The Queen of the South thread

Potentially adecent enough squad with some flexibilty albeit as you say dependant on a number of possible signings still being made. We currently have IMHO a substandard keeper with no 2nd keeper. I`ll reserve judgement until some further signings confirmed.

Good point. I have castigated McKenzie before and must have forgotten to do so this time. I'm not sure how good Jamie Barclay is but if he was released by Falkirk that does not bode well. Of course, his signing is yet to be confirmed.

Think Barclay may of signed for Berwick Rangers now. Also has Chris Higgins been officially confirmed as signing? I notice on the official site player profiles that Nicky Clark is there but Higgins is still not there, does that mean he is yet to put pen to paper?

Think Barclay may of signed for Berwick Rangers now. Also has Chris Higgins been officially confirmed as signing? I notice on the official site player profiles that Nicky Clark is there but Higgins is still not there, does that mean he is yet to put pen to paper?

Colin P doesn't know everything. ;) I don't think Barclay was ever offered a deal and he wasn't part of the squad at Palmerston yesterday.

Higgins is signed. If he's missing from the OS it's an oversight. There are a few tidy ups to do with player contracts in the next few days. The position with the former 19's has been sorted out but not publicly confirmed as yet. I believe it is the James McGowan who was here who has joined Kettering though having made some further enquiries.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

:bairn:yucky:exclaim

:lol:

Colin P doesn't know everything. ;) I don't think Barclay was ever offered a deal and he wasn't part of the squad at Palmerston yesterday.

Higgins is signed. If he's missing from the OS it's an oversight. There are a few tidy ups to do with player contracts in the next few days. The position with the former 19's has been sorted out but not publicly confirmed as yet. I believe it is the James McGowan who was here who has joined Kettering though having made some further enquiries.

Hes not missing :whistle

In fact, they never did.

We've had the wall of silence. It's now time we went in for some serious Stalinist re-writing of history.

I like that idea :lol:

Well that section of the site is no use to me, what ammo do I have no when some slags class like Willie and Holmer!

Keep your own stats then :P

Shortly, the stats page will change to this seasons games anyway. At some point, the option to view previous seasons will appear .. probably!

edited to add - hows that? Is that better?

Edited by Mr X

Ayr or the Wickerman?

Not sure yet, trying to behave after last weekend

See people who can't spell his name and mix him up with Weatherson though; these are the people I can't forgive.

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT!

That also also annoyed the shit out of me, can't imagine it being much of a problem anytime soon

I hope we re-sign Peter Dickson, now that would be something. :lol:

He was driving a taxi I got in glasgow late one evening, either that or I dreamt it

Well that section of the site is no use to me, what ammo do I have no when some slags class like Willie and Holmer!

You'd be better off making Holmes stats up, as I'd imagine the real numbers wouldn't be worth defending

Although your right, about Willie Mclaren being class

Its been alluded to on MAD - theres even a "bring back Weatherson" thread :rolleyes: Cant say Im overly surprised, or that bothered, to be honest. Hope he finds another club and Id prefer it not to be a first division club! As much as Im not overly fussed that hes gone, I think he's a player who would come back to haunt us.

So, if the rumoured signings do sign, plus MCusker (hey lets be optimistic :lol: ) then we'd be lining up something like this

-------------------------McKenzie

McGuffie-------Reid---------Campbell----Higgins

Carmichael----Simmons----McKenna----Clark

------------------Brighton-----Smith

That would leave a bench of

Johnston

Alan Reid

McLaughlin

McCann

McCusker

I know that's just a guess, but from what i hear, he see's Dan C upfront not on the wing, i've heard this from at least 3 or 4 people now. It makes sense for him to be a winger, dont get me wrong it's where i'd have him in the current squad we have, if he's no there i don't see much threat coming from the midfield. It'll be very industrious, but no flair or creativeness for me if hes not in although peterhead fans seem to rate nicky clark but then again they said not on the wing, so maybe we'll see us shaping up in a 3-5-2 although Gus did state at forum it'll be 4-4-2 but looking at the players we have, we probably suit a 3-5-2

I know that's just a guess, but from what i hear, he see's Dan C upfront not on the wing, i've heard this from at least 3 or 4 people now. It makes sense for him to be a winger, dont get me wrong it's where i'd have him in the current squad we have, if he's no there i don't see much threat coming from the midfield. It'll be very industrious, but no flair or creativeness for me if hes not in although peterhead fans seem to rate nicky clark but then again they said not on the wing, so maybe we'll see us shaping up in a 3-5-2 although Gus did state at forum it'll be 4-4-2 but looking at the players we have, we probably suit a 3-5-2

Yeah, Ive heard the same about Carmichael. However, we've gone through part of pre-season with only one trialist striker available and the other part with only one trialist and Smith. IF Brighton and McCusker sign that would leave Danny as 4th choice centre forward. That doesnt really make sense to me

Yeah, Ive heard the same about Carmichael. However, we've gone through part of pre-season with only one trialist striker available and the other part with only one trialist and Smith. IF Brighton and McCusker sign that would leave Danny as 4th choice centre forward. That doesnt really make sense to me

I Definetly agree with your point of view Mr X, I see him the right wing after last year...could do with his creativeness in midfield, if he doesn't looks like we'll be going with 4 centre mids in midfield which would suggest a narrow, compact midfield. Maybe looking for full back to get forward god knows, we'll see what happens i guess!

Or 4-5-1.

Not with Carmichael up front, Id hope.

A lot depends on who actually signs this week, I guess. If McCusker and Brighton sign, it would seem a bit strange to then play only 1 up front, with 3 out and out strikers in the squad. If neither, or only one, sign then that might be more likely.