The Queen of the South thread

Yes, but I think they are shared with the club. Status Quo used them and I vaguely remember hearing something about them being the officials changing rooms next season. That could be completely wrong though!

I don't think Quo used them. As far as I knew they used rooms in the Ice Bowl itself, though I may be wrong. Probably one of the bands used them that night though I expect. I don't think they are used for the general pitch hires at the moment, they continue to use the portacabin ones which are used on matchdays for the ballboys and as a drug testing room where required. The changing rooms under the stand are generally used for events at the Ice Bowl only. I'm also not aware of any suggestion of the match officials using them next season either. I wouldn't have thought that would make sense. The referee normally visits both dressing rooms immediately before the match to check studs etc. He's not likely to want to walk across the pitch first to do that.

I don't think Quo used them. As far as I knew they used rooms in the Ice Bowl itself, though I may be wrong. Probably one of the bands used them that night though I expect. I don't think they are used for the general pitch hires at the moment, they continue to use the portacabin ones which are used on matchdays for the ballboys and as a drug testing room where required. The changing rooms under the stand are generally used for events at the Ice Bowl only. I'm also not aware of any suggestion of the match officials using them next season either. I wouldn't have thought that would make sense. The referee normally visits both dressing rooms immediately before the match to check studs etc. He's not likely to want to walk across the pitch first to do that.

Sorry, I meant to say they were used for the Quo concert, rather than that the band themselves used them

I did think the officials thing was a bit odd. I'm going to have to go and find out where I heard it!

ETA - looks like I misread it. There are changing rooms in the ice bowl for two teams AND one for officials. Not for officials of first team games

Edited by Mr X

Sorry, I meant to say they were used for the Quo concert, rather than that the band themselves used them

I did think the officials thing was a bit odd. I'm going to have to go and find out where I heard it!

ETA - looks like I misread it. There are changing rooms in the ice bowl for two teams AND one for officials. Not for officials of first team games

I see. There is also currently no access from those dressing rooms to the pitch without walking through the Rosefield Stand which wouldnt work for a first team game with a crowd in the stand.

Great servant to the club. Hope his new career works out well for him.

Would be a cracking signing for a part time club if he is still looking to play.

Imagine he turned up at Palmerston in a Stranraer shirt in a couple of weeks :o

Great player for Queens, hope everything works out well for him. I hope he'll be back at Palmerston at some time in the future as I want to see some evidence of aging - unbelievable that he still seems to look exactly the same as when he broke into the first team.

Edited by TeeMan

Wow that is a real shock, and incredibly disappointing news. With this new coaching role I had envisaged him being at the club for many years to come, and potentially a future manager. By all accounts he was doing a good job with the coaching side of things, so long term this news is a loss for football. Short term we've lost a very important and experienced player. He's obviously been made an offer he can't refuse, so all the best to him.

Far and away the most distressing of all of the Summer departures. :(

Good Luck Burnsey. You've been a great servant. He's getting older now and probably only had a few years on a footballer's wage so it only makes sense for him to take a well paid job at this time even if he's sacrificing 3/4 years worth of playing. The opportunity may not be there when he retires.

From our point of view, it's disappointing but given Burns' lack of game time last year he may not be as big a miss as we think. I don't mean that to sound bitter I just mean we adjusted without him in the team last season and will surely do the same this season. Tapping to be our new anchorman?