The Queen of the South thread

To be honest I agree with the three, it's a toss up for me on the rest. No one since I have been a fan deserves it IMO.

Wouldn't agree. I don't think you necessarily need to have contributed over a massive space of time to be a member of the Hall of Fame either.

To be honest I'd have been tempted to induct the whole starting eleven from the Scottish Cup Final as a starting point. Stephen Dobbie is far and away the best player I've ever seen in a Queens shirt in more than 25 years of watching too. I'm not overly bothered that he only played two and a half seasons, he'd be a Hall of Fame entry for me.

Wouldn't agree. I don't think you necessarily need to have contributed over a massive space of time to be a member of the Hall of Fame either.

To be honest I'd have been tempted to induct the whole starting eleven from the Scottish Cup Final as a starting point. Stephen Dobbie is far and away the best player I've ever seen in a Queens shirt in more than 25 years of watching too. I'm not overly bothered that he only played two and a half seasons, he'd be a Hall of Fame entry for me.

Someone on twitter has also asked why Dobbie wasnt included.

Presumably also a young / fringe Queens team. Doubt there'd be too many players expected to start Saturday playing today. Degnan and Black scoring for us according to the second link.

The best player to play for queens and he didnt play long, was Hughie Gallacher .His goalscoring record is unbeleivable both at club and International level.My grandad says he was the best centre forward (including Milburn )ever to play for Newcastle.

I agree that Dobbie was an undoubtly a class act. Dougie Mills was utter crap and you could name another 6 from that terrible era ,who were as bad.

I have to agree that Stephen Dobbie should be on the list but for this year it's the top 50 appearances plus Billy Houliston .

Since it's hoped to be an annual event maybe next year it'll be slightly different

Dobbies 104 appearances ( plus 55 goals ) doesn't even get him into the top 100 . If he's on the list next year he'll be first on my list

For this year though I've voted for Tommy Bryce & Andy Thomson

I've given it no thought at all as yet. Just seen the piece on the OS now. There's no closing date for votes. Anyone know what it is?

I'd like to know who is on the Committee that decided the nominations and indeed who decided who was to go on it in the first place. Anyone know?

If you speak to Jim Thomson on Saturday I'm sure you'll get all your questions answered

I voted Billy Collings ( the first Queens captain I saw & a decent player )

Also Peter Dickson ( you had to be there that season we signed him from Albion Rovers, the greatest of great escapes )

So many memories in that list.

Would agree with what some others have said, Stephen Dobbie is the best player I have ever seen in a Queens shirt.