The Queen of the South thread

No, he's definitely referring to a Queens fan seeing JR "second time around". He didn't have two spells with anyone else.

I am referring to Toms . I read the post on my phone and assumed that he was a Queens fan . I know you seen our promotion season in 85-6 with JR full flight . I have a wonderful space age phone now but alas it doesn`t tell you the individual posters team of choice . Hope this clears that up Ewan.

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I know, but I think he thought toms was a Queens fan. That's my reading of it anyway.

I am referring to Toms . I read the post on my phone and assumed that he was a Queens fan . I know you seen our promotion season in 85-6 with JR full flight . I have a wonderful space age phone now but alas it doesn`t tell you the individual posters team of choice . Hope this clears that up Ewan.

Ah, I see. Apologies, I forgot you can't see the "Team Supported" on a phone. I have one myself now so that really should have occurred to me! :lol:

My brother (who's under 16) asked me earlier today if he will have to take proof of age of himself even if he has a season ticket?

I asked the same earlier today as I was asked to find out for a couple of people. The answer was that, no, season ticket holders don't require to take proof of age, only those paying on the day.

On a wholly different note, you never got back to me regarding the matter I emailed you about several months ago. Is there any chance we could get it cleared up now? Feel free to take it to PM or back to email obviously.

I guess one way to get around that problem would be to open the Hall of Fame with one entry for each decade: six from the 50s to the 2000s, plus one pre-war? Some mechanism like the 5+ years and 25+ years retired would be a good way to recognise players from past decades from then on too. I could imagine any vote being quite substantially skewed towards players from the 2000s due to the ages of the fans likely to vote in these things.

Spot on. There needs to be such a mechanism to give great players of the past the recognition they deserve. On that note I see the 80 year old Dave Mackay was presented to the crowd at Tynecastle on Thursday night. How many Jambos or Spurs fans would have voted for him?

one point from 9 scored 3 goals lost 7 one look at the league table tells it own story .Going to be a long hard season at best we might get into the play offs.We have lost 4 goals in the last 10 mins.

The only good thing to come from todays game was that finished with 11 men on the park.Some fans seem to think that Gus will sort it out but is he really a good manager or someone who needed a job so Queens will do

.The budget Gus has is it that much less than the other teams in the 1st Div.???.Take Falkirk and Partick both much bigger clubs than Queens is there budget more than what Gus has i do not think so

Why has Gus signed a player with a long team injury in McCusker ???

Why did Gus let Weatherston go when he was happy to sign a contract on less money ???

Gus has the budget for 1 more player he has to try and get another striker in someone with pace even on loan would do.

Edited by Northfield 53

Anyone got this?

Yes I have a copy. It's a wee book with limited pages of photos through the years. Not really much in the way of text and I certainly wouldn't be paying $14 for it unless you are an avid Queens collector who desperately wants it. I think you might even still be able to buy it locally. Not sure.

I have it somewhere. When I was in primary school I did a project on queens, I wrote a letter to the club and they sent me that book free of charge :)

Did we? That was generous. Wasn't a Queens publication at all and we didn't get the profits from it (if it made any). Think it had something to do with the library. Must have had surplus stocks in the Club Shop at some point.

Definitely a library publication . These wee booklets - if I remember correctly - covered places all over the region like Machars , Stewartry and old Maxwelltown ( which only came into the arms of Dumfries around the early thirties I think ). There was definitelty an issue concentrating on the clayholers , Stranraer FC.

Definitely a library publication . These wee booklets - if I remember correctly - covered places all over the region like Machars , Stewartry and old Maxwelltown ( which only came into the arms of Dumfries around the early thirties I think ).

It would have been sometime before 1933 I think. When going through the old Queens share registers it was notable that addresses that were categorically in Maxwelltown, not Dumfries, in the original 1922 share issue were then Dumfries addresses by the October 1933 issue.

I am looking at buying Queen of the South: The History 1919-2008 in the next couple of weeks, hopefully i can also find Passport to Europe somewhere on the net.

Thanks for the heads up about the other book guys :)

I am looking at buying Queen of the South: The History 1919-2008 in the next couple of weeks, hopefully i can also find Passport to Europe somewhere on the net.

Thanks for the heads up about the other book guys :)

Sod eBay mate, try bookdepository.co.uk, usually very cheap and delivery to Oz is free. Have used it loads of times.

Glimpses only $5

History - available on other sites but very pricey

Passport to Europe - currently unavailable

Anyone got this quiz book? Published last year, I've never heard of it before!