The Queen of the South thread

I didn't see anything on the website that said you couldn't. You just have to email commercial@qosfc.com with two names from the list.

I've got 33 different email addresses, and I voted with every one of them. :o

Sorry folks, but certain players need my help. ;)

Is that for your all your P&B aliases? ;)

Well yes and no :blink:

I have only got two of me on here, the other me is a good and positive Queens supporter, while the present me is temperamental, hot and cold and depends what I've been drinking and when of course!!

Go ahead, I ask you all to find the other me. :ph34r:

Guest TOPFITTER

I've given it no thought at all as yet. Just seen the piece on the OS now. There's no closing date for votes. Anyone know what it is?

I'd like to know who is on the Committee that decided the nominations and indeed who decided who was to go on it in the first place. Anyone know?

And if you find out, I bet finding minutes of their meetings may be hard to come by. My understanding is it was somewhat less than a formal arrangement. However it would appear that their choice of non-voted inductees is meeting with approval from those I talk with. I am led to believe ongoing discussions, with regard to the future Hall Of Fame, induction process/nominees will take place.

And if you find out, I bet finding minutes of their meetings may be hard to come by. My understanding is it was somewhat less than a formal arrangement. However it would appear that their choice of non-voted inductees is meeting with approval from those I talk with. I am led to believe ongoing discussions, with regard to the future Hall Of Fame, induction process/nominees will take place.

I guess so. I will ask Jim when he is back but since we heard nothing of a formal committee being formed I expect it was an informal thing with him and maybe one or two others. Dont think anyone could complain at the three inductees but ideally a wee bit more transparency in the process moving forward. If the Trust are going to continue sponsoring it moving forward then maybe a committee of half a dozen or so including a couple from the club and a couple from the Trust. And certainly Ian Black if not already put forward by the club.

I guess so. I will ask Jim when he is back but since we heard nothing of a formal committee being formed I expect it was an informal thing with him and maybe one or two others. Dont think anyone could complain at the three inductees but ideally a wee bit more transparency in the process moving forward. If the Trust are going to continue sponsoring it moving forward then maybe a committee of half a dozen or so including a couple from the club and a couple from the Trust. And certainly Ian Black if not already put forward by the club.

I am sure they will take your advice,I am surprised they never asked you.

Hall of fame is a waste of time, too many people have abused the voting system. Besides, my Dad says that Billy Houliston couldnae lace Stephen Dobbie's boots. I would say that Andy Thomson was a much better player than the latter. My neighbour says that Allan Ball was much better than Roy Henderson, so in the end, it's the cheats and the younger voters that are going to get a buzz out of this rubbish.

Hall of fame is a waste of time, too many people have abused the voting system. Besides, my Dad says that Billy Houliston couldnae lace Stephen Dobbie's boots. I would say that Andy Thomson was a much better player than the latter. My neighbour says that Allan Ball was much better than Roy Henderson, so in the end, it's the cheats and the younger voters that are going to get a buzz out of this rubbish.

It will all depend on the era people followed Queens i suppose, as long as people don't use 33 different e-mails, everything should be fine ;)

When you read up on the history of the club, there seems to be plenty of players who would be worthy of selection.

Guys like Laurie Cumming as an example, short stay at Queens but could be included.

Edited by Iron Pigeon

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look at the players profiles. McGuffie is classed as right back/ midfield and he played mostly on the right in a back 3 last season so why is he now playing as a centre back? He is clearly unfit and overweight, again, why is this?

McLaughlin is down as midfield/defender so maybe he could be utilised at the back.

Gus will need to make changes as players are out and also to stop the rot with a big game coming up before the break.

Do you think McGuffie and McKenzie have maybe lost interest since being dropped? McKenzie's warm up on Saturday consisted of watching shots flying past him, unless they were within arm's reach. If he had to come on, he'd have had zero preparation.

I don't understand how full-time professional footballers can be so fat.

McKenzie first ----- he is the only Queens player I have seen that could fill Pat McCluskeys shorts . Not nearly fit enough at this level . McGuffie now -------- Surely , he can`t think getting into this unexceptional team of ours can be so difficult that he is disillusioned . This would be quite attainable with the head screwed on . As you say , if training every day , how can he not shift the pounds ? I like Ryan as a player but he is certainly not the slim fella that played for Gretna .