The Queen of the South thread

You rate him at right back but what about centre half? For me , his best position is on the right hand side of a four man defence . Brrannigan mistakenly played him out of position with his insistent 352 formation. Anybody but him could see it wasn't working . If / when he gets fit , I would slot him into right back , this allowing Craig Reid to go to centre half where here he is strongest. Of course , its nothing to do with me , only my tuppence worth.

The only thing I hate about him is his fitness, totally unacceptable at this level, we ain't a pub team.

Mark McCusker is he still not fit ? Gus said he was going to get a game last night with the Res but not in team.When will we see him play for Queens will it be this year ? Why did we sign him if he is never going to be fit ? Think we paid a small fee for him it is looking like that is a waste of money.

Come on lads , anyone who hasn`t voted for the Qos Hall Of Fame , then get your votes in . It will hardly take up any of your time . Promises to be a great night , so come on monkey tennis ,skyline , flash , kirky , vortex etc and lets do it.

I've already voted.

Iain McChesney and Andy Thomson were the beneficiaries.

Good Stuff Monkey Tennis. What about you Finlay , Conan , Dougie Mills , Palmy Cammy , Swarley and all the others. Anyone else going ? Heard the tables are selling out well.

I've voted for Andy Thomson and Tommy Bryce Mk2.......... I managed to resist the option of Dougie Mills!!!

Went along to the reserve game tonight against Queens Park. It was a thoroughly entertaining game which we won 5-4. Smith played very well and for the 2nd half McCusker featured. It was very obvious that he was still lacking match fitness but he scored a good goal. There were a few excellent performers from players I was not aware of. Dean Crozier the number 11 who wore orange boots looked the pick of the bunch and he demonstrated great skill, pace and tenacity. Was also impressed by the number 7 and number 8. Ian McShane was terrible though. It was one of those games where every time he got the ball he would lose it and on that evidence he is nowhere near ready for first team football

Come on lads , anyone who hasn`t voted for the Qos Hall Of Fame , then get your votes in . It will hardly take up any of your time . Promises to be a great night , so come on monkey tennis ,skyline , flash , kirky , vortex etc and lets do it.

I refer the Right Honourable gentleman to my post made some time ago. My votes went to Andy Thomson and Tommy Bryce.

Only one week to go before the voting closes for the Hall of Fame night .

If you haven't voted please try and do so asap please . Should be a cracking night and I'm really looking forward to it ....

Here's the list to choose from minus Billy Houliston , Jim Paterson & Allan Ball who've already been chosen for the Hall of Fame by the committee >>>>>>

The list of those eligible for Hall of Fame selection are: Iain McChesney, Jackie Oakes, Dougie Sharpe, Jim Kerr, Jimmy Robertson, Roy Henderson, Willie Savage, Alan Davidson, Jim Thomson, John Dempster, Bobby Black, Nobby Clark, Andy Aitken, George Cloy, Lex Law, Crawford Boyd, Tommy Bryce, Jimmy Binning, Alex Smith, Kevin Heatherington, Steve Mallan, Tommy McCall, Billy McLaren, Billy Collings, Graeme Robertson, John Murphy, Peter Dickson, Paul Burns, Jimmy Greenock, Billy Sim, Andy Thomson, Jackie Law Snr, Charlie Johnstone, Jim Donald, George Rowe, Eric Paton, George Dickson, Jackie Brown, Brian McKeown, Dougie McBain, Ian Reid, Willie Morrison, Andy McFarlane, Sean O Connor, Tommy Bryce, Billy Gordon, Dougie Mills, Billy McGhie

email your votes to - commercial@qosfc.com

Edited by PALMYLAD

Only one week to go before the voting closes for the Hall of Fame night .

If you haven't voted please try and do so asap please . Should be a cracking night and I'm really looking forward to it ....

Finally got around to doing this. Like several others, Tommy Bryce (Mk II) and Andy Thomson for me.

I see you are logged in Distant Doonhamer. Will you mind me asking whether you have voted ?

Haven`t yet. Tough choice. When you are as old as me you have seen a lot of players (good and bad).

Edit to add some good and bad on the list TBH.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Haven`t yet. Tough choice. When you are as old as me you have seen a lot of players (good and bad).

Edit to add some good and bad on the list TBH.

Finally got around to this tonight, having had five minutes to sit and think about it.

Tempted though I was by Andy Thomson, who will surely make it eventually if he doesn't this time, and since I couldn't vote for Dobs, I voted for two players who I never saw play (well I possibly saw one a few times but wasn't really conscious of it).

Roy Henderson and Iain McChesney for me.

I've not voted as I don't want to vote for players I can't remember, and the only player I think who deserves it in my Queen's supporting life is Stephen Dobbie or a Scottish Cup "team" entry.

Likewise for me. The deserving candidates on the list are well before my time and I don't want to vote for someone I've never seen play. Nor do I want to vote for the likes of Rowe or Mallan who I have seen!

Likewise for me. The deserving candidates on the list are well before my time and I don't want to vote for someone I've never seen play. Nor do I want to vote for the likes of Rowe or Mallan who I have seen!

Being older than you, I can remember back to the early to mid 80s, and I therefore voted for Jimmy Robertson and Tommy Bryce. It was not easy leaving out Andy Thomson, but the creativity and footballing brains of the two aforementioned Queens legends just did enough for me.

I understand why people might feel they can't vote for people they didn't see and that's fair enough. It's a personal choice. However, I think I can make some sort of assessment of people's contribution to the club over the years from history books, facts & figures, articles, interviews, etc. At the end of the day, if everyone feels they can't vote for people they never saw play then there's never going to be anyone elected who pre-dates colour tv! (yes, some voters will have seen older players than that right back to pre-war, but they'll be the minority).

I went for Roy Henderson and Iain McChesney mainly due to the longevity of contribution they made to the club. I never saw Henderson play and if I did see Ches then I wasn't really conscious of it. I presume I did see him play once or twice as a small child though. In Ches' case I also took into consideration his years of service since ceasing playing as coach, caretaker and match analyst.

I very nearly voted for Bobby Black. He was the third I was choosing between. Tommy Bryce and Andy Thomson were in my thoughts too and all three should certainly get in sooner or later. So should people like Paul Burns, Andy Aitken and Jim Thomson himself. You could probably merrily include most of the older names on that appearances list for sure.

I'd agree that while I see the logic of voting only for those we've actually seen play; the result of such a policy would be a violently skewed hall membership, which would not reflect the club's history and the success of our best spells.

Having said this though, for me, Andy Thomson was a very easy pick. Until Dobbie came along, watching Thomson in the second division represented the only time I entered every game knowing we had the best player on the park. We got a few very good years from him, a handsome fee which largely built us a stand and a return spell which, although less glittering, saw a couple of vital goals on the road to the greatest of our escapes.

Edited by Monkey Tennis