The Queen of the South thread

I'd like to buy an away top but the Total Teamware site doesn't allow a non UK address to be registered. Boo hiss <_<

Anyone know if you can still order stuff direct from John at the Club Shop, like what we used to be able to do?

I thought our defence for 90 minutes was pretty solid, two lapses in extra time are slightly worrying but first game i hope its just a bit of rustiness. Midfield are so defensive is pretty scary, not much attacking threat or spark in there, i hope its something gus sorts out, as it's badly needed, not really much to comment on strikers i think the lack of creativeness is going to effect them. I just hope it's something we rectify, as the initial night mins wasn't terrible, there was some positives..although i think after saturday somerset is somewhere we can pick up 4/6 points in league as i don't think there upto much, but they are probably saying same about us!

As I said in one of the match threads, Im not sure the lack of width / attacking threat in midfield is something Gus sees the need to "sort out". It looked very much part of the game plan on Saturday - keep it tight and see what the strikers could create. I think its something we might see quite often, the strikers pretty much expected to get on with it without much support. Of course, we have options like Clark and Carmichael so Gus could choose to have more creativity in the team if he wants. Im not sure he'll take that option very often though

I'd like to buy an away top but the Total Teamware site doesn't allow a non UK address to be registered. Boo hiss <_<

Anyone know if you can still order stuff direct from John at the Club Shop, like what we used to be able to do?

Not online you cant. The only online orders, for Joma kit, will be through Total Teamware.

The Club Shop will have stock of both home and away kits - they'll be available for Saturdays Stranraer game - so I guess its possible they might agree to post one internationally.

Not online you cant. The only online orders, for Joma kit, will be through Total Teamware.

The Club Shop will have stock of both home and away kits - they'll be available for Saturdays Stranraer game - so I guess its possible they might agree to post one internationally.

Jaysus what a farce I thought the club had put last season's disasters behind them? just another sign of the amateurish...... :rolleyes:

I'll email my pal Mr Paterson and he'll see me right.

Absolutely! Dont get me wrong, Im not saying I agree with it, just that I get the feeling it was a very deliberate ploy on Saturday.

I couldn't understand what you were talking about regarding sending Queens tops abroad. :(

This is all too confusing having everything on the same thread. :(

Oh that's garbage, i wanted to purchase one :angry:

We'll just have to make sure your private jet leaves 10 mins earlier on Sat so we can pop into the Club Shop!

Ah yes, the old jet :P

Have sent off an e-mail to Total Teamware about the issue, hopefully i hear some good news back.

How appropiate these new AC Milan style tops are for us. Suits are cattenacio tactics perfectly

Lets not jump to conclusion after one game, i like everyone was disappointed with saturday, but Gus seems to have seen the same game as us and knows the problems, lets give him a chance to rectify the flaws from saturdays performance christ it was the first game for the team together, we'll have a couple of additions hopefully to come in (attacking midfielders please :D ). Lets be honest i can't see us conceding a lot atm, even with saturdays final score line, during the 90 we never had a terrible lot to deal with...but as an attacking threat were needing either more width or a man floating behind strikers as a link for me

Lets not jump to conclusion after one game, i like everyone was disappointed with saturday, but Gus seems to have seen the same game as us and knows the problems, lets give him a chance to rectify the flaws from saturdays performance christ it was the first game for the team together, we'll have a couple of additions hopefully to come in (attacking midfielders please :D ). Lets be honest i can't see us conceding a lot atm, even with saturdays final score line, during the 90 we never had a terrible lot to deal with...but as an attacking threat were needing either more width or a man floating behind strikers as a link for me

Doubt that, Ryan mccann was offered a deal, and i would imagine another goalkeeper then thats the sqaud we'l run with.

It was Ayrs first game together too.

The only contract offer outstanding is to Ryan Mccann. If he signs in can see that being our squad complete, with the possible exception of a second keeper. I wouldn't hold out too much hope of addding more attacking options.

It was Ayrs first game together too.

The only contract offer outstanding is to Ryan Mccann. If he signs in can see that being our squad complete, with the possible exception of a second keeper. I wouldn't hold out too much hope of addding more attacking options.

It wasn't really Ayr's first game together though. Most of that squad were together last season. It wasn't the wholesale change that we had. Cuthbert, Robertson, Burke and Wardlaw were making debuts I think.

The squad is actually already bigger than I thought it would be if McCann is signed. Even if he doesn't presumably there's a wage in the budget for someone. With McCusker injured and no 2nd keeper yet we still had 14 "senior" players included at the weekend. We went through the second half of last season with 15 senior players (not counting the semi-retired Scally). We have 15 already now, an offer out to McCann, and a keeper to come. That's without mentioning the former 19's, most of whom are now too old to be considered anything other than seniors.

I'm surprised how big the squad is. I'd have expected 11 or 12 experienced pros supplemented by the former 19's.

It wasn't really Ayr's first game together though. Most of that squad were together last season. It wasn't the wholesale change that we had. Cuthbert, Robertson, Burke and Wardlaw were making debuts I think.

The squad is actually already bigger than I thought it would be if McCann is signed. Even if he doesn't presumably there's a wage in the budget for someone. With McCusker injured and no 2nd keeper yet we still had 14 "senior" players included at the weekend. We went through the second half of last season with 15 senior players (not counting the semi-retired Scally). We have 15 already now, an offer out to McCann, and a keeper to come. That's without mentioning the former 19's, most of whom are now too old to be considered anything other than seniors.

I'm surprised how big the squad is. I'd have expected 11 or 12 experienced pros supplemented by the former 19's.

Correct SD, not wholesale changes like ourselves....i'm kind of hoping rumours are true that ryan has went back to ayr to train, as we need a creative spark in midfield rather than anything else.

Correct SD, not wholesale changes like ourselves....i'm kind of hoping rumours are true that ryan has went back to ayr to train, as we need a creative spark in midfield rather than anything else.

Where you see/hear this ? Would love it him to re-sign as I think he is just the kind of player we need in the middle of the park.

Five of our starting line-up were at the club last season. So six players making debuts, versus four for Ayr. Not really much different, certainly not enough to use as an excuse for defeat.

Five of our starting line-up were at the club last season. So six players making debuts, versus four for Ayr. Not really much different, certainly not enough to use as an excuse for defeat.

Whilst that's true, it doesn't really reflect the fact one was reserve keeper, and at least two of the other four (three if you count Johnston) were playing in positions they didn't play last season generally. More importantly it doesn't reflect the fact the management has changed also, with it changing the playing style and the knowledge of the existing players. Ayr's hadn't.

I'm not trying to use it as an excuse for defeat anyway, just saying that it's a little misleading to suggest it was the "first game" together for both squads.

Whilst that's true, it doesn't really reflect the fact one was reserve keeper, and at least two of the other four (three if you count Johnston) were playing in positions they didn't play last season generally. More importantly it doesn't reflect the fact the management has changed also, with it changing the playing style and the knowledge of the existing players. Ayr's hadn't.

I'm not trying to use it as an excuse for defeat anyway, just saying that it's a little misleading to suggest it was the "first game" together for both squads.

All true. I just think describing a side with 6 changes as "wholesale" while ignoring the fact that the other side had only two less, is wrong.

Ayr had a new keeper, new central defence, new central midfield and new strike partnership. Thats pretty "wholesale" in my opinion.