The Queen of the South thread

Pleased to get Brighton on board, assuming it is true. St Mirren fans appear to rate him after his short spell their, and after getting a full (and fairly successful) pre-season under his belt I expect he will be more like the player they saw, than the unfit, injury-ravaged dud that appeared for Dundee and Stirling last season.

Confirmed in today`s Herald. One year deal.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Confirmed in today`s Herald. One year deal.

I'll wait until it's on the OS before getting his name printed on my shirt just in case!

I actually thought he would've been signed up earlier tbh, as soon as he started training with us, and then continued to do so I never thought it was in doubt that he would join. Proving his fitness I suppose.

I'll wait until it's on the OS before getting his name printed on my shirt just in case!

I actually thought he would've been signed up earlier tbh, as soon as he started training with us, and then continued to do so I never thought it was in doubt that he would join. Proving his fitness I suppose.

As if by magic ;)

I saw two different ECK registered cars in town this morning.

What!? I knew the Villa fans were angry, but surely we have to give Gus some time to assemble his squad.

Now we've lost Robert/Bob/Boab/Rob Harris we've got a new conundrum, is it Thomas, Tom or Tam Brighton?

Surely folk aren't falling for the Fleck rumour? He's been linked with a loan move to us since he was just a nipper playing for Sperm United! Also the day he was supposedly in Dumfries he was on the bench for Rangers down in Blackpool. (A game that Harris played in as well).

Edited by palmy_cammy

Mmmm, not sure.

I've not seen the pre-season games, but apparently, he's done quite well.

I'd be more excited to see McCusker sign to be honest, but I'm still at the 'In Gus we Trust' stage so I'm happy enough.

if you cant get both Brighton and McCusker...the goals will flow

It goes a long way to disproving KB's "anti-Weatherston" agenda though surely? Or did he only form the agenda after joining Queens and picking it up from Chisholm who must've had the same dislike for poor wee middle class Davie, because he also chose to not play him regularly?

Or could it in fact just be the case that Weatherston although excellent on the very odd occasion is overall an average player in this league, whose cons outweigh the pros and is therefore hard to justify paying a wage to in financially tight times? The fact that after three seasons no-one is terribly sure where his best position tells a story about the impact he has made.

Listen, as my other posts would indicate, I'm not one of those that's gutted that Weatherston's been released. I'm not delighted by it either, but I'd go along with your assessment of him as "overall an average player".

However, I do think that it's perfectly possible that KB didn't deal very well with him and had a bit of a hang up about Weatherston's middle class background. Like you, I've really no idea whether this is true or not, but I'm prepared to believe it might be as it's been suggested by someone claiming inside knowledge.

As MB says, perhaps its time we dropped the whole Brannigan discussions. I was glad to see the back of him, but others weren't.

The fact is that he's been replaced and there's a new start to look forward to.

Listen, as my other posts would indicate, I'm not one of those that's gutted that Weatherston's been released. I'm not delighted by it either, but I'd go along with your assessment of him as "overall an average player".

However, I do think that it's perfectly possible that KB didn't deal very well with him and had a bit of a hang up about Weatherston's middle class background. Like you, I've really no idea whether this is true or not, but I'm prepared to believe it might be as it's been suggested by someone claiming inside knowledge.

As MB says, perhaps its time we dropped the whole Brannigan discussions. I was glad to see the back of him, but others weren't.

The fact is that he's been replaced and there's a new start to look forward to.

Indeed, it's just getting a bit tiresome.

I'm looking forward to the new season and think with two or three additional signings we may even end up having a surprisingly good next few months.

Really need to get over this DW chat, he's gone...plenty better have left with minimal fuss!

To be honest, I think this season is going to be an absolute disaster, I simply do not like what we have signed. I honestly think it could go two ways though, either better than I would ever have thought or an incredibly disastrous season which culminates with McPherson either going to another team or being sacked before Christmas.

Hopefully neither which means thinks will be relatively tranquil. :ph34r:

Am I right in saying that our last five managers are not currently managing teams anywhere and that the last three are currently on the dole? :unsure:

Why limit it to five? So far as I know, no former Queens manager is currently in charge of a senior football club.

I'd be surprised if Chisholm is "on the dole". He has a property company I think so he probably is keeping himself busy until the next football opportunity comes along. No idea what KB or Ian McCall are doing.