The Queen of the South thread

What's Queen's fans opinions on David Weatherston? According to a local paper he's training with us, and we might be looking to take him on.

Very excititing player to watch given his awesome pace. He works his socks off and is often on the end of bad tackles due to the simple fact not many players can keep up with him. This can be useful as he often wins free kicks in dangerous areas. His goals to starts ratio is also very impressive and he seems to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time. If his finishing was up to scratch then he could well of had significantly more goals but at least he gets the chances. When he was missing towards the end of last season his absence was very apparent. Even not being able to have him on the bench affected us as his pace could really make tiring players suffer. At times he doesn't concerve his energy efficiently and therefore can be knackered after an hour but on the whole he is a smasing player. I definitely would have him over McLaren any day

What's Queen's fans opinions on David Weatherston? According to a local paper he's training with us, and we might be looking to take him on.

He has incredible pace and that's easily his best trait. His control is poor, he doesn't have a football brain, he has no composure - I'd imagine if it was possible to got through his goals, most of them would have been quick shots where he didn't have time to think about what he was doing, can't header, generally blowing out his arse after a short period of time. He did give effort though and certaintly never went in a huff as previously stated, I think the poster got confused with McLaren there.

He would be a good squad player as his pace is worth having him alone. He is easily more effective coming on after 70 minutes as his pace can destroy tiring defences. I don't know how big a squad Falkirk will have next season, but if it's going to be small then Weatherston isn't really a luxury that can be afforded.

I won't be fearful of him next term, I can't recall him doing much damage against us when he was at Saints. A good kick from a centre-half early on will do the trick though as he is also a bit of a sh*tbag.

Having slated him, fair play to the guy for sticking around for so long, he wasn't best treated by Brannigan for whatever reason and certainly gave his all when he got a chance, he gained a lot more supporters I felt as a result of that, but that shouldn't cloud people's vision on his poor footballing abilities.

Well that depends on a number of factors. If the expected boost to the Scottish economy from Livi winning the Champions League materialises we should be okay.

You're just being silly now. It'll take Livi a while to get up to that level as they will be unable to stand in Iain Russell's way when Barcelona come calling looking to partner him with Messi and Villa. Once he departs progress will be slowed down a wee bit. Maybe give it 4 or 5 seasons until they win the Champions League.

You're just being silly now. It'll take Livi a while to get up to that level as they will be unable to stand in Iain Russell's way when Barcelona come calling looking to partner him with Messi and Villa. Once he departs progress will be slowed down a wee bit. Maybe give it 4 or 5 seasons until they win the Champions League.

My thoughts exactly.

Come on Skyline give me a break, why would you leave Livi for anyone, let alone those no-marks.

Come on Skyline give me a break, why would you leave Livi for anyone, let alone those no-marks.

Just the sort of reply you'd expect from a country yokel. :unsure:

No wonder new toons like Livi are walking all over dumps like Dumfries in both looks and imagination. :(

Just the sort of reply you'd expect from a country yokel. :unsure:

No wonder new toons like Livi are walking all over dumps like Dumfries in both looks and imagination. :(

What are you on about now? :lol:

Milton Keynes, nice.

Just remember when Wimbledon were withering away at Crystal Palace, they were not wanted in Merton. Now they are based in the modern enterprising city of Milton Keynes. The old works team of Ferranti Thistle moved out of the slums of Edinburgh into the new town of Livingston and are now thriving and have already won the League Cup.

Just take a look at Dumfries, Palmerston Park, in fact the whole working environment, quite frankly embarrassing. :(

Just remember when Wimbledon were withering away at Crystal Palace, they were not wanted in Merton. Now they are based in the modern enterprising city of Milton Keynes. The old works team of Ferranti Thistle moved out of the slums of Edinburgh into the new town of Livingston and are now thriving and have already won the League Cup.

Just take a look at Dumfries, Palmerston Park, in fact the whole working environment, quite frankly embarrassing. :(

Two administrations, thriving indeed.