The Queen of the South thread

Lee Robinson was only on loan once, from Rangers in his first spell when he was fairly underwhelming. He returned on a short term contract under Brannigan when we were short of a keeper and then Gus brought him back properly but on both occasions he was a proper signing.

Jamie Adams had FOUR different loan spells with us. Technically both Zander Clark and Jamie MacDonald have had two with a summer back at their own club in between.

You've missed several.

2014-15 Greg Kiltie

2013-14 Bob McHugh & Lewis Kidd

2011-12 John Potter

2010-11 Ryan Conroy

2009-10 Denis Wyness, Joe Hamill & Jordan McMillan

2008-09 Steven Kinniburgh

2007-08 David Bingham & John Stewart

2006-07 Craig Hinchcliffe

We also had David Nixon from Motherwell at some point, Stewart Greacen from Livingston early in his career. Paul McMullan was another from Hearts.

Wouldn't exactly call Wyness, Hinchcliffe, Bingham or Potter "young starlets" when they were loaned to us though :lol:

It's of no great surprise I missed several, I stated as much. :rolleyes:

Of those listed Jordan McMillan is the only "hot prospect" to have done anything of note. He showed potential to do so as well whilst with us. One that got away.

I always like Conroy as well, who continues to be a good player at this level. We could do worse than re-sign him should we lose Holt.

Kinniburgh was another that falls in the truly woeful category. Currently at Kettering Town.

Saddened to see Jamie Adams is now at Wigton and Bladnoch. :(

Wouldn't exactly call Wyness, Hinchcliffe, Bingham or Potter "young starlets" when they were loaned to us though :lol:

Neither would I but as cammy had included Stevie Murray, Robinson, Barrowman, etc in his initial list who were hardly young starlets either at the time (maybe Robinson was to be fair) then I assumed it was meant to be a comprehensive list.

It's of no great surprise I missed several, I stated as much. :rolleyes:

Of those listed Jordan McMillan is the only "hot prospect" to have done anything of note. He showed potential to do so as well whilst with us. One that got away.

I always like Conroy as well, who continues to be a good player at this level. We could do worse than re-sign him should we lose Holt.

Kinniburgh was another that falls in the truly woeful category. Currently at Kettering Town.

Saddened to see Jamie Adams is now at Wigton and Bladnoch. :(

I know you did. I thought you were asking for others to be added?

Of the others Lewis Kidd is starting to show his potential now and it's very early for Greg Kiltie who just turned 18 the other week. I thought McHugh was reasonably decent though he'll always be remembered for THAT miss (and will never have to buy a pint in Alloa again most likely!). John Stewart may not have excelled but likewise for one very obvious contribution he was worth his weight in gold and probably shouldn't have to buy a pint in Dumfries again! Hamill did ok, no more, no less. I'd rate him similarly to Conroy to be honest other than Conroy having set piece taking in his locker too.

Take it Reilly is okay

Surely if not then we should have someone in on loan.

Calum Gallagher from Rangers would be a good signing.

Would suggest that any player not getting a game at Ibrox should be nowhere near Palmerston

Would suggest that any player not getting a game at Ibrox should be nowhere near Palmerston

You wouldn't say that about Nicky Clark. I know he's not anything that special but I'd take him back at the moment. Certainly don't think he "should be nowhere near Palmerston". My point is, if someone isn't getting a game at Ibrox it usually isn't down to them being shit, just the managerial staff being incompetent.

I haven't seen Gallagher play though so can't give a personal opinion on the matter.

If Reilly doesnt make it then Russell will play up front or Lyle will play on his own. I dont really get this, seeming, obsession with a loan striker

The idea of Lyle working as a lone man upfront against Hearts gives me the chills. I love him but think he needs a partner now, especially as he tends to naturally drop a little deeper during games. Beanie would seem fine as a natural replacement for Reilly, especially as he hasn't started the last few games anyway. I'm presuming we'd be sticking with the 3-5-2 formation.

If Reilly were to miss any games through injury would it just be the one? Haven't heard anything in regards to the seriousness of his injury. I'm presuming it's just a niggle which makes him 50/50 for Saturday but fine thereafter?

Edited by Chupacabra

The idea of Lyle working as a lone man upfront against Hearts gives me the chills. I love him but think he needs a partner now, especially as he tends to naturally drop a little deeper during games. Beanie would seem fine as a natural replacement for Reilly, especially as he hasn't started the last few games anyway. I'm presuming we'd be sticking with the 3-5-2 formation.

If Reilly were to miss any games through injury would it just be the one? Haven't heard anything in regards to the seriousness of his injury. I'm presuming it's just a niggle which makes him 50/50 for Saturday but fine thereafter?

I wouldnt disagree, it wouldnt be my choice of formation either. Of course, it might be Fowlers!

My point was more that we no more need a loan striker now than we did last week or will do next week

Interesting stuff about loanees.

FWIW, I thought Stevie Murray was an unequivocal hit. He wasn't incidental to our great escape; he was instrumental in it, offering us something we really lacked at the time.

As big a success for us as any of the others listed, even if he didn't hit the heights some others did elsewhere.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

You wouldn't say that about Nicky Clark. I know he's not anything that special but I'd take him back at the moment. Certainly don't think he "should be nowhere near Palmerston". My point is, if someone isn't getting a game at Ibrox it usually isn't down to them being shit, just the managerial staff being incompetent.

I haven't seen Gallagher play though so can't give a personal opinion on the matter.

Played and scored in both our wins against Queens this season. Don't think he's made the squad at Rangers since he went back and he's certainly not shit. I think even the Rangers fans on here were surprised he was sent out on loan after putting in some good performances fir them last season.

If Reilly doesnt make it then Russell will play up front or Lyle will play on his own. I dont really get this, seeming, obsession with a loan striker

If Reilly doesn't start there's no way Russell should start up front. The last couple of weeks have proved this.

It may be a case of Paton playing off Lyle in a kind of 3-5-1-1

I'd take a point now and move on.