherwise I'd guess your only hope for older Queens gear is ebay or the MAD board.

:lol:

I take wikipedia with a grain of salt as well.

If wikipedia told me today was Sunday I would check a calander.

I for one would hope that Ross Hyslop isn't signed. He is hopeless & suffers from what is a major deficiency for a goalkeeper...he can't catch a ball :ph34r: If the trialist goalkeeper released by Falkirk is Jamie Barclay I would again be concerned. He is pretty hopeless too!

it was Michael Andrews, not Jamie Barclay.

Bit harsh to say either is hopeless - both are capped by Scotland at U19 I think it is

Havent seen either of them much 'live' but any time I did in the lower divisions I thought both looked promising for young keepers. Not sure why Falkirk didnt keep at least one of them, cant imagine they would have been on big money

it was Michael Andrews, not Jamie Barclay.

Bit harsh to say either is hopeless - both are capped by Scotland at U19 I think it is

Havent seen either of them much 'live' but any time I did in the lower divisions I thought both looked promising for young keepers. Not sure why Falkirk didnt keep at least one of them, cant imagine they would have been on big money

East Stirling fans on here certainly rated both

East Stirling are the second worst team in Scotland and I guess their keepers get lots of practise. I thought Andrews had signed for Montrose?

I would expect Queens to get an experienced number one in on loan.

No.

Unless you mean 50's and 60's shirts as sold by TOFFS. Certainly in the 17 years or so I've been involved the club has been the only outlet for Queens gear, prior to this coming season. Any local shops which also sold it got it from the club. There is still some of last seasons gear in the club shop at Palmerston but otherwise I'd guess your only hope for older Queens gear is ebay or the MAD board.

Cheers.

Not much happening on ebay, most people are only selling football programmes. A few kits from a couple of years back & that's about it, even then i think they are over priced.

Cheers.

Not much happening on ebay, most people are only selling football programmes. A few kits from a couple of years back & that's about it, even then i think they are over priced.

Nobody will want them come Christmas, it looks like we will be doon by then anyway gan by what has been signed up till now. :angry:

Got to say I slightly agree with truthys assessment. Apart from Smith none of these signings particularly excite me. Simmons was pants in his first spell, Ayr fans are relieved to see McLaughlin move on, Higgins I think will be alrite no more no less. Out of the trialists Brighton was woeful at Stirling last year and I just hope it was down to a lack of match practise rather than him being past it. Ryan McCann is fairly rubbish, not sure about Clark and Poole. We MUST keep Weatherston as he is one of our most dangerous players.

Got to say I slightly agree with truthys assessment. Apart from Smith none of these signings particularly excite me. Simmons was pants in his first spell, Ayr fans are relieved to see McLaughlin move on, Higgins I think will be alrite no more no less. Out of the trialists Brighton was woeful at Stirling last year and I just hope it was down to a lack of match practise rather than him being past it. Ryan McCann is fairly rubbish, not sure about Clark and Poole. We MUST keep Weatherston as he is one of our most dangerous players.

one or two aye, theres quite a few i'v spoken too who are unhappy about him leaving for us.

What deadwood is this, I am actually happy with the quality. 3 months ago I was almost suicidal at the thought of a squad like Cowden last year.

He/she/it doesnt deserve a decent response.