The Queen of the South thread

I posted on the kit thread but this would probably be the best bet place for this.

I am looking for a replacement shirt from our title winning season of a couple of years ago(home or away, if anybody hasone in reasonable condition, size large(40-42")that they would be willing to sell. The queens crest wore off the home shirt I had through wear. So if you have one and are prepared to sell it to me then let me know.

Kilmarnock have not released Greg Kiltie. He is out of contract and as far as I know has been offered a new one. Presume he hasnt yet signed it as I dont think they have announced anything.

He said to me he had been let go told there was no new deal for him he might be wrong but that's certainly what he said

Cheers. Page 553. What's worrying is that the first time they were posted on this site was by you.............. after quoting my post asking "Where can you see the strips?" :( My god my memory is rotten :(:(

There's also a pretty good representation of all 3 kits on the historical football kits website-a definitive guide to strips old and new!

Two more strikers would give us 5, including Smith. When did we last have five strikers in the squad?

We've kind of replaced like for like, so far, with all five signings, certainly in terms of age and experience. It'll be interesting to see if that continues with any further signings, who would effectively replace Carmichael, Paton and McKenna

Im not sure if we have replaced like for like yet. Time will tell if this is true. These guys could turn out either way, whereas the guys who have left had became established championship players. If our last striking signing were to be Oliver then I would reckon we would need another, however if it was someone like Dobbie I would be happy enough with 4 striking options. Put it this way if our strikers were Lyle, Higgins, Smith and Oliver then we would be stuck with a veteran and the other 3 barely have a senior goal to their name between them nevermind an appearance. At this level of football going in with so many rookies may well be a risky move

Im not sure if we have replaced like for like yet. Time will tell if this is true. These guys could turn out either way, whereas the guys who have left had became established championship players. If our last striking signing were to be Oliver then I would reckon we would need another, however if it was someone like Dobbie I would be happy enough with 4 striking options. Put it this way if our strikers were Lyle, Higgins, Smith and Oliver then we would be stuck with a veteran and the other 3 barely have a senior goal to their name between them nevermind an appearance. At this level of football going in with so many rookies may well be a risky move

Of course all of the players that left were rookies at this level at one point and got better with experience. Signing a jobber is a waste of money and there is about the same chance they'll be a flop.

Sorry, when I said like for like I meant in terms of age and, to a lesser extent, experience. As you say, only time will tell if we've replaced quality like for like.

I wouldnt disagree with what you say about strikers. When you said two more strikers, I assumed you meant two experienced players. I cant see that happening

QoS showing interest in Dale Hilson 22 yr old attacking midfielder been at Forfar on loan last 4 season from dun utd,Forfar manager D Campbell has been surprised that no full time club has came un for him in the past. Falkirk had shown interest last season.

QoS showing interest in Dale Hilson 22 yr old attacking midfielder been at Forfar on loan last 4 season from dun utd,Forfar manager D Campbell has been surprised that no full time club has came un for him in the past. Falkirk had shown interest last season.

Raith Rovers also interested in him.

We were never going to replace the young boys we lost with players of equal or greater quality. Any players that fell into that category would be looking for a bigger club than QoS. If we had the pulling power to bring those type of players then we likely wouldn't have lost our promising youngsters in the first place!

I think some folk need to realise we aren't as big a club as they think we are. The board are doing superbly off the park and in all honesty I'd be hoping within the next five years we are either in the top flight or at least seriously contending. The fact remains though that we aren't the type of club who will fork out transfer fees for big name players. We've had the last 2/3 good seasons based on a foundation of nurturing youth and that's the way we should be continuing to do things. I'm genuinely more happy about 3 under 21 year old's (aye ok, one is 21) joining us than I would be if we had just signed 3 28-30 year olds.

I think what QoS need to start doing is offering these youngsters 2/3 year deals* so we at least get a bit of cash if they are snatched off us.

*Not straight away mind you. That would be a massive risk. However, if these 3 lads were to have a steady season with us and we could all see they were destined for bigger things, then at that point I'd be hoping the board offer longer term contracts.

Totally agree.

The only exciting great players we will see in a Queens top are young ones who have come up through the ranks. Anyone of that pedigree who is already proven is way above our budget.

Brownlie is an excellent signing for Queens. A player I would love to see back in a Cowden shirt one day. As mentioned before Fowler and Brownlie played together briefly for us so Fowler will know exactly what to expect.

Strong, quick and good in the air and not bad with the ball at his feet. I'd be surprised if he doesn't become a fans favourite.

Brownlie is an excellent signing for Queens. A player I would love to see back in a Cowden shirt one day. As mentioned before Fowler and Brownlie played together briefly for us so Fowler will know exactly what to expect.

Strong, quick and good in the air and not bad with the ball at his feet. I'd be surprised if he doesn't become a fans favourite.

Sounds like he is a similar player to Durnan then.

Against livi at ours he was cowdens best player, only him and weddedburn looked good enough for this level