The Queen of the South thread

Can we stop with this shit please, there is no evidence for it.

It's certainly not been conclusively proven, but at the same time, I wouldn't say there's absolutely no evidence for it.

KB's daft comments about "good, honest working class lads" are merely circumstantial.

There was however that fan of someone else who came on here a few weeks back. His story was that his parents were friendly with DW's and that he'd heard that KB tore into him relentlessly, citing such factors as background on a pretty constant basis.

Now as I'll readily concede, such third hand hearsay constitutes proof of nothing, but it is evidence of sorts, although its reliability is debatable.

Personally, I think it sounds fairly plausible - others will see it differently.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Erm... still a big impact.

Referring to McLaren as huffy is undermining your own argument as well because Weatherston almost as frequently could be found throwing his arms about and sporting a petted lip when things weren't going his way.

Here's the cold hard facts for you anyway:

Willie McLaren - very quickly snapped up by Hamilton, a team likely to be pushing for promotion from this league, and managed by the highly experienced, and respected Billy Reid.

David "Pele" Weatherston - A bit-part player under two different managers at Queens, not offered a new deal by a third.

I dont think there are any " pele`s" in this league .Weatherstons workrate and searing pace being his best attributes . McClaren could - quite often - not be bothered and still start the next game . You as a regular will know this happened on a regular basis . His ( WM) ability is not in doubt but I suspect his temperament is the reason he has had more clubs than Tiger Woods .----------------------------- If Weatherston threw his arms around off the pitch , it did not stop him bursting a gut on it . Brannigan showed out and out favouritism towards WM , of that there is no doubt. DW has had a rough ride in his time here and I wish him well for the future

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

It's certainly not been conclusively proven, but at the same time, I wouldn't say there's absolutely no evidence for it.

KB's daft comments about "good, honest working class lads" are merely circumstantial.

There was however that fan of someone else who came on here a few weeks back. His story was that his parents were friendly with DW's and that he'd heard that KB tore into him relentlessly, citing such factors as background on a pretty constant basis.

Now as I'll readily concede, such third hand hearsay constitutes proof of nothing, but it is evidence of sorts, although its reliability is debatable.

Personally, I think it sounds fairly plausible - others will see it differently.

More or less plausible than John Fleck signing because someone saw a car at Palmerston with a number plate that looked like it might be his?

In all this talk about silver spoons and working class lads, isnt it strange that McGuffie never gets mentioned? An intelligent guy, with a degree, who Brannigan played in several different positions just to get him in the team.

I dont think there are any " pele`s" in this league .Weatherstons workrate and searing pace being his best attributes . McClaren could - quite often - not be bothered and still start the next game . You as a regular will know this happened on a regular basis . His ( WM) ability is not in doubt but I suspect his temperament is the reason he has had more clubs than Tiger Woods .----------------------------- If Weatherston through his arms around off the pitch , it did not stop him bursting a gut on it . Brannigan showed out and out favouritism towards WM , of that there is no doubt. DW has had a rough ride in his time here and I wish him well for the future

Are we talking about the same player? Pace, absolutely, but workrate?

There was something very strange about Brannigan and McLarens "relationship"

I'm telling you, we should re-write the lot.

Last season should be completely erased. Coming as it did, straight after our glorious Champion's League Campaign, it was a huge letdown.

I gave up when the Board couldn't even be bothered to talk to Tevez, Ronaldo and Fabregas about extending their one year deals.

I think we'd all be as well not discussing KB as he is history, and we will never know the truth about what went on behind the scenes. As for David Weatherston, I would like him to remain at Palmerston, although also realise that he is far from the finished article. I think he should have had more time on the pitch over the past couple of seasons, but that was not my call to make. The raw pace he possesses is most definitely an asset at this level and has proved useful to us on a few occasions. If Gus does not think DW is worth a contract, I'll just have to lump it.

More or less plausible than John Fleck signing because someone saw a car at Palmerston with a number plate that looked like it might be his?

In all this talk about silver spoons and working class lads, isnt it strange that McGuffie never gets mentioned? An intelligent guy, with a degree, who Brannigan played in several different positions just to get him in the team.

Considerably more plausible I would say. That doesn't of course mean it's true. I was just taking issue with the idea that the assertion was based on nothing at all.

As for the McGuffie angle, I've said before that to expect anything from KB to smack of a consistent world view is fanciful.

The guy's a moron.

Considerably more plausible I would say. That doesn't of course mean it's true. I was just taking issue with the idea that the assertion was based on nothing at all.

As for the McGuffie angle, I've said before that to expect anything from KB to smack of a consistent world view is fanciful.

The guy's a moron.

Im not sure how one person on the internet claiming to have inside knowledge makes the claims any more plausible, to be honest.

Anyway, Tom Brighton?

Mmmm, not sure.

I've not seen the pre-season games, but apparently, he's done quite well.

I'd be more excited to see McCusker sign to be honest, but I'm still at the 'In Gus we Trust' stage so I'm happy enough.

I've only seen the one pre-season game. Trust me, Brighton looked a lot better than he did for Stirling last season.

Agree about McCusker though.

Are we talking about the same player? Pace, absolutely, but workrate?

There was something very strange about Brannigan and McLarens "relationship"

Ok Andy , we will have to agree to disagree on some things

I do believe he did.

This in itself also proves nothing though.

It goes a long way to disproving KB's "anti-Weatherston" agenda though surely? Or did he only form the agenda after joining Queens and picking it up from Chisholm who must've had the same dislike for poor wee middle class Davie, because he also chose to not play him regularly?

Or could it in fact just be the case that Weatherston although excellent on the very odd occasion is overall an average player in this league, whose cons outweigh the pros and is therefore hard to justify paying a wage to in financially tight times? The fact that after three seasons no-one is terribly sure where his best position tells a story about the impact he has made.

Pleased to get Brighton on board, assuming it is true. St Mirren fans appear to rate him after his short spell their, and after getting a full (and fairly successful) pre-season under his belt I expect he will be more like the player they saw, than the unfit, injury-ravaged dud that appeared for Dundee and Stirling last season.