The Queen of the South thread

"Unplayable on his day" was the exact phrase I was going to use. He was close to that level yesterday, and of course he tore The Rangers a new one the other week. He's also had standout performances against Hibs in the league cup a while back, and the playoff second leg last season.

He certainly seems to raise his game for the big matches, whether he could consistently do that in the top league I'm unsure. I see him more as a very good performer at this level, but probably someone who has found their level.

If he were to stay with us I'd like to see us sign another wide man and see Carmichael used more in that free role behind the strikers. I think that is his best position.

Chris Mitchell is he out with a injury again ? Has he played his last game for Queens ?

Were you at the game yesterday?

Does being at the game yesterday have any relevance to Northfield's queries. I was wondering myself what the position is regarding Mitchell's injury situation and future with the Club. I was at the game yesterday but funnily enough that does not seem to have shed any light on the situation.

By being at the game you should have noticed that Mitchell was running/training and therefore I would expect that he isn't therefore injured.

Players returning from injury, or still carrying a slight injury often do running/training exercises prior to games if they are not involved in the team warm-ups, indeed I noticed one Alloa player being put through a gut-wrenching stint with Paddy Connelly before yesterday's game. That does not answer the queries as to Mitchell's match fitness or future at the Club. Mitchell actually looked to be walking with a slight limp when he went to speak to some fans behind the goals. Maybe they asked him about his situation and they can shed some light on whats happening.

Anyone have any idea who this Jarrett Rivers from Blyth Spartans is. Reports in the sun say fowler has been keeping tabs on him for the last few months.

http://blythspartansafc.co.uk/new_php/?p=11105

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30780211

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Anyone have any idea who this Jarrett Rivers from Blyth Spartans is. Reports in the sun say fowler has been keeping tabs on him for the last few months.

He is a tricky winger who has had trials with a few English clubs & won young player of the year in the Evo-Stik league this season. Obviously a few Blyth Spartans players have come to light this season due to their FA cup run with one signing for Carlisle United. 3 or 4 also went up to Alloa & were invited back but declined the offer. Rivers come up through the Middlesbrough academy system until they released him & currently works in his family's newsagents I am led to believe.

Edited by qos8

Mitchell looked really awful when he came on up at Raith. Looked as though he needed more time to make a full recovery and since then hasn't been listed in any squad. Remember seeing Rivers on the FA cup highlights show and the pundits highlighting him for praise saying he could play at at a higher level.

I watched the whole of the Hartlepool v Blyth FA Cup game and he scored the winner I am sure . Although have only seen him play once, he looked very lively and loves running at defenders . I have to remind you though that first peeks at North East lower league players can be deceiving . Jon Sunderland anyone ?

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I watched the whole of the Hartlepool v Blyth FA Cup game and he scored the winner I am sure . Although have only seen him play once, he looked very lively and loves running at defenders . I have to remind you though that first peeks at North East lower league players can be deceiving . Jon Sunderland anyone ?

Sunderland was shit right from the start. Weatherson, Bowey and Paddy Atkison were great though. Loads of shit out there (most of whom we signed that season :o ) but some gems also.

Sunderland was shit right from the start. Weatherson, Bowey and Paddy Atkison were great though. Loads of shit out there (most of whom we signed that season :o ) but some gems also.

Mmm, Sunderland scored on his debut and whilst we are talking about a game nearly 15 years ago I seem to recall he played well. Dont disagree it was quickly obvious he wasnt that good but his actual debut was good.

OK enough whoever does the Twitter feed for the Club, ENOUGH! Stop just tweeting headlines, you have to at least include a link to the story.

It's an automated process, not something anyone actually does. When a news item is posted on the website a headline is automatically posted to Twitter.