The Queen of the South thread

My first game of the season tomorrow.

Big worry is will I recognise the team.

I guess as long as Livi don't have a change strip of blue I should be ok.

I'm with you on that WILLIEA, let's hope our players are up for the challenge. I'm not sure our pre-season games have brought us to the level of Livi, I think it was a grave mistake by the Queens BOD but let's wait until tomorrow before we start criticising the team.

Big Bad Kenny,

:bairn

People still taking hearsay as gospel?

:huh:

Brannigan rarely played Weatherston, I don't think that has anything to do with hearsay just an obvious observation. I wasn't slating Brannigan anyway, it was more pointing out that he was respected for giving his all even when it was clear that he wasn't in the manager's plans :rolleyes:

Have sent off an e-mail to Total Teamware about the issue, hopefully i hear some good news back.

Have you heard anything back from these muppets? I haven't, pretty piss poor customer relations to not even acknowledge the email.

Anyway, contact John (Paterson) at the Club Shop and he'll sort you out.

My observations so far.

Would drop McKenzie, hasn't done anything wrong as such but doesn't inspire confidence in me.

Move Reid to the centre of defence and drop McGuffie as him and Campbell are too slow and play Alan Reid at right back.

Team seems to be getting better with each game.

On OS it states you will need documents to prove concessions.

Easy enough for over 65 and students but will 14 and 15 year olds need to bring their birth certificates or do school kids have other forms of identification?

On OS it states you will need documents to prove concessions.

Easy enough for over 65 and students but will 14 and 15 year olds need to bring their birth certificates or do school kids have other forms of identification?

I'm told every child of secondary school age in Scotland has a "Young Scot" card issued to them which shows their date of birth. I can't imagine anyone's going to get too picky for primary schoolkids, clearly the move is to try to address those who try to pinch a reduced price entry they aren't entitled to.

Students will be the biggest issue at the start of the season, as they are every year. They don't start to October so won't have a valid matriculation card yet, especially if going into their first year. I've no idea how they are expected to prove it.

I presume it's also expected to apply to away fans too so hopefully it's been communicated to Raith.

I would expect a lot of complaints about this on Saturday though. Great. :(

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I'm told every child of secondary school age in Scotland has a "Young Scot" card issued to them which shows their date of birth. I can't imagine anyone's going to get too picky for primary schoolkids, clearly the move is to try to address those who try to pinch a reduced price entry they aren't entitled to.

Students will be the biggest issue at the start of the season, as they are every year. They don't start to October so won't have a valid matriculation card yet, especially if going into their first year. I've no idea how they are expected to prove it.

I presume it's also expected to apply to away fans too so hopefully it's been communicated to Raith.

I would expect a lot of complaints about this on Saturday though. Great. :(

We must get this in the local paper that if you are under 16 then you must bring your Young Scot card.For the O.A.P. like my Dad i have already told him to bring his bus pass.Surely students will have some kind of paperwork they could bring to prove they are a student.IThere are far to many fans who should pay £17 but get it in for £10.A guy at my work is only 55 but gets away with only paying a £10 thinks we are mad paying £17.

Has anyone heard when we are going to see Mark McCusker play for Queens???.

Anyone able to answer a query I have on the subject of season tickets and the new entry requirements? The company I work for have a season ticket from entering the shirt draw and offer this out to employees on a game by game basis. It's first-come, first-served or names out of a hat if more than one person wants it. Last season whoever was chosen was given the voucher for that particular game. Firstly, should they technically be allowed to do this or is the shirt draw season ticket intended for one person only? Secondly if/when I use it this season should I bring the entire season book as the new requirements state? As the season book will have the company name on the front not my own unless I bring a wage slip it's going to be pretty hard to prove how and why I've got that particular season book.

Anyone able to answer a query I have on the subject of season tickets and the new entry requirements? The company I work for have a season ticket from entering the shirt draw and offer this out to employees on a game by game basis. It's first-come, first-served or names out of a hat if more than one person wants it. Last season whoever was chosen was given the voucher for that particular game. Firstly, should they technically be allowed to do this or is the shirt draw season ticket intended for one person only? Secondly if/when I use it this season should I bring the entire season book as the new requirements state? As the season book will have the company name on the front not my own unless I bring a wage slip it's going to be pretty hard to prove how and why I've got that particular season book.

Just do what the rest of us do mate, bloody pay in. :angry:

Yes they are allowed to do it. The shirt draw season tickets, unlike all others, are transferrable. It's actually promoted to companies on the basis that they can do things like that, or give it to customers, etc.

You should bring the entire book, yes. That isn't a new requirement, that's always been the case, though not necessarily rigorously enforced. The point being that it's much easier for people to fake a voucher if they try hard enough than it is for them to fake an entire book. The turnstile attendant is supposed to see it being torn from the book. It doesn't really matter per se what name is on the book, especially when that name is a company.

Have you heard anything back from these muppets? I haven't, pretty piss poor customer relations to not even acknowledge the email.

Anyway, contact John (Paterson) at the Club Shop and he'll sort you out.

Cheers, mate.

Haven't heard anything back from those guys, will be e-mailing the club shop.

Edited by WanderingWarrior

Yes they are allowed to do it. The shirt draw season tickets, unlike all others, are transferrable. It's actually promoted to companies on the basis that they can do things like that, or give it to customers, etc.

You should bring the entire book, yes. That isn't a new requirement, that's always been the case, though not necessarily rigorously enforced. The point being that it's much easier for people to fake a voucher if they try hard enough than it is for them to fake an entire book. The turnstile attendant is supposed to see it being torn from the book. It doesn't really matter per se what name is on the book, especially when that name is a company.

Thanks for clearing that up SD.

Easy team to pick this week Alan Reid in at left back instead of Craig Reid Guff moves across to rignt back.Deagan to take the spare subs seat with the other boys.

When will we ever see McCusker does anyone no when he will be fit is he out long term with his groin problem???

Edited by Northfield 53

Easy team to pick this week Alan Reid in at left back instead of Craig Reid Guff moves across to rignt back.Deagan to take the spare subs seat with the other boys.

When will we ever see McCusker does anyone no when he will be fit is he out long term with his groin problem???

I would have thought it much more likely Alan Reid will directly replace Craig Reid at right back than muck about with 2/3rds of the rest of the back four. Reid can play either full back and went on at right back for the last five minutes at Livingston.

If Allan Johnston isn't fit then Degnan, Reilly or Holt to join the bench.