The Queen of the South thread

I can see why latest wages before a move come into play, but the "status of the two clubs" sounds to me like something unfairly designed to ensure that the redistribution of the game's wealth is restricted further.

Absolutely. It's a very big leap to suggest that because, for example, The Rangers are historically a bigger club with a shinier more expensive training complex than us that a player brought up through the ranks there and coached by such luminaries as Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowell has had a better education than one trained at Broadwood by James Fowler and Jim McIntyre.

Should it be a factor they consider? Probably yes.

Should it be the first factor considered? A resounding no.

Edited by palmy_cammy

I can see why latest wages before a move come into play, but the "status of the two clubs" sounds to me like something unfairly designed to ensure that the redistribution of the game's wealth is restricted further.

Yup. Loaded.

Absolutely. It's a very big leap to suggest that because, for example, The Rangers are historically a bigger club with a shinier more expensive training complex than us that a player brought up through the ranks there and coached by such luminaries as Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowell has had a better education than one trained at Broadwood by James Fowler and Jim McIntyre. Should it be a factor they consider? Probably yes. Should it be the first factor considered? A resounding no.
I did say a while ago their previous wages were taken into account. Also I'm sure the newly offered contract has to be better than the last one the player was on, even if it was just £1.Anyway we all know everything is weighed towards the so called big clubs. Doncaster wouldn't want it any other way.

So it's five times against the Hibs this season plus the cup games. And you lot that go to the games week in and week out wonder why the crowds keep going down. Yaaaaawn!

How many would have been there if we did play in la manga? I'm sure hundreds were there and were put off going to other games against hibs.

I used to love the away games, really looked forward to going to Greenock, Dumbarton and Hamilton once a season. Nowadays it's Livingston, Falkirk, Livingston, Falkirk, Livingston, Livingston............................Well you get my driftzzzzzzzzzzzz

I used to love the away games, really looked forward to going to Greenock, Dumbarton and Hamilton once a season. Nowadays it's Livingston, Falkirk, Livingston, Falkirk, Livingston, Livingston............................Well you get my driftzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ibrox, Easter Rd etc.